July 23, 2014 | 2191 users online

Liquid - NARS - Gel Fraicheur

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2005 9:15:00 PM More reviews by ghost

Not a favorite of mine. This product is a gel formulation with powders suspended in it, so once the gel dries the powders are left behind leaving a sheer matte finish. Its definitely an interesting idea however, its very difficult to blend nicely and can look blotchy and cakey. If you do want to use this though please bear in mind that it DOES NOT work with NARS primer under it, however I find that mixing a drop of primer INTO the foundation when you apply it will help it blend easier and give you more drying time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2005 8:27:00 PM More reviews by shay2005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this, but nars is discontinuing this so I am trying to buy alot from sephora before they sale out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2005 2:36:00 AM More reviews by jamied

I really love the texture of those foundation! It is perfect for those w/ combo/oily skin. It does not make my face feel greasy at all and compare to other foundation I've tried this one doesn't make my face turn oily as fast. Also, it does not irritate my skin or break me out, too! However, the shade selection is so poor :( I have this is Monte Carlo and it is a bit too dark and it can make my face look peachy sometimes if I don't blend it carefully >_< Oh one more thing, eventhough I have combination skin, I still have to apply moisturizer before this foundation. I'm sure I will be wearing this the whole summer as I get lil darker!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2004 11:45:00 AM More reviews by rosycheek22

This is great for me in the summer. It is -more- than a tinted moisturizer, as it states on the bottle it is for light to medium coverage. And that is its strong point, it's great for layering. You can use a lot where you need it and a little where you only want to even things out. Alas, it does not work for my winter dry 30-yr old skin. If I try to use in winter, I have to blend with moisturizer (in addition to moisturizer already on my skin) or look like my skin is flaking off.

Alaska is great for my fair but ruddy skin. It is dense enough to cover the redness on the sides of my nose and on my chin but looks like nothing more than beatifully even skin. Also, one tube lasted for almost a year. Then again, I usually only use on t-zone and along jaw line. I will 2nd the comment about too much product coming out and drying in the cap, though this is acutally ok b/c it kind of thickens up and works even better on the red sides of my nose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2004 2:40:00 PM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

People really need to stop saying this is a tinted moisturizer. Its more than that. Its a sheer but matte foundation gel. I have good skin so if I wanted to use a liquid this would be perfect for me...long lasting, not cakey, ect but the lightest shade is way to dark for my PPP skin. Gel Fraicheurs shade range sucks. Alaska is probably okay for a darker LLL though. This is basically the reason I gave it such a low overall rating. Nars usualy has more color selection in their other foundations so why leave really light and really dark skintones out as far as this product goes?! I also did not like the packaging because for some reason mine always squeezes out and dries to a solid in the cap and its messy and gross looking. I would re-purchase IF Nars came out with more shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2004 8:58:00 PM More reviews by bett

I get lots of compliments when I wear this (I have it in Monte Carlo). My only complaint would be that there aren't a variety of shades and so if I am too light (winter) or too dark (summer) for this shade, the next shade over on each side won't do at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2004 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Viola65

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product but then I have pretty much perfect skin to the great annoyance of my mates. Its easy to apply with fingers or a brush. I do have to point out to more than one reviewer here IT IS NOT A TINTED MOISTURISER!!!!!!
I thought this at first but I was told at the NARS counter that it is a light weight gel and that I will still need to apply moisturiser. It is a great product and it does give good coverage but it is def not for people who has bad skin!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2004 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Tresha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is more like an ultra sheer matte complexion enhancer than a foundation. If you hate a heavy thick oily foundation, this is perfect for you. I'm so glad I did not swap this gel-cream foundation away. I got it in the winter, and the color Antilles was way too dark for my NC35 skintone. But now in the summer, I'm NC42, and this is perfect for my GGG complexion. I love the sanitary squeeze tube. It's great for traveling. It gives nice sheer to light coverage. I did not have a problem spreading it on with my fingers. It blended very easy over my moisturizer. However, if your skin is dry, I could see your skin sucking up this foundation, and making it hard to spread. It happen to me in the winter when I tried it the first time, and that was another reason why I did not like it. I'm so glad I gave it a second chance. I rec putting this on moisturized skin for easy blending. It blends like a dream that way. It's also completely light weight on the skin and doesn't get cakey at all. It's so nice and light for summer, or even if you want somthing light to even out your skintone, but not too much coverage. It looks good hours after I put it on, and still looks fresh after blotting. It did not slip off my oily skin, which surprised me. I can get really oily. It just enhanced my skin and made it look healthy. This is am ultra light weight foundation and does not act as a moisturizer. It doesn't give moisture at all. That's not a bad thing though! I'm combo-oily breakout prone, and this works well with my skin, but I prefer more coverage, so I use the NARS Oil-Free and Balanced foundations. For those of you who are blessed with great skin and no zits scars to hide, you can pull this off easy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2004 11:06:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've wanted a product like this for a long time--something with very light coverage and no moisturizer. I mostly just need a foundation to cancel out some of the redness in my cheeks. I can wear this on my cheeks alone, which is great in the summer, when foundation on my forehead, nose, and chin makes me sweat and melt. There are problems, though. I hoped it would sink into the skin a little better. Instead, it sits on the surface and looks a little chalky if you're not careful. And am I the only person to notice that this stuff stinks? The $30 price is high, but is offset by the fact that a little goes a long way. Think I might buy a bottle when my sample runs out, but then again, I might just see if I can thin out my regular foundation enough to be OK worn on cheeks only.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2004 4:31:00 AM More reviews by snysop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful foundation for me! Very light, easy to apply with sponge. Only uses it on cheeks and around nose, chin so this foundation lasts forever. :-) I use the color Alaska and it fits me perfectly. Will never stop using it!