NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Natural 810

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Sorbitan Isostearate, Isocetyl Stearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyethylene, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Unsaponifiables, Beeswax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) seed oil, Caprylic/Capri Triglyceride, Nylon-12, Octyldodecanol, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Hydrogenated, Coconut Oil, Tocopherol, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Propylparaben, Prolylene Carbonate.

I use this almost everyday, it is a perfect shade for me. It matches my natural lip colour flawlessly, and I use it to over line my lips for a fuller look since my lips are on the slimmer side. I wear it alone or under a lipstick such as NYX whipped caviar. The only downside is that it can leave your lips slightly dry and you have to go over it a couple of times to get the colour to show. Overall I would definitely repurchase this, I am a huge fan of matte, nude lips and this helps me achieve them.

on 2/1/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was a miss for me, but I am glad it works for others. I found that this pencil dragged across my lips and accentuated all this dryness when my lips looked like they were in a good supple condition before application. It gives off a really dry matte finish, even more so than other lip liners I have tried. Unfortunately, the shade did not look nice on me either; a dark mauve-ish shade on me which made me look rather dead. From reading the reviews here it sounds quite nice on others. It was very cheap though so no regrets! I think it just didn't work with my skin tone for some reason. I know some people don't have problems with dry lips so they may like this and the finish. It also seems to suit the majority of people here colour wise, whereas I do have a problem finding suitable shades for myself. I guess with a shade called 'natural' you usually can't go too wrong. If you are one of these people I envy you.

on 1/23/2015 5:32:00 AM

Just a fab natural lip liner when you want to do a lovely nude lip, good staying power, goes on smoothly. All round great product! xx

on 11/18/2014 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i've been using it for months now. i must say that this pencil is so great. it's easy to apply and goes on smooth. it definitely matches most of our natural lip color. i usually wear it alone and love its understated color and matte finish. i just make sure that my lips were exfoliated. it looks good too when you top it with clear gloss. usually i use my slightly plum color gloss and it looks great! i love it. i will definitely continue buying it.

on 1/2/2014 10:16:00 AM

I grabed this one and a Mauve pencil when I realized I had lost my ELF pencil and needed a quick subsitute. I love the NYX line and figured I would try it.

I've tried Natural with all my nudes and it is a true chameleon. It worked with my pink to my more carmel nudes. The pencil is a little thin and dryer than some other liners however I alway balm (wipe excess away) before I start lining and putting on lipstick and I found this helped some of the dryness. I also filled in my lips with this and it did add to the longevity of my lipstick. I could wear this alone but would need to either add balm on top or my Mojo Pixie gloss on top. I don't like it all by itself as a lip color.

I can't comment on packaging yet. It's a pencil so it will need to be sharpened. I will update when I have done that. My biggest complaint for most sharpen pencils is they have a tendancy to break and be very fragil after you've sharpend them. Because the product seems to shrink away from the wood pencil.

Overall right now it's a thumbs up and I would re-purchase again.

on 12/13/2013 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If I could give this a 10/10 I would! It's perfect for my naturally pigmented lips. I won't even use a lipstick with it.. I'll just wear this with a nude lipgloss.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

HG Lipliner

My former HG Lipliner was YSL Nude Beige #13.

This one matches my lips more precisely, has a smoother application, creamy texture, doesn't crease, and stays put. Blends with all my lipsticks.

on 11/5/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This lip liner is a neutral versatile colour. It goes with everything, clothes & lipsticks yet the texture is too hard to apply. I have to press hard & scribble backwards & forwards to get any real application & the little bit I do get has gone outside of my lip line because of all the effort required. I tried heating it with a lighter to soften the crayon & gave it a good sharpen yet I'm still having the same problem. I've now decided to throw it away. I'm disappointed, will never repurchase & do not recommend this lip liner to anybody.

on 8/27/2012 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I could support small countries with what I have spent on makeup in general, lip liners in particular. So many high end brands, with so much disappointment. I either look like I've eaten a chocolate ice cream and just wiped the center of my lips, or spent the day eating cotton candy: way too brown or too plummy pink.

NYX Natural is the perfect color....just a hair darker than my natural lips, and a consistency that is creamy enough without being another why bother? product. It really is true that for some less pricey brands, if you sift through and find the gems...it can feel like you won the lottery.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have finally found my HG lip liner pencil! My old HG is an automatic pencil in Dusty Pink by Mary Kay and this is a very very close dupe of if for waaay less money and whats best is that I can just walk into Ulta to buy it. Mary Kay reps are just plain scary to deal with. So I am just thrilled to find a new HG pencil. NC25 here and this color works well to define my lip line to use with a variety of peach to pink lipsticks. Lately I have been using it with my favorite Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. I am not a big fan of NYX just yet but the lip liner color formula is just perfect!

Popular Lip Liners