April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cleanance soapless gel cleanser for oily skin

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Shubbing

This cleanser cleared up my acne almost instantly! I usually have pretty okay-ish skin with pimples once in a blue moon until adult acne found me last year. Was in a pretty terrible state even after visiting the dermatologist and prescribed with differin and doxycycline. My usual cleanser was Simple, didn't help much but didn't do harm either so I didn't consider changing it. My friend, however, insisted that I got this and I reluctantly got it even though it was nearly twice the cost of my Simple one. However, after using this for just one day, I noticed that my acne cleared up tremendously! And it has helped to keep it clear since then. Will definitely repurchase!

On a downside, it doesn't do much in terms of oil control or moisturization. On the first couple of days after using this, I noticed that my face became super super oily and only managed to get rid of it with a oil control sleeping mask. Also, I don't recommend using this all the time. I alternate my cleaning routine with this and just plain oats as I'm afraid this cleanser might be too drying and strong as well. You'll need a good moisturiser with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2014 6:56:00 AM More reviews by pratty01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Packaging: awesome. spill proof, hand bag friendly, clear bottle so you can see how much of it is left.

i have combination dehydrated skin prone to breakouts. which means the minute i put something meant for acne prone skin, my skin dies a little, seriously it dies into a dry, cracked, scaly, itchy mess. for the longest time i struggled with finding the right cleanser that will help with acne but not strip my face off all the moisture. i found the blue green bottle of joy!!!

Having said that, it is not going to leave your face plump and moist, honestly no foaming gel type cleanser ever has but it certainly doesnt cause my skin to "DIE'. obviously it does nothing to stop acne, but it shortens the life cycle of a pimple by half. it has a clean scent, not perfumy and does a good job of cleaning the skin of every bit of makeup there is, although i would recommend a balm or oil based pre cleanse to take makeup off before this gel cleanser, it has lactic acid which needs to work on the skin and not your foundation.

so if you've got similar skin type and not found success with any other cleanser, give this a shot, its not expensive and a no fuss product. i am on my second bottle and its taken me a really long time to finish up the first one (you get a lot of product). so unless if find a better cleanser or my skin quality/concern changes i will continue to use this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by hannah2346

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

What the?? I don't have sensitive skin, my skin is pretty much normal. But when I used this my skin burned so much that I had to wash it off straight away and then I looked in the mirror and omg!! My whole face had red splotches everywhere.. They were bright red! And my face felt really hot, disgusting and this cleanser didn't even clean my skin just irritated it and made it feel and look terrible!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by dvdgal

I used up one bottle and didn't like it to repurchase. My background - I travel by plane a lot and live in hotels about 70% of a year. In addition, I work in offices and stay in conference rooms during most of the day, where places that have no open windows. So I constantly stay in very dry rooms yet I have oily, acne-prone skin. This cleanser cleanses ok but I still need to use makeup remover combo with this otherwise I will have pimples. It is a bit drying to my skin. I think it will suit people who live in humid places and will sweat a lot, better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Piccolina87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall i'm looking for a better one. so far this is the best. I've been using, la roche, vichy, urigae, neutrogena, basis bar, purpose bar, cetaphil, african black soap, clinique, garnier blue label, afrodita aaand i think that's pretty much all. I didn't mean to leave a feedback but i've noticed that some reviews didn't state the products that were in their skincare routine so far. i think it's helpfull if i said first which products i've used so far.

i have oily skin, and some acne. this one isn't to mild and isn't to harsh. at night i use glycolic acid reviva 5%, and moisturizer, olay complete lotion by day and at night clinique ddf gel.
i have a code if you want to buy some good stuff at iherb for your first purchase you get 5% off. the code is PDQ558
cheers!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by MrsWesticles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for months, and it has made such a difference to my skin. It feels supple without feeling oily, and as it's a wash off cleanser is nice & quick to shower & get out the door in the morning!

I use the wipe off cleanser in the evening, and follow both with the thermal water spray. Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by raquelsimoes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have nothing but good things to say about this product, except just one little detail. Lets take a look at the general pros and cons.

PROS:
- So cheap
- Lasts a long time as you only need to use a tiny bit
- Amazing for oily or very oily skin (it really helps at reducing oil production!)
- I feel my skin is decently clean after I use this

CONS:
- Not such great packaging (I think a tube would be better)

I got this cleanser for my 14-year-old brother because he had been having some trouble with acne and really oily skin. However, I decided to try it on my own skin as my other cleanser (clinique's liquid facial soap) would soon need to be purchased again, but I didn't feel like it was all that amazing at reducing oil, it was just good. Besides, it was kind of expensive so it's nice to find an alternative. I was recommended this cleanser by some friends and I fell in love with it right at the first time I used it. The only thing I don't like about it is the packaging, but it really doesn't matter at all when you got a product this good.

Concluding, I highly recommend people with oily skin to try it: it's just perfect. This is a must-have!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Sindy93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for the last four months as a part of acne treatment (taking pills) with avene clean ac & cleanance k moisturizers ,i apply them every night and my skin feels amazing at morning! I think if i used it alone,it would dry out my skin.. so i recommend using this with a moisturizer and the results would be great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by mf93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG [morning] cleanser for 10 months now and I am still in love with it.
I will say though that the old formula was better, the new one feels more dry and I have dry/acne-prone skin so I have to moisturise more now which is annoying. Also the price went up. The most annoying thing about the new formula is that they have CHANGED THE EXPIRY DATE ON IT! It now only lasts 6 months rather than 12! And one bottle tends to last me more than 6 months....

On to the product:
It really does keep blemishes away and regulate oil production and is sulphate free which is why I bought it, because sulphates break me out horrendously and also dry out my skin.
I don't know if this would be good for removing makeup or not so I can't comment on that but it is great for the mornings. I can't use it twice a day or my skin gets too dry (with any type of gel cleanser) so I use lush ultrabland at night.

I don't know why this cleanser works so well but my skin was clearer almost immediately after using this! (About a week). I have now taken Accutane but this helps to maintain my clear skin. When I went away for a week and used a different cleanser I developed a couple of small spots so I would say that I am dependant on this now!

I literally recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by mushroomjr

I have been using it for more than 3 years, one of the best cleanser for my combo and acne skin. It's gentle and cleans well, leaving my skin soft and moisturized. I just hope the way the bottle opens can be changed.