April 17, 2014 | 1431 users online

Lip Gloss - Hard Candy - Stain & Shine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by forcedorgasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

wow.. this stuff is amazing! i've tried revlons colorstay over time sheer lip color in many colors (sheer nude/rosette and champagne) and it does not compare to this. this is a step up from a plain old lip stain. i bought 3 of these, poppy, petal and sangria. i think i tried sangria first (i'm not too sure) it applies VERY sheer BUT the color is VERY buildable. revlons overtime lip color is not buildable at all. one coat and your done or it just blobs together and balls up. with the stain, i was able to actually build color from very sheer to pretty opaque and it dried very smooth and soft. i used my hair dryer on low med heat to help dry it faster and the dryer didnt ruin the application at all. the top coat is very very glossy, a bit too much for my liking. to the point where it looks over done. i'm sure many girls would like that feature though. i drank coffee and had street meat(hot dog) and this didn't move one bit. the color did not transfer onto my coffee cup either. absolutely loved it. the lip stain part of this is very liquidy and somewhat runny but it's still easy to work with. i shake it before i apply it, just because. the lip gloss party is very shiny as i mentioned and it smells of mint, which is pleasant. the ingredients arent that great. i have pigmented lips for reference and this works like a charm. i'd HIGHLY recommend and def buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2009 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this to be a surprisingly good lip set. I have Piglet, which contains a beautiful raspberry popsicle stain and clear glittered gloss. The stain applies evenly and wears well, and the gloss isn't sticky and helps the color to last a bit longer. Not the most unique or high-quality of products, but pretty good nonetheless.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2008 3:03:00 PM More reviews by liasaun1

I didn't like this product. I don't typically wear things on my lips aside from chapstick but I thought I might as well try this product out since it was on sale for 75% off. The color was OK but the gloss was really sticky and gross, reminded me of the lip glosses I used to get when I was in middle school and shopped at CVS. Not a fan. I used this product once and then gave it away.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 6:47:00 AM More reviews by alohacarol

I bought this cause Hard Candy was having a 75% sale. THe color is pretty berry but not a dark color. I enjoy this because I would rather layer the color one by one then have the stain just cover my lips in a dark color without having a choice to turn back. The color is very natural and not overwhelming like most of the other stains out there. (which also means the color is not very shown like the others) The gloss barely has any scent to it which I am very not used to. The texture of the gloss is kind of funky too but it's not something that bad. I bought this and Kiss and Tell Fate and both of them are good for everyday school/casual look. The days when you are lazy or you know you would work a lot but you still want to look pretty. :))

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by SouperGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got piglet as an extra in a swap. Unfortunately, the gloss part was broken off, but I really don't mind. The stain is wonderful by itself or with one of my other glosses. I generally can't wear purples, but this goes on as more of a berry pink. It took a little practice to get it to apply evenly but it was definitely worth the trouble. I've been searching for a nice stain for quite some time (so far I've tried tarte, lorac, and vincent longo stains) and this is definitely one of my favorites. I can say that I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2005 1:10:00 PM More reviews by peggym

I am very picky when it comes to lip products. I stay away from glosses because they are generally made too sticky. The gloss on one end of the tube is actually very light and the fine glitter is very flattering. The stain lasts fairly long on my lips and often times I just wear the stain because it looks very natural. By varying the amount, you can achieve different looks. I love this duo and the color I bought is 'Stop'.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2004 8:41:00 AM More reviews by gilbertva

I bought this in Stop and am generally pleased with it. It is a double-ended wand with a red lipstain liquid with a rollerball on one end and a clear shimmery lipgloss on the other end. I have never had any leakage problems, but I am very paranoid about it happening. The lipstain goes on as a nice sheer red with a hint of pink on me, and the gloss goes on top sheer with a nice shimmer. Overall a nice look, but I took off one lippie because you definitely need a mirror to apply this one, and I don't think the stain lasts that long. But after being applied correctly, this looks great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2004 12:41:00 AM More reviews by annaharris_227

I got this in Piglet. And I actually don't mind the dark purple color. In fact, it's the same color as my NYC Lip and Cheek Stain. But what I do mind is that when I opened the tube, the stain had sort of leaked a little. I managed to rub a cosmetic wedge in the tiny space and get some of the excess stain out. Then when I applied it to my lips, it was hard to get the stain out of the tube. I had to roll it across five to six times to get any color on my lips. And by the time I was done, the color looked uneven! My lower lip was darker than my upper lip! The gloss part is actually pretty good, though! It's thick but it's not sticky! As a cheek stain, this is very tricky to blend. I blended it IMMEDIATELY after application, and it still left a darker pink splotch on my cheek where I had directly applied the stain. Overall, I don't really think this one is a keeper!! Sorry, Hard Candy! Better luck next time!!=0)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2004 2:12:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I reviewed Piglet and said it was terrible, a weird purple color. Then got curious about the product in general again, and I bought Stop. Wow. This is great! A roll-on glossy stain that truly stays on, with a sugary gloss to match, plus Stop seems to be the perfect red. It has pink undertones, making it a little bright, but it gives me the look of "just bitten" flushed lips. And more importantly, it stays on. Wow, I'd want to get married in this. Stop is definitely an ideal red lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2004 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Deedlit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought it in Stop. Its the perfect color red for me. I wasn't thrilled with the gloss at first, it seemed to thick and sticky, but it seemed to last half the day which was a nice suprise.