April 21, 2014 | 1816 users online

Lip Treatments - Paula's Choice - Lip Exfoliator

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 11:19:00 PM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm vastly prefer Philosophy's Kiss Me exfoliator over this. This is just alright. Not great, not horrible. Alright. Meh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really wish a new product entry had been created for this product (all products on MUA, actually) when it was reformulated. I can read old reviews, see gripes about it, and tell that what the reviewers were talking about doesn't apply to the product anymore. I find that this current formulation works quite well at exfoliating my lips. It also leaves them slightly moisturized (probably due to the shea butter), but I'd still recommend using a lip moisturizer afterward.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Paulabt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love to use this because it makes my lips so smooth and before I used this, I had chapped lips all of the time. I find it is necessary to use Paula's Choice Lip & Body Treatment Balm afterwards and that makes them perfect without a dry feeling. I use it at night before bed.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by bebemona

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works well, it needs to be used regularly every other day to see results as you would for a facial exfoliator. If you don't apply a good lip balm afterwards lips can get really dry but that's only because you are scrubbing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 7:06:00 PM More reviews by LizWords

I threw this in a PC order because it was half off and I needed a few more dollars to qualify for free shipping. I didn't even realize exactly what it was til i opened it up and realized it was too gritty to be a lip balm. So I used it as directed a couple nights in a row and was pretty impressed. It had never really occurred to me to truly exfoliate my lips, I used to just scrape off excess skin w/ my finger nails when needed This works so much better. It really did make a difference in my lips, my lipsticks and balms apply so much better now and look smoother and nicer. My only grip is the list price. I find 8$ for a tiny tube of this stuff a bit steep, but it was worth the 4$ I paid for it. I will repurchase when it's on sale again, but I expect my first tube to last quite a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by dpenn

I really like this product. I've always had a problem with peeling/flaking skin on my lips, and this seems to exfoliate without being overly harsh. I find I need to use a soft toothbrush to get it all off though. Otherwise, interesting product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2007 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mitulove

I'm not sure how to review this one, because on my lips it's not terribly effective. It works really well, however, on strange rough patches of skin that my kids will manage to get in odd places like behind the ears.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by aquamaniac

One of my Paula's Choice favorites. I use this with PC's Emollient Lip Balm in the winter & I love it.

The first time I tried it, I did overuse in one setting & my lips were sore. And it was the old formula, so it dried out before I used it up. But I'm having much better luck keeping the reformulated version (and I make sure to screw the lid tight as possible.)

The key for really chapped lips is not to exfoliate it ALL away in one night - it'll take a few days w/ a good moisturizing lip balm afterwards. But after 2 nights, my lips are back in shape.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2005 7:20:00 AM More reviews by LeighS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only PC product that I have tried and not liked. It just doesn't seem to do anything. I never use it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by clara_48047

this is pretty good for getting rid of my dry chapped lips in the winter, only if i use areally emollient lip balm afterwards. i use PC with the spf 15 and i love how my lips feel. i might rebuy this if it ever runs out (u get so much for how little u have to use!) i like it its just not a staple for my skin care. u have to be careful tho because if u used to much it can burn your lips and if u rub to hard your lips will bleed. but when i found the right amount to put on my lips it was nice.