November 23, 2014 | 1628 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by kjulia135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a very sensitive skin with some acnes and rosacea. The first time using this cleanser in shower, nothing happened. It smelled nice and felt gentle on my face. But after I came out of the shower, I noticed my face was RED. I simply thought it was because of the shower and I applied my toner that I have been using for a couple of weeks and my face burnt. I was so surprised to see my face SO red... and everything else I put on afterwards, it just kept burning. A bad choice to try bunch of new products at the same time, but I applied Avene Hydrance Light Cream for the first time after my toner and my skin burned even more. My face did not cool down for the whole night and was still red the next morning. The next day, I used a different cleanser and I applied the Hydrance Cream again and it wasn't burning. If you have sensitive skin with acnes, be careful when using acne-prone skin products.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by llamadelrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great cleanser. It's quite mild, yet it cleanses well, doesn't dry out my skin and actually my skin seems to improve as I use it. I think it's great for those with sensitive yet oily and acne-prone skin. Great, travel-friendly packaging. It's a bit pricey but I always manage to get this on a sale and a bottle lasts me about 5 or 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Too bad I'm inundated with deluxe cleanser samples to get through or I'd have hopped on this. Got in birchbox. Takes away makeup and grime easily with no tightness. No clarisonic required but of course plays nicely with it. Balances my extreme combo skin. Smells and looks fresh. (Does if really matter what it looks like though?). I will definitely keep this in the back of my mind for when I'm out of cleansers. My fave in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mrsalenko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Best. Cleanser. Ever.

I initially got this because I was using Differin for my acne and all other cleansers were way too irritating for my skin. I'm glad I did because I think changing my cleanser actually made more of a difference for my skin than the acne cream! It helped calm down my irritated skin and get rid of the redness.

Smells (and looks) nice and fresh, removes make up effectively, cleans thoroughly without being too harsh on the skin and always leaves my face feeling fresh. I have dry/combination skin and I don't think this cleanser dries it out too much. I still have to moisturize immediately after washing, though, but I think it's actually less drying than other cleansers I've tried.

The packaging is comfy to use and actually looks really nice on my shelf as well. The cleanser has a gel consistency but lathers up into a nice foam, you don't need to use a lot of it at once so the bottle, although on the pricier side, seems to last forever.

A year a go I had pretty terrible acne on the chin area, and after about a year of using this product, the condition of my skin has improved IMMENSELY. My skin is completely clear except for the odd pimple every now and then. Now, of course I can't say for sure that it's thanks to this cleanser alone, but it certainly has helped! If you have acne prone, sensitive skin, then this product is definitely worth a shot. Will probably repurchase forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by sakurina

I've been using Clinique for many years but now my skin is much more oily thanks to my crazy hormones... I've started to get more pimples, especially in the T-zone and this cleanser helps to treat them. Unfortunately, it didn't do much for my closed comedones so I need to add a chemical exfoliant to remove them...

This cleanser is really soft/gentle for my sensitive skin and I don't need to moisturize after. My T-zone is not oily anymore (I saw a difference after 1 month of use).

Sent is really good and the opening of the bottle is really pratical.

EDIT: I no longer use this cleanser, it's way too harsh in the long term (especially in winter)... :(

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by meliannatsr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The first time I tried this product I hated it because my skin felt really dry since my skin is overall normal except from my T zone (it is also acne prone near my jaw line), but a year ago I decided to give it another try since my dermatologist suggested it. What I found was that, if you use it in combination with a decent toner and a good moisturiser it really does wonders! My skin feels really clean and I get less pimples! I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by Clare_au

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for most of a year (alternating with another cleanser) and it hasn't caused any major issues, but I've never been highly impressed, and I think it's time to retire it. It is quite drying, making my skin feel tight after use, and it's fragranced, which I think could be contributing to skin irritation. I was surprised at this given that Avene is usually a fragrance-free brand marketed to people with super-sensitive skin. It also stings my eyes - I know most cleansers do, but I loved the Paula's Choice cleanser I used to have which didn't sting at all. It does have a nice texture when applied and I like that there's only a minimal amount of foam.

Overall, Cleanance gets the job done well enough, but at the high price I won't be repurchasing. I'm actually trying out a cheap drugstore brand cleanser now (Dermaveen) which is much better so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by lailahelal

My derm prescribed this to me when I was on accutane because its soap free and non irritant. Its the best face wash I've used so far! It cleans my skin without drying it out and controlled my breakouts alot! Thank you avene for making such a wonderful product.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:30:00 AM More reviews by Kirbyness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This used to be my HG cleanser..until they changed the ingredients. Now it is very harsh, strips my skin and although it does make my skin feel clean it also leaves it feeling tight. But the worst thing about the new formulation is how much it stings and irritates my eyes. No matter how careful I am it leaves the area around my eyes red and painful.
So this has went straight into the bin and now back to hunting for another gentle cleanser.
Why avene..why..:(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit torn about this product. On the one hand, it cleanses well, removes all traces of makeup and doesn't cause breakouts due at least in part to it's "soapless" gel consistency. It also smells very pleasant (not overly fragranced, just a clean smell). For these reasons, I've continued to purchase this cleanser for over SIX YEARS!! However......on the other hand, I feel that this product is too drying for my skin. It lathers well and leaves skin very fresh looking after washing, but I feel it is also sucking a lot of moisture from my skin in the process. I think I may need to re-evaluate my relationship with this cleanser! I see this product working much better for truly oily skin types, as your skin will probably tolerate it better (i.e. no moisture loss).