September 18, 2014 | 914 users online

Powder - Pola - Southern Call Multi Protect Two Way Cake

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by mesosexy

This was my first foundation and my most favorite!:) Too bad they discontinue this makeup and other skincare line from pola:(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

as much as i hate admitting that my mother is right, this foundation is amazing. AMAZING. the BEST foundation i have ever used, and ive tried many of them, from liquids to tinted moisturizers to mineral makeup. this compact offers a matte finish that does not look unnatural, superior lasting power, a great color match (light beige works very well for evening out my slightly ruddy, yellow-ish skin) and does not sweat off. there is no noticeable scent. i lightly apply this to my face and then use MAC blot power in dark medium to touch up throughout the day (not that i really need it -- seriously, the powder is THAT good). the only downside is the price ($49 USD), which is a lot for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by evtimovm

Brilliant coverage, stays put and provides a lovely flawless finish. For ladies that have an oily T-zone this is truly a godsend! Unlike many powders this doesn't give you that chalky finish and doesn't make your skin feel 'tight' and dry.
I am a total foundation junkie and like to mix up what I wear, but always get complements on how good my skin looks when I wear this. Definitely won't be without a refill of this in my makeup stash. (Only downside: color selection may not be wide enough to cater for some).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2005 2:56:00 AM More reviews by oopsa_daisies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When my friend first told me about this powder foundation I was not particularly interested, until I tried it, and I was pleasantly surprised. I don't normally use foundation, I hate the way I can feel it on my skin, but with Pola, I don't get that feeling. I have combo skin, dry in winter and oily in summer and in general an oily t-zone. this absorbs the extra oil, and any excess can always be powdered away. It can be applied as lightly or as caked on as you like. I thought this was quite expensive AUD$67 and the packaging is a little boring, however having said that, I'd rather it be boring than have to pay for packaging. In the compact there is a plastic covering over the cake that you need to lift up before you use it and a sponge to apply. Overall, I really really like this foundation and will definately purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Kikiyo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an absolutely awesome 2-way cake! I went to Tokyo to visit my family in August, when it's hot, humid and all. i applied the foundation dry and it stayed all day without smearing or disappearing. I was really amazed by the quality. I even used it on the beach, went swimming in salt water and the makeup stayed on. Simply amazing.

Note: the shade colors look much darker than they actually are.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2004 3:36:00 PM More reviews by saldal

I bought this for my wedding as it was the base the make up artist used and I was worried about doing touch ups on the day. I got married on a very humid day in QLD, Australia and it did not even move. I didn't have to touch up once. I have this in Light Ochre 73 which seems a little dark(yellowish) for winter but is perfect for the summer. I have only just started using a year later as it had been packed away with wedding stuff but i think this might be my HG as it just stays on so well and has SPF20.Cute compact case with cover over the powder so it doesn't spill or dry out. Refills available. $67AUD
UPDATE 23/11/2012 why oh why did pola discontinue this product. The replacement whitissimo is no where near as good a product. The colour is not as dark and the coverage is terrible. Why discontinue a good product?