November 24, 2014 | 1059 users online

Lip Gloss - Smashbox - Silhouette

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2012 5:59:00 PM More reviews by larakillian

This was the first expensive lip gloss I ever treated myself to. I was in the Oslo airport killing time and got some samples from a nice salesperson - and couldn't walk away from this product and colour. Love the perfect colour, goes with absolutely everything, love the amount of glossiness, it's a little sticky but not nearly as much as some products! I am finally tossing the tube (so hard to let go of a favourite irreplaceable cosmetic even when you know it is past its best by date!) and wish I could get another one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

Like the reviewer before me, I also got Silhouette in a trio with 35MM and Desire. I thought I would like Silhouette the best, because I am a sucker for nudey lip glosses. But Silhouette gets knocked back a few lippies from me because of all the silver glitter. I really don't know what kind of people like having glitter all over their lips, and I wonder why so many cosmetic companies insist on putting chunky glitter particles in their lip glosses?! Yuck! Not to mention that it looks stupid!I don't want to look stupid, I just want to have pretty, shimmery lips with some color payoff- minus the glitter. I think without the addition of the glitter, Silhouette could have been one of my faves. But since I can't change that, I'd have to say this is just an average lipgloss that I never reach for; and, the next time I purge my make-up stash, this little baby's gettin' the boot. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2006 9:23:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in a trio of lipglosses (w/ Desire and 35MM). This was way too metallic, beige, glittery and frosty on me. But it's something different. I usually go for pink or peach lipglosses, and thought this might be a good neutral. The glitter stayed on my lips even after I wiped off the gloss. FYI - Desire is the same way - frosty, but slightly more wearable as I could see my natural lip color through it. 35MM is very nice though - a natural looking gloss that I would think would be flattering to most people. For reference, I am PPP, brown eyes and dark brown hair w/ blond highlights.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2006 6:20:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

SilhouettePretty is a shimmery champagne beige color with a silvery shimmery to it. Its basically frosty shimmer on the lips in a beige color. A little bland on its own, i prefer a nude gloss with more of a hint of pink or peach, but great over a darker lipstick. The gloss is very moisturizing and lasts a couple hours but it is sticky. Normally these retail for $14 and come in a tube with a wand applicator. No scent. Overall a nice product, i am just not crazy about the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2005 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Clare_3108

This is my favourite SB gloss! I love the colour suits my complexion perfectly, a gorgeous shimmery champagne/beige the consistency is perfect just shame they have now discontinued it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2004 7:13:00 PM More reviews by colnago

I was hesistant to try this shade at first. It appears a frosty beige in the tube and on the wand, but on my lips it has a bit more of a sparkly beige-y pink hue that's very pretty. I was afraid it might wash out my PPP skin, but it doesn't, especially when I wear something darker on my eyes to offset it.

The staying power is decent, but the texture can be a bit too sticky for my liking, and the flecks of glitter can stand out a little too much. It works better for evenings than daytime, and looks good over other lipsticks or lipglosses.