Essie Pink Diamond

4.2

on 1/27/2014 6:40:00 PM

This color is so perfect and girly, however you need to be REALLY careful when applying it because it is streaky and will take 3 or more coats. Honestly, the color is so beautiful, it's worth the extra coat!

on 1/21/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

this is one of my top 5 favorite nail polishes ever. I'm a huge essie fan and I've also tried every pink polish under the sun, there's something special about this one even though it looks like nothing special in the bottle.
-i love the consistency. not sticky, not too runny and dries fast like a dream.
-i always use a topcoat and i never have issues with chipping. i was at the gym and banged my finger on some weights, my finger hurt like hell but nothing chipped!
-the color doesnt look too special but it really is the perfect pink polish in my opinion. not too bright and its a true pink. doesnt have cool undertones, not really warm ones either, its just a true pink. i like to think of it as MAC's creme cup lipstick on polish form. i dont want to say its metallic but it has a great sheen to it.
-looks great on tan or pale gals.
-the price of essie is a bit high for a nail polish but the quality is there. this is one of the few polishes that i have repurchased more than once.

on 1/19/2014 6:57:00 AM

While this is nothing spectacular. For me its a must have shade. Its like a basic go to when you don't want to wear a trendy or more complicated polish. The fact that this is basic and simple is what makes it special enough for me to really like and want to keep around. I'm 48 and there is something nostalgic about this shade. While its not the full on frost that my Mom used to wear in the 70's it most definitely is reminiscent of that in a more modern way. Its clean and feminine looking. My go to easy to wear pink shade. I really love it and in this one Essie really nailed it. Pun intended. I see other frosty light pink shades...bit this one really fits the bill so well. Goes on well. Its sheer so you can do 3 coats if you want. Wears well as do all Essie polishes. Just a great innocent unassuming shade that is so pretty and fills a need in my polish collection. Essie really has an impressive array of nude and very light polishes. This is my go go easy least light shimmery pink. Love it!

on 1/12/2014 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Overall- good quality on this one, but quite different on my nails then I expected it to be. In the bottle it looks like a shiny, soft coloured pink. But when I applied coats and more coats to my nails it wasn't the same as what it looked like inside the bottle. It came out a pigment less frosted pink. Just not my taste. It looks a bit awkward on light tanned skin as well.

on 1/10/2014 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think the polish is high quality but I'm just not in love with the colour. In the bottle it looks really nice but wearing it, it's a little bit too pearl and it's looks a bit tacky.

on 8/1/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this from a friend. It is the usual high quality, long lasting formula of Essie polishes: nice shine, good consistency, quick drying, etc. I just don't like this color. It looks pretty on the bottle and I had high hopes for it being my perfect light pink. However, on my nails it looks frosted - so 80's! - and tacky. Not for me.

on 7/26/2013 3:43:00 AM

It is too pink for my fingers but I love it on my toes. A very pop pink for sure. Last for a long time on the toes, lol. For my hands I prefer a more soft, milky pink like the Essie `pop art pink`. Oh, and this one has an eggshell shine (like millions of tiny glitters and i am not a big fan of that, I prefer a solid `wet` shine). But again, cute on toes with summer sandals.

on 6/15/2013 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

GREAAAAAAT color. Need two coats because its just a TAD sheer. But its also a great color for work because its feminine and girly yet very pulled back and not flashy or distracting. It makes your nails look polished and neat.
However, I do have some problem with streaking if I'm not careful! would DEF repurchase

on 5/4/2013 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Very pretty pale frosty pink, love wearing this on my fingers. The color makes me feel like a princess. Definitely needs two coats, needs to be built up in thin layers. Get compliments on this all the time. Contasts against my warm skin tone.

on 4/13/2013 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product was amazing! I love Essie nail varnish and am so glad that it finally came to the UK! It is smooth and the wide brush makes it easy to apply. Dries in about 15 minutes (touch-dry) or 30 mins for perfectly dry.

The colour is lovely, a sugary pink and in the light, shines like a diamond! Hence the name, "Pink diamond". One coat gives you enough colour but two coats can be applied for extra WOW.

I wore it and my many friends complimented me. They said it was "So cute and stunning colour". It is an amazing purchase! In my opinion, quite costly, but worth it! Around 7.99

Popular Polishes