August 2, 2014 | 1164 users online

Eye Shadow - Mary Kay - Eyesicles in Vanilla

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Cute tube and a nice product for an eyeshadow base - a true creamy beige white 'vanilla shade' with just a little bit of sheen and sparkle but not to OTT for use on the brow bone (I am a matte shadow fan for reference) definitely pricey for what it is and it does crease but works well under powder shadows - pick it up for cheap if you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by larochea1

Great on the go product. Small tube that you can pop into your purse. It doesn't melt off in the summer heat. It is super easy to apply and a small amount does the trick. It is expensive compared to drug store buys. I use this daily and love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by KaraStarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this as a present for christmas. i tried it one saturday afternoon and it was absolutely horrible! i squirted some on my finger, and tried to apply it to my eyelid. i had no problem with creasing or it taking long to dry. the problem was the color (hence the 1 star). it had absolutely no color, it was just a layer of sparkle on my eyelid (that did NOT come off with makeup remover, no matterhow much i tried). when i applied more to try to take away some of the sparkle, it just looked like i had a layer of chalk on my eyelid. i could not get it sheer enough to not look like chalk without it looking like little kid glitter. i just cannot figure this product out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 5:02:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shadow does crease a bit, but it gives a very nice sheer natural look to my lids. I don't pack on the e/s when I'm wearing this b/c it will start to look cakey and crease a lot. I keep it simple when I'm using this since I know it can't handle holding on to more than two e/s layered on top. I have the older formulation, the one with Signature on the tube. I'm not sure if I will buy this again. If I do, it will be on ebay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

I bought this eyeshadow to wear at my wedding (it looked pretty darn good, I must say), and I love the natural look. I wanted everything on my face that day to enhance my face, and not cover it up, and I got exactly what I wanted from this eyeshadow. It looks very natural, and just gives your eyes a little shimmery "pop" that sets you apart. I tend to wear this in the summer time though, since it's a much lighter cover than having to wear primer and then a powder shadow. My one complaint would be that, unless you put on a very thin layer, it does crease during a long day. I have not yet tried this with primer, but may in the future to see what happens. But, if you want a natural shimmer that's super easy to apply, buy some of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. This is something I intend to always have in my makeup kit. I use it as a base when I want to make my matte shadows more shimmery, I will use it as a brow highlighter and I will use it on my inner eyes to brighten them. There are so many uses for this. Excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2009 11:49:00 AM More reviews by megglundrigan

I've gone through a couple of tubes of the vanilla eyesicles as well as the island bronze, and I do like these products a lot.

The vanilla is a sheer pinkish/white color that I usually use for highlighting. It's really easy to apply - I squirt a small amount of product onto my forefinger and rub it together with my other forefinger to get an even amount of product for each eye. I then swipe on my eyelids and blend and it's that simple!

I do find I have trouble with this creasing on me...Even when I use a primer or an eyeshadow base, which is why I take off one star. Other than that, the price is pretty reasonable as one tube lasts for awhile and the packaging is sanitary! Would purchase again - a great eyecolor when you're on the go :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This makes a great primer and highlighter.
Applies easily with brush or finger, dries to a nice finish and makes a great base for powdered eyeshadow.
Doesn't really add any colour to your lids but has a nice pearl sheen which looks great along the brow bone.
I found this helped to keep my eyeshadow in place all day and there was no creasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by tnlfraz0820

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cream shadow was one of the worst I have tried. It creased horribly on my eyelids, even though I used only the tiniest dab possible. I had to apply several layers to see even the tiniest hint of shimmer, but each layer creased so....it wasn't really worth it! I tried this product with one of MK's new summer shadows on top, and the eyesicles did absolutely nothing to enhance the color or lasting power of the shadow. I'm glad I just tested this out at a MK party and did not actually purchase!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by ktu64

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Looks like a white/off white cream eyeshadow. This product is pearly, doesn't really show up as an eyeshadow though. Would work well as a base if it didn't crease so much though! You have to dry it with your eyes closed for a while before you can go back to blinking again, and you need to have a lot of control in order to put the right amount of product on your eyelid, or else it will crease like crazy.
The price is not too bad, (13.00 CAN) cheaper than clinique, but i would not purchase this (i got a demo).
Being in high school, i don't have a long time to get ready in the morning and i can't just stand around with my eyes closed for a few minutes. It is also not worth it since it can't really be used as a quick primer nor does it colour show up.
It is easy to apply, though, and it lasts long enough... The stuff that doesnt gather in the crease, anyways.
If you really want to try an eyesicle, i'd go with the bronze colour... this one is just not worth it for me.
2 lippies for the product lasting long enough, smooth product, tube for easy application. shame about the cons though...