Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

I have acne treated with medicine, so although I rarely have new breakouts I still have blemishes from old breakouts. My skin is clear enough that I never wear foundation & concealer, but in order to remove old acne scars I've used MANY skin regimes that promise to clear them, but NEVER live up to the hype. I paid $140 for a brand called 'alpha h' which promises to clear acne, but made NO difference at all. I've tried every acne pill, face wash, cream, soap, 3 piece kit out there. I use the 'Proactiv' 3 piece kit because it cleans my skin well & removes some scars, but not all. My friend owns a chemist & I saw the 'Avene' cleanance for oily & acne prone skin, which has the soapless gel cleanser, spring water & cream gel. I'd never heard of Avene but he wanted to give it to me to try as he knows I'm on the search for the best acne products. Well it's been 5 days since I started using it & I'm VERY disappointed. I've broken out a LOT. It's disappointing when you try an acne product which makes the acne worse, defeating the purpose of using it. I really thought this was going to be my new miracle skin regime, but my search continues!

I do like the soapless gel cleanser, especially the smell, but I have a full bottle & will never buy it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have hormonal acne prone skin, easily congested and prone to those pesky dry sensitive areas as well as t zone shine. I honestly thought I would hate this cleanser, as I don't have very much luck with cleansers for oily or combination skin. Surprisingly I like this, it works well with the serums I'm using and the Cleanance Expert moisturiser. It hasn't caused dry sore patches so it's a winner for me. It's on point in terms of price too. (I use this as a second cleanser on an evening as I can't give up my argan cleansing oil by Good Things'.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

An amazing cleanser - it has fragrance but still perfect for oily/blemish prone skin.

Its been recommending by a dermatologist because she uses it herself. It definitely helps with oil control and removes SPF well. I use this twice daily and its helped with oil control greatly.

It doesn't get rid of acne but along with a night time retinoid it has kept my skin healthy & happy. Packaging is amazing for travel - doesn't leak at all!

A bottle would last 2-3 months. You only need a very small amount and it created a good lather. Make sure you work the lather on your face for 1 whole minute.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have an oily skin, with few medium breakouts, a lot of white heads and black heads specially on my forehead.
This is my first foamy cleanser as i like creamy ones (they are less drying, at least for me)
I hate the fact that this is a clear cleanser. Its hard to know if i rinsed it off completly or not.
Also this is not strong enough to fight my acne nor my white heads. I think i'm more into cleansers with salicylic acid.
I'm not saying this is a bad cleanser. I like how gentle it is. Its more gentle than any cleanser i ever used.
It leaves my skin feeling soft and healthy looking.
Ill just use this in the morning with another stronger cleanser at night and it will be perfect :D
Btw i like the packaging, i can easily control the amount i want.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference I have oily, adult (hormonal) acne-prone skin. I tried out this cleanser because of it's claim to reduce oils over time. I have not found this to be the case with this cleanser, and I've been using it for a few months now. I don't find it's the best at removing makeup either, but I always remove my makeup separately anyways. Sometimes this cleanser can actually dry out and irritate my skin. Overall, I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this stuff for everyday use. I have pretty oily skin so it's perfect to feel like I'm really clearing away all the dirt and oil without stripping my skin. Wish it was slightly less expensive, but you can't get everything you want!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this makes my oily skin feel super dry after washing and the sides of my nose always peels when i use it! ): and it is really hard to open and close the cap every time. definitely dont recommend it for people with dry skin

I love it! I've got combo skyn and this not dry my skin as others.
I feel that reduces my redness and calm muy skin. Its looks more matt and healthy!!!

I've been using this product for a couple of years now and it's been great at keeping my face clean, though sometimes it could get too clean? However, it did help to keep most pimples at bay. I like that this is soapless and made with good quality ingredients.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Best cleanser I have tried in a long time, my skin has improved a lot. The bottle lasts long, I have used this for about a month now and I have about 4/5 left. I use this and Avene cleanance mat toner, and the combination dries my skin a bit. But with a good moisturizer after, that's not a problem at all.