July 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Kiehl's - Ultra Moisturizing Eye Stick SPF 30 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know this is discontinued, but I want to add my voice to all those crying out that this is a great and unique product and should not have been discontinued. Maybe someone from Kiehls will read these reviews and re-launch this or a similar item. This was fab for any place on the face really and great for travel as it was a solid. Bring it back!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by qkchan

I was worried about sun damage under my eyes and ::gasp:: wrinkles, so I started looking into specific eye creams containing SPF. I don't remember how I came across this product but it's become a part of my regular morning routine. It's moisturinzing but not sticky or heavy. Very good product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by claudiacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this for several years in the harsh Texas sun and it worked. I swear--it makes me look several years younger (I'm 35). It gets a little tricky if you're exercising--the sweat might make it run into your eyes, which makes them (at least for me) a little irritated. But, that happens rarely, so I give it 5 stars.

Now, I am a little desperate, since it looks like they discontinued it (can't find it anymore). Help!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by violetsrblu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The skin under my eyes are dry and crepey, and my anti-aging eye creams don't help the problem and sometimes makes it worse. I've been on the hunt for a long lasting moisturizing eye cream to layer over the treatment creams. Kiehl's ultra moisturizing eye stick spf 30 is the best I've tried so far. It makes my skin look moist and lines less pronounced. I am prone to milia and Kiehl's has not caused any problems. Concealers will apply more smoothly too and not fade as long as it is set w/ a little powder (I like MUF HD).
    After giving my 1st eye cream about 5 min. to soak in, I sweep Kiehl's under my eyes from the outer to the inner undereye area and very gently pat the area for a few seconds. I wait another 5 min. before applying concealer, but if my undereye still seems oily, I gently blot a tissue there before applying concealer.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2011 6:18:00 AM More reviews by psmitty

Hmmm..undecided about this product. I love the stick format, the lack of scent, the spf 30 and the fact it doesn't irritate my eyes at all like others. But like other reviewers, I had difficulty with makeup around my eye. Eyeliner and mascara that have never smudged before did and my concealer (long-wearing) didn't set properly. I was hoping this would be an easy addition to my morning routine, but it may take tweaking. I'll update in the summer when its needed more! Next is Clarins to try...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by eiswoman

This is yet another eye treatment that I had high hopes for...I just couldn't use the stick. When I try to apply to my eyes directly with the stick, it doesn't apply well and just ends up pulling/tugging the skin, which I obviously don't want to do on a regular basis. I tried applying it to my finger first, but it's too solid and dense to be able to do that.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2009 1:38:00 PM More reviews by AnnieNYC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

DISCONTIUNED...I HATE KIEHLS!!! What a STUPID MISTAKE!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________________
    This is a MUST HAVE product. It is the best undereye moisturizer and SPF in the WHOLE WORLD! I put it on after my morning shower and about 5 minutes before makeup, and it has been a GODSEND. I really could not love this more! The SPF does NOT sting my eyes...and as a former lifeguard I can attest to eye stinging SPF, ha ha....and it seems to be working...I'm 41 and have no wrinkes. I FREAK out when this is starting to run out, and run to the store and have another on hand.

Kiehls, if you are listening.....PLEASE put an expiration date on this item!
    Girls, go out and buy one of these....you'll LOVE IT!!

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lola_B_10021

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

It truly is a thick moisturizing lipstick-shaped stick, I researched and bought based on reviews. I have oily lids, am dry underneath and hoped this would be great UVA/UVB protection. I'm not even sure it's protecting but I do know it leaves me with crazy eyes, in fact crazy-vaseline eyes, better yet, crazy-vaseline-your-eyelashes-get-stuck-in-moisturizer-and-blur-your-vision-all-day-even-after-you-remove-it-eyes. It's very emollient.

This is not ideal for everyday use, for almost no sport, and is probably only useful sailing under harsh wind conditions when no one gives a damn what you look like. I've never tried this in water or really during any rereational activity but just making it through the day is a nuisance.

Not complaining, (much), I've been using for 6 months now and convinced myself oily eyes were better than cancer and damage, but there's GOT to be another way.

Whoever's layering anything over this has got to give me their secret because no matter how long I wait, it justs sits up there and doesn't seem to absorb and matting it is just removing sunscreen. But there's tons of it left so its lasting power is great.

The package is fabulous though, but I do worry about the stick melting, or breaking. It seems fragile though it glides on lids and lips very smoothly. Kiehl's products always fall short for me.

Will update w/ingredients list if no one else has.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2009 5:59:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm undecided about this one. I wear sunscreen religiously but always avoid my eye area. I've been looking for something like this because of the SPF benefits. The packaging is very convenient, and travels well. It's a neat little product.

But...I'm frustrated that I can only use it when I'm not wearing makeup. Concealer, eyeshadow, etc. just slips right off. The product itself is like a rich balm, so it's very moisturizing. It just doesn't sink in and absorb into my skin. Even when I pat on a light layer and leave it be for fifteen minutes I still can't apply makeup without spreading it all over the damn place. Several days of futile attempts left me angry apparently lol.

I don't wear makeup everyday so this would be a staple for those times when I'm going natural. It feels nice and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. Now that it's moving towards summer I think something like this is even more necessary. But I'm sure there's a similar product out there that isn't as greasy. I'll keep this for now but I wouldn't repurchase.

EDITED on 11/17/09: I ended up returning this within a couple of weeks. It was ultimately much too thick and greasy no matter where I tried to use it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2009 7:20:00 PM More reviews by goodmornin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like many reviewers became really obsessed with wearing sunscreen and thought that I had found my HG in kiehls' moisturising eye stick with spf 30. Wrong.

When I put it on, it really just sits like a shiny layer on top of my eyelids and undereyes - Just like as if I swiped some vaseline on them. This makes it useless to wear during the day if I want to go out and wear make up on top because it becomes to oily and you really just cant put make up on top of it. I'm still looking for the HG everyday SPF eyecream... it seems like natura bisse has one but its a bit more expensive...