Ulta Formativ Oil-free Eye Makeup Remover

1.9

on 6/10/2015 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this eye makeup remover! It gets a lot of my waterproof mascara off easily, but you do have to make sure not to get it into your eyes because it will sting a little

on 10/5/2014 10:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Worst ever! It BURNS SO BAD!! I have NEVER had a remover burn like this one. I will be returning it. For reference, Mary a kay is my HG.

on 4/9/2014 5:20:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This eye makeup remover from Ulta is not a bad product. I applied it to a cotton ball and after a couple of wipes, everything came off. No smell to the product, and no burning either. However, to me, Mary Kay has the best eye makeup remover. If I run out, I'll just use Vaseline until I can get some more.

on 8/7/2013 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I honestly don't know what the bad reviews are about. I got this as part of a bogo deal and am perfectly satisfied with it. I just soak some on my cotton pas, keep it there for a few seconds and wipe. I don't have to wiper over and over just one good swipe. I only take a point off b/c it's not very moisturizing, but I use a night lotion anyway so it doesn't really matter.

on 7/4/2012 3:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because I left my sephora m/u remover at a friends place in another city and while he was mailing it out to me I had to find something so I got this in desperation. Its awful. I am so upset that I even wasted my six dollars on this. I could have had two starbucks drinks or frozen yogurt times two in that much money. Anyways, to get to the point: the first night I used this I was like hm, its not that bad, wonder why the reviews are so bad. I mean, there are some good points:
-I like the wide top (lets me saturate the cotton pad)
-cheap (but you get what you pay for imho....)
-clear bottle so you can see how much is left
now to get to the meat of this review. The next night I used a little more because I had waterproof mascara on etc. OMG this STUNG like nobody's business. So bad. I had to literally keep my eyelids physically apart and wash out my eye with water to get this damn acid lye makeup remover out of my eye. My eyes arent even usually sensitive to makeup removers or eye creams when I accidentally get them in my eyes by mistake, but wow, this is SUPER BAD for sensitive eyes. To top it off, it took a TON of it to remove the mascara (benefit they're real for reference). I had mascara all over my cheeks and had to follow it up with my glycolic acid cleanser. Awful. Absolutely awful. I didnt dare use it a third night. I would highly not recommend. Seriously, I dont care how cheap of a makeup remover it is, ladies--our skin and eyes are so worth something better than this. Please do your face a favor and skip this one.

on 5/18/2012 6:39:00 AM

Crappy make up remover if you ask me. Almay has waaay better make up remover, and removal pads. Will never buy again!

on 3/11/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was running out of my Mary Kay eye make up remover and though I loved that and preferred it more, I was running out so I went and got this. When I first opened it, I noticed it left such a huge opening and whenever I would try to pour a little, a lot would pour out and make a liquidy mess. The packaging disappointed me. But I must say, it's good that it removes the heaviest things in one swipe. It does burn my eyes a little but as long as it gets junk off, I will continue to use this. So I'm stuck with this eye make up remover until then. I usually only use it when I make a mistake doing my eyes and need a quick swiping off.

on 2/7/2012 1:20:00 PM

This eye make up remover came in a make up set from Ulta that I was given as a birthday present. I normally don't use just plain eye make up removers, I usually use Pond's Cold Cream for all my make up removal (eyes & everything). Pond's is definitely the best, in my opinion. But anyways, this wasn't absoloutely terrible, but it wasn't the best either. If it gets in your eyes, it will burn. It didn't really get a chance to burn my eyes though, because I carefully put it only on my eyelashes & gently took my mascara & eyeliner off with a wet cotton pad. I didn't use this long enough to notice if there was an eye irritation problem associated with this or not, but I still wouldn't buy this on its own. I don't think any "eye make up removers" are that safe/gentle on the eye area, in general. I'll stick to my Pond's Cold Cream.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

not that great....stings a little, which is definitely the opposite of what I look for in an eye makeup remover....doesn't remove particularly well but it does the job.

on 3/20/2011 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

it didn't really remove my makeup. left some smudges.