Avene Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

3.9

The ingredients for the new formula (post December 2014):The new: Avene Thermal Spring Water, (Avene Aqua), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate, Green 5 (CI61570), Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Yellow 5 (CI19140), Zinc Gluconate.The ingredients for the old formula: Avene Thermal Spring Water (Avene Aqua), Water, Decyl Glucoside, Polysorbate 20, Ceteareth-60 Myristyl Glycol, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Methyl Gluceth-20, Benzoic Acid, Cetrimonium Bromide, Cucurbita Pepo (pumpkin) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Green 5, Lactic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow 5, Zinc Gluconate

on 7/12/2015 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have used this cleanser for the last 3 years, and I always follow it with the Cleanance Emulsion Lotion. The combination of these 2 products have had AMAZING results for my cystic acne. I had tried everything, and spent a small fortune in my attempt to clear up my cystic acne! I will still get some breakouts now and then (apposed to always having some obnoxious looking lump on my face) but it has truly managed and controlled my breakouts to a small minimum. I have eczema so my skin is very sensitive, and these products were definitely a life saver! They might not be the best for someone with normal skin-but if you have super sensitive and acne prone skin (like I do) I DEFINITELY recommend trying these products!

on 6/25/2015 1:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have sensitive acne prone skin that even after a cycle of accutane gives me issues. It's combination, fickle, easy to sunburn and this cleanser has helped so much. I went from not wanting to wash my face because it hurt and irritated the acne, to washing it twice daily and loving the after feeling. My skin has cleared up (in large part to this) and the oil production (although ramped up from working in an office) is a little easier to control.

I'm so glad i've found a cleanser i look forward to using.

Only con is the packaging, it takes a bit of effort to close the lid and I have unsteady hands so it's been known to tip over and spill a bit if i'm not careful and don't close it.

on 6/13/2015 1:26:00 AM

I was interested in this because I have oily, acne prone skin (I always double cleanse, first using a m/u remover and second using a cleanser for acne prone skin, so I used this for the second step).

The bottle lasted me about three months with daily use. There was no scent and it was gentle on my skin.

This is not a bad product, but I would not repurchase because I prefer cleansers with more active ingredients.

on 5/15/2015 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was recommended to try this cleanser by the cosmetican at a Shoppers Drug Mart while I was looking for the Avene AC cleansing cream. I ended up buying this cleanser instead of the other one. I tried this cleanser for a year and I hada love hate relationship with this cleanser. I wanted to love it since I spent alot of money on it but it wasn't what I was looking for.

Pros:

- cleanser does not leave residue behind
- even after using it twice a day for a year, I still had half the bottle left over

Cons:

- expensive (there are brands out there that much cheaper and give the same results)
- hate the smell (it has a strong perfume smell)
- doesn't completely cleanse my face.

on 4/30/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I first started using this product when I was under treatment for a very bad dermatitis flare-up and the doctor prescribed it. That was years ago and I've been using it ever since, even after the formulation changed. I have tried other soap-free cleansers that I liked (Effaclar, Cetaphil, Clarins) but I keep coming back to this one as my HG cleanser. It's nothing otherworldly, really: it cleanses without making your skin feel tight or stripped off natural oils, it feels soothing, has a nice texture and lathers up nicely. You can get the same results with other cleansers, so it really is a matter of price, and trying similar products to find the one you like best. But I personally prefer this one to all the others, and will continue to use it for the foreseeable future.

on 4/13/2015 5:52:00 AM

I was looking forward to using this gel beacuse it has attracted my attention looking so appealing with its nice packaging and bright-blue colour. Anyway, this product did not meet my expectations and I am very disappointed. I would not recommend this product to anyone unless to someone having really very, very oily type of skin. While using this product I noticed my acne-prone sensitive skin being tight, almost itchy, dry and looking unhealthy. In addition, my acne (which was at the time I started using this cleansing gel almost non existing and my skin looked healthy, nice and blemish free except few blackheads) aggrevates and many new blemishes appeared even on the places where never have been before, or at least a long time before ( e.g. under my eyes and upper part of cheeks). I find this product rather ineffective in the fight against acne, actually it causes acne by irritating the skin, stripping the protective lipid film on the skin, and excessive drying. And at last but not least it is making my eyes be itchy and irritated. I give this product one lippie just due to its packaging which is easy to use and looks good on my shelf. I will definitely not buy this product primarily intended for sensitive skin again.

on 3/24/2015 2:25:00 PM

This is the first facial cleanser I've ever tried that doesn't make me want to just finish it to buy a different one. I feel like with a lot of cleansers, my skin seems to get accustomed to it and it's effects just fade with time. It is not the case with this Avene face wash. My skin always feel super clean and fresh, and it seems to really calm the redness and any pimple I might have. My skin quality just improved so much since I use this! I use this on my Clarisonic and I only need a few drops! I have the 300 ml bottle since the beginning of January (almost 3 months) and I'm 1/3 through it only, which is cost effective to me. I'll definitely keep using!

on 2/23/2015 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have sensitive oily skin (with very large pores on my nose, cheeks and chin, blackheads, etc.) that this cleanser dried out really bad. My nose and the corners of my mouth were always peeling, my lips were super chapped and my skin's overall appearance was really dry and unhealthy. I have no idea what might have caused that, but I'm never using Cleanance again. Even though this is supposedly for sensitive skins as well, I definitely don't recommend it if that is your skin type.

on 2/17/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It dries the skin and it's too fragranced! Definetely I will not buy it again.

on 2/13/2015 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I've been using this product for a year and really love it. it really cleanse your face without leaving it dried. Some people say that this is too drying but actually all you need to do is put a tiny for the whole face. It is no fragrance cleanse which I really like since I have sensitive skin.

I know, it's bit too pricey for a drugstore product but trust me a bottle will last more than a half years (I purchased it after 7 months). I wash my face 2-3 times daily (average).