December 17, 2014 | 1740 users online

Mascara - Isadora - Build-Up Cake Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2006 6:34:00 AM More reviews by annsofieh

What is it?

Cake mascara with an accompanying brush in a black plastic case with hinged lid.

How does it work for me?

Very well!!

One of my favorite mascaras and a very good d/s item for a reasonable price. Color is good and coverage can be built from very natural to va-va-voom lashes without clumping or fall-out.

A staple item that is always present as it doesn't go bad like regular mascara in a tube and can be kept for quite some time. Use clean water on the brush to get color from the cake, rinse out the brush after each use and let the cake dry between uses and you're good to go for a year or more.

Not an everyday item for me as it takes some time to get good coverage and color build-up, but definitely an item I use when I want full, yet soft and defined lashes.

Overall verdict:
A staple that I keep repurchasing time and again.

About me:

LLL/FFF (MAC NC25-30/VL Water Canvas Golden Beige)

Dark brown eyes

Pigmented lips

Moderately sensitive, atopic skin continued >>

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2006 2:01:00 PM More reviews by sindarine

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is absolutely one of my favourites. After switching to cake mascaras, I would never go back to the regulars.

First of all there are these "style" reasons, naturally. You feel like an American 40's actress with the stylish package with a mirror travelling in your handbag.

And the hygienic side. I like the fact that I can wash the application brush after every use. It's much easier to do than to regular mascara brushes. It doesen't even cost much, and the price comes back twice as it last noticeably longer than a regular one.

With some training you can very much affect the way your lashes will look. By adjusting the amount of water, how much color you rub on the brush etc. The same mascara will give you very natural and healthy looking lashes, or you can achieve easily the more dramatic look.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2004 4:42:00 AM More reviews by monik

The SA warned me about smearing, so I am a bit apprehensive about that. I have only tried it a couple of times yet, but I love this mascara! I had forgotten what it feels like to use a mascara that isn't old and dry. I love the tiny little brush that makes it so easy to coat all my lashes. I love the compact it comes in. I love being able to rinse the brush, it feels so hygienic. And of course, I love how it makes my lashes look. Unless the smearing is really awful (and I don't usually use waterproof mascaras) I will definitely buy this again. EDIT: I have been out in a fog, I have cried, I have partied all night - no mascara anywhere but my lashes!

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No