September 20, 2014 | 1778 users online

Lip Gloss - TheBalm - Plump Your Pucker in Cocoa my Coconut

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by eskimo24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG gloss!! I tried this gloss the first time when I was 16 and am still wearing it now ( I'm now 24!) the colour is phenomenal it's a nude pink that I get compliments on every time I wear it. The price at $20AUD is reasonable considering I've used a lot more expensive products that were awful. The packaging is great initially just a simple tube of gloss with a wand but toward the end trying to scrape the excess from the bottom becomes a bit annoying. As far as plumping I can't quite comment, I have full lips so I can feel the tingling sensation, which does NOT burn; but cannot see any change. All in all an amazing colour, a beautiful soft non-sticky texture and an amazing product.. I will certainly re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:47:00 AM More reviews by simplyxpliicit

I love the color of this lip gloss! it smells delicious, I didn't think I would like it because I don't like the smell of coconut in a lot of products but it also has a vanilla, chocolate scent to it. It is a beige natural nude color that suits with any smokey eye look or I use it to tone down my bold lipstick. It's not super pigmented but it gives a little color to the lip, but do not apply too much or else you look sick or dead. I use my NYX Sierra Matte Lipstick and then use lip gloss over it and it is such a nice color on my lips with my skin tone (I'm fair). I don't see any plumping effect but I could care less about that. I gave this a 4 only because I wish it was a little less than what it retails for and I wish the packaging was a squeeze tube only because I'm germ-a-phobic of using the applicator over and over. I can see myself purchasing this again in the future though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by sam23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was going to give this a 4 because I'm not one for lipgloss normally so I was hoping it would be like liquid lipstick but of course it's not. But in all fairness, it's not as if they say that's what it is, it's called a tinted lipgloss, so I have to give it props for what it is! It's a nice color, I love the natural look, it doesn't feel TOO thick on, it's pretty darn good for a lipgloss. and it was an awesome deal because I got it for about $20 in a kit with mary lou-manizer, a kabuki brush and nail polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2011 7:09:00 AM More reviews by finideasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love this lipgloss, I have really pigmented pink lips and this nudes them down perfectly!! I have tried many nude colors from mac, nars etc but this beats them hands down. I thought I would love Nars Striptease but this is so much better. Its a lovely polished beige nude that doesn't make you look washed out and ill! Its not at all sticky and doesnt burn like a lot of lip plumpers!Think Im gonna be getting a lot of use out of this one:) highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:42:00 AM More reviews by xoEMMAox

this is the first lip gloss i've bought that i was actually pleasantly surprised with. It smells really nice, which is a switch from lip products normal waxy gross smell. its a nice nude-ish pink colour, not shimmery at all. which i love, i hate when your lips look like a disco ball (for everyday wear..) I keep this thing in my purse and reapply about two or three times a day, one coats enough

The only thing i would say thats negative about this product is the fact that it brings out any dry flakeys on your lips so moisturize before, oh, and DONT get it in your mouth it tastes soooooooooooooooo bad and tingly lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 8:26:00 PM More reviews by DodgerDasher

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This smells like honey, chocolate, and coconut all mixed together. I wish the scent was stronger and lasted longer but eh, can't win em all. I love the color-a slightly matte nude. Very natural looking. I have to be careful not to put too much on though or it sinks into my lip lines and gives my lips an overall grayish dead appearance. Make sure your lips are moisturized before using this, b/c this stuff isn't the greatest in that department.The menthol kind of burns at first, it's strong. Luckily it fades. I like how it isn't sticky, no hair glued to my lips. I'd buy again for the scent, color, and non-stickiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by scabooter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty nudey pinky light brown and tastes like an Almond Joy. A nice thick consistency. On the lips it looks too similar to my skin color for my taste. I wish it popped a little bit more, but it feels lovely and is nice for summer and school days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

Oh I LOVE this l/g. It smells and tastes fabulous, and leaves my super-red lips a sexy, shiny, sheer nude color without being too heavy-looking or sticky- a feat when it comes to nude l/gs. I also love how it feels on- I wouldn't say it was super tingly, but slightly cooling. Very pleasant, love it, and want to buy all the other colors in this brand :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Milena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Cocoa my Coconut is a pale, pink-beige gloss with that smells like an Almond Joy. It's a plumping lipgloss with a cooling sensation on the lips rather than a swelling (like Lipfusion) or burning (like Duwop Lip Venom or Too Faced Lip Injection) one. I can see how this would be a fabulous nude on many women, but it looks too pale and greyish on my medium-tan skintone. I'm going to try layering this over other lipsticks and liner and see if I can make it work.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:34:00 PM More reviews by ancilla_morte

I really like TheBalm's plumping glosses. I decided to purchase Cocoa my Coconut because of the rave reviews.

It does smell AMAZING. So amazing that I want to eat it.
I put it on, and like all of theBalm's glosses, I got that nice cool tingle. Not overdone like other plumping glosses.

I did find the color to be WAY too nude for me. Or rather, it was too light for my lips. I don't have really dark lips or anything, which is why it surprised me.
Maybe it is supposed to be lighter than your natural lip color? I suppose it would look good when pairing it with dark smokey eyes, but I don't like having pale lips I guess.

I took off the gloss and tried again, putting my HG lipcolor, MAC lipliner in Subculture on first, filling in my lips with it.
Then I put Cocoa my Coconut on top. It looks MUCH better and way more natural.

I probably won't purchase it again because of the color, but I would definitely repurchase from TheBalm lip gloss line.