Nivea Top, Base & Care Coat

*This is a review for the Nivea Sea Extracts Base&Top Shine*
This is the only top/basecoat I've ever tried, so I can't actually compare it with anything, but I have to say that it does a relatively nice job. It's shiny and it gives nails a healthy, polished look. The reason I gave it only 3 lippies is because I think the lasting-power could be improved. I generally see chipping after the second/third day, which isn't disastrous since it's clear and does no one will ever notice much, but it's still a bit of a disappointment. Also, it feels like it doesn't always protect my nails from pigmentation by my red nail polish as a base coat and lastly, I think the price is just a little on the high side for the results you get.

I've technically already repurchased this product because I wanted a separate base and top one (top one always gets contaminated by the colour polish somehow), but I wouldn't do it again, so I put no. I think I'll go for Koh or Herôme next time since they are more specialised in hands and nails.

on 2/11/2004 1:40:00 PM

This is the best product for taking care of nails. Your nails will shine endlessly. And cheap product!