October 22, 2014 | 1884 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Volumactive Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Hautelover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Mixed about this shampoo really.. Though def say that this is way better than the Conditioner in its range! Hair felt nice and smelt nice...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by mizcris66

So dissapointed with this shampoo. Like many other reviewers stated, my scalp was irritated by this product and I've never experienced so much static and flyaway hair!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by juicy70

Update: I wish I had waited longer before reviewing. This shampoo definitely makes my scalp irritated and itchy - I tried replacing it with Nioxin and L'Oreal Everstrong and the itch would go away completely as soon as I stopped using Bain Volumactive. Also with continued use of this shampoo my hair became limp as if there was buildup. I am totally bummed that such an expensive shampoo would hurt my scalp and would advise anyone that has a history of having a sensitive scalp to try a travel-size of this before committing to a full-size bottle. (On the other hand I really like the new Everstrong and will post a review in a couple of weeks)

Original review below.

I have fine, thin hair that is a bit past my shoulders. I purchased this shampoo from my stylist as part of the Volumactiv trio (shampoo, conditioner and styling spray) and I use the system together. Overall I like this shampoo; it keeps my hair soft while I am washing it and leaves my hair with lots of body and bounce that lasts. You only need a little bit of shampoo to get your hair clean. The only problem is that I find it leaves my scalp a bit itchy which is a bummer because I really like the texture it gives my hair. The itch does not last very long and it may also have been from the haircolor I got at the same time as I started using the Volumactive system. I will update regarding the itchiness in a few weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2013 4:38:00 PM More reviews by erinc30

I purchased this as I have very fine limp hair. It is a good shampoo in the way that it keeps my hair shiny and in good condition, but I don't think it gives a whole lot of volume. It can make your hair feel slightly dry too. I wasn't overly impressed with this product and when it is finished I am going to repurchase Bain Satin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought the wrong shampoo as my hair is very thick but I wanted a shampoo for damaged hair. My naturally black hair was lightened to a very light blonde but I have recently gone slightly darker as my hair was starting to have significant breakage. It is now so over processed and I can not bear to cut it off! I bought this and the treatment that comes in little 15ml tubes. I use the nutri-thermique mask as my conditioner. Well like I said I have thick, voluminous hair naturally so didn't need any help in that condition. It is hard to tell as I am using three new products, but I would say my hair had definitely improved in condition. It feels stronger and more resilient and it easier to brush, with less breakage, it has a nice shine too, I would buy again but will probably chose the one for normal/thick hair next time to try it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by nikta1983

For the negative reviews: I totally get what you guys are saying about your results (flyaways, not cleaning properly) because I've had that with OTHER shampoos. But this one I actually really liked. Maybe for the price it's not an actual miracle, but it does a really nice job of lifting the roots. I've never had the guts to buy this in a store because I was scared I may not like it. But I went to a spa called Euphora Salon & Medi Spa in Astoria, NY and the hair stylist used it on me as a sample (because they sell Kerastase products there). After the blow out, I wanted to cry simply because I've ALWAYS tried to get my hair to look like that..full of volume and bounce, but nothing ever worked. Either it was the hair stylist or the shampoo. I'm willing to bet it's both since I've never been so happy with the results at any other hair salon. But either way, the next time I get paid I'm definitely going to invest in a bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2012 9:46:00 AM More reviews by balbolka

I so much wanted to love this shampoo. I tried it several times and with the same result. My hair was clean with some volume, but nothing to rave about. Furthermore it made my hair really dry and I had so many flyaways! My hairdresser told me it is because it contains alcohol. It is not sulphate free shampoo so big NO NO for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by shortkneez

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been experimenting with many Kerastase products and this one is my favorite so far. It did not dry my hair out, but I always make sure and use a conditioner. I have noticed a significant difference in the texture and volume of my hair and have even received a few compliments. My hair is naturally fine and limp, but with this shampoo you would never guess. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a little bit of lift from a shampoo. Just make sure and use a conditioner with it. I alternately use It's a 10 & Kerastase Lait Vital.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by lovemelikealovesong

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have naturally curly hair, although ringlet curls. My hair is also blonde, and thus fine, but this really does make a difference. Because I sleep on the side, that part of hair is all matted and funny, but this makes both sides spring right back up. It doesn't weigh down my curls in the least, and it leaves them soft and silky. I wash my hair every 2-3 days, and that's perfect. I use both their conditioner and shampoo, and I love the result. Usually, shampoos and conditioners don't make a difference but this one does. It really helps bring out my natural curls. I'd buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Kidlike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I've been using this for almost a year and these are the results. please keep in mind that I have very thin hair but no other problems.

1. this product is perhaps too gentle on your hair and scalp, there is hardly any cleansing going on.

2. does not add any extra volume

3. when used from time to time rather then constantly adds a lovely and healthy shine to your hair.

4. you need to use something with a more cleansing effect at least one a week with this shampoo otherwise it causes build ups in the scalp (which I never had before with any other product!)

overall I would call this an occasions only shampoo and will not be re-purchasing. over here this costs around $40 and not really worth the money, the only reason I used it was because my cousin keeps bringing me some whenever she travels abroad =/