July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Cleansers - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Therapeutic Lavender Facial Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by starsdotu

This didn't work too well with my skin. It broke me out :( My face does feel really refresh and clean afterwards. Unfortunately my skin is just too sensitive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This face wash in my opinion is more for normal to oily skin, or acne skin. Its the only thing besides Oxy that has ever helped my acne and I love it...its just a tad too expensive. Overall I think currently I would pick it over Oxy just because my skin is alot drier than it was as a teenager.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by peggym

I was excited to try something natural and organic without SLS. So I headed to Wholefoods and decided to give this one a try because it said for sensitive skin and it was on sale too. Just after a couple washes, I noticed my skin felt dry and my cheeks were developing red dry patches. During the day my skin was peeling like never before especially around my mouth and chin areas. I now have to use it as a body wash and so far that is ok. I'm sticking with my Clearasil wash and it has reduced all the redness caused by this cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 4:52:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tried this when I was trying to use more 'natural' products and it was a big mistake. It stang my face and generally was not a good cleanser for my skin type. I'm wondering if I'm actually reactive to lavender, so it might not just be the cleansers fault. It was very drying and simply did not suit my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2011 7:51:00 PM More reviews by janacoke

I was really excited to get this- It has natural ingrentents, organic, and no parabens. As an added bonus it's suppose to be for sensitive skin. WRONG! I used this for 3 months and in that time, I broke out with whiteheads on my chin and checks. At first I thought it was my foundation (MUFE) . But once I switched to a plain old Cetephil anti-bac soap bar, my skin started to clear up. Since I have majorly sensitive skin and allergy issues, I think the natural ingredents were a little too natural for my hyper sensitive face.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Klervie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser on and off for about 6 years. I really really like it. The pump is great, the smell is great, the ingredients are great and i LOVE that it is not tested on animals. About a month ago I got a Clarisonic Mia and I use it with this Cleansing Gel and it is AMAZING! I will not ever switch from this product again.

I have heard that people are discouraged from using the Avalon Organics Lavender line because it feels as though it is burning your skin but that his just the lavender. Lavender is a antibacterial/antifungal just like Tea Tree Oil. And I assure you that the warm sensation does not last long and as you continue to use it it stops completely.

My face is clearer, softer (with help from my Clarisonic) and more even toned than ever! It stays beautiful and radiant ALL DAY!

For a all natural product I highly recommend this, will continue to buy it (along with the whole line, the enzyme exfoliator is excellent as well) and it is gentle enough to use everyday when ever you need to without all of the harsh and toxic chemicals other products use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Prissbella

This is a great cleanser for a great price. It smells lovely cleans really well and best of all is organic. I've used this on and off for many years and continue to purchase it. I use this in combo with jojoba oil and alternating works like a dream for me. I have sensitive break out prone skin. This does not break me out. I love using different skincare lines, but have found the less I do the better my skin is. This cleanser and a simple moisturizer keeps me clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by teanut

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive dry skin, and I was pleasantly surprised at how well this product was able to remove make-up and keep my face moisturized. Specifically, it did very well in removing my waterproof mascara. The lavender scent remained strong in the months I've been using it, and I liked the convenience of using the pump dispenser. **EDIT** I recently found a thick creamy concealer which provided good coverage, and it did not come off with this Facial Wash. Bumping this rating down to 3.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Nanders19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Aww I hate this soap! It made me break out in a rash all over my face, and neck! This soap gets a grade F!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kwiley

This product gave my oily/sensitive skin a very large rash that lasted for days. I loved the smell & really hoped it would work well for my skin! Too bad :(