Aveda Brightening Essence

3.0

on 3/3/2006 3:41:00 PM

I used this product religiously for three months and have seen NO improvement of the dark spots on my face.

on 3/29/2005 8:01:00 AM

Face-so-bright...cannot see...must wear sunglasses. Gently brightens but works better if you eat macrobiotic, do yoga every morning for 2 hours and run 7km a day.

on 11/11/2004 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product sucks. It's part of a two step process (which is where they get you because collectively it costs about $80 US). I have been using it (both steps) religiously for four months and have seen NO difference in my skin tone. I have occassional adult acne that leaves dark spots on my otherwise fair skin. According to the packaging and the salesperson, this treatment was supposed to work in lightening those dark spots. It didn't. I also recently spoke with a dermatologist about the products and was told that you can't expect the type of results promised by this product from plant-based compounds.

on 4/12/2004 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been using the product for a little over a month now, and I definitely see improvement in my skins texture, tone and overall appearance. I know it's specifically for sun damage, but I swear some of my acne scars have faded as well. I also had no trouble breaking out which is a problem I have with a lot of proucts. I love this stuff and will purchase again!

on 2/13/2004 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Brightening Essence is a serum that's used as step one of a two part brightening "system" new from Aveda. It's supposed to help clarify skin and reduce dark spots. I really like the Brightening Essence! It goes on very smooth and sinks in quickly. I've been using these products in the morning under makeup, and they seem to be working. $45 for a 1 oz. tube, but I only apply a small amount each time I use it, so hopefully it will last a while.