Alterna Life Curls Shape Activator

3.1

on 7/4/2011 7:26:00 PM

The best product I ever used! Defines curls for my fine wavy hair. I don`t even have to blow-dry it with the diffuser. Curls appear as soon as I put the product on my hair and squeeze hair a little bit. After my hair is dry, it looks and feels soft and natural

on 12/23/2010 9:54:00 PM

This stuff is really great. I don't have curly hair but it does have some natural wave to it. I cocktail this product with the Caviar texture cream and scrunch it in then difuse it with my blow dryer. I get really nice beachy textured waves that aren't crunchy or dry feeling. Both of these products contain a moisturizer so that is really great. The smell is awesome too. I will continue to purchase this product for when I want beachy waves.

on 7/19/2010 6:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

So I was in disbelief when I saw this was at 28% repurchase, I thought, 'no way-is this the same Curls Activator?' well these reviews are from 2007. NC Has the ingredients up from back then, they aren't even vaguely similar. Alterna has reformulated this since all the bad reviews happened. The old ingredients were cone/protein heavy, but now instead of dimethicone in the top ingreds. propylene glycol (moisuriser) and magnesium sulfate (curl enhancer) is. Yeah. Improvements. This is one of the best curl cremes I have ever used. It's a clearish creme, smells like sandalwood, I got perfect spirally frizz free curls. The best thing about this is it left my hair shiny and very light, No weigh done here. If you already have a lot of volume you might like something else better. But if you need curl formation and volume try this. It's similar to AG Recoil, but lighter.

on 5/18/2007 10:50:00 AM

Yet another blah curl product. No volume, hold, or more curl. Made my hair flat and a little frizzy. I'm considering returning it to the salon where I bought it. At this rate, it's just a dust-collector. Don't waste your money or time.

on 3/11/2007 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I have to agree that this did "nada"- nothing- on my naturally curly, fine, color treated hair. It is going back to ULTA-a real rip for the price!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff smells awesome, I have to totally disagree with the other reviewers! Altera is known for such an aromatic, quality product. And honestly this smells better than all of there hemp sham./cond. LIFE Curls has got to be my fav. Besides that, this specific product SMELLS SO GOOD. I always get compliments. The way I use it, which always works, is put it on after you wring out your hair and slightly towel dry the ends. A lil' goes along way...

on 9/18/2006 12:47:00 AM

Did a whole lot of nothing, particularly considering the high price. Didn't smell as good as some of Alterna's other products either.

on 8/23/2005 9:29:00 AM

I must say I was disappointed in this product. Did nothing for my curly hair. Gave me frizz, which I did not need! I would not buy again!

on 9/8/2004 2:48:00 AM

For how expensive this stuff is, i was really disappointed at how crunchy and frizzy this made my curls. I recommend the bumble and bumble curl cream for the go all out types ($25) or even the john frieda serum and perfect curls spray for those on a budget.

Not to totally negate the review below, but this may work if you have fine/thin hair. i would say i have medium/thick curls and this did nothing for me.

on 2/9/2004 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is quite pricey at $22, but given the fact that I usually have to use 2 products to get my curly hair into the shape I want it, I suppose I don't mind the price. It comes in a pump style metal bottle. I use 3 pumps for my hair type (fine/medium textured, length is just past shoulders when worn curly and almost to my bra strap when worn straight). The product is more like a serum/gel (thicker than a silicone product but not as thick as a gel product) than a cream and I wondered at first if it would provide enough hold for my hair (caveat: I do always use hairspray once my hair is about 80% dry). Well, it did! The Alterna Life Curls Shape Activator leaves my hair soft, frizz free and with full bouncy curls. It neither weighs my hair down or makes it poofy. I am really enjoying this product and will repurchase once I finish my current bottle.

Popular Styling Products