January 26, 2015 | 1911 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2015 11:54:00 AM More reviews by stacyXOX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this one. I used it as a night moisturizer, and after the first couple of nights, I awoke with glowy, really soft skin. I actually really liked the smell and feel of this, even though it is a bit greasy.

The problems began after about a week of use. I started developing much more acne then I've ever had before. I hadn't change anything else in my routine, so I decided to take a break from it. About a month later, I gave it another try, hoping the breakout were simply a coincidence. Unfortunately, they weren't.

This might be a great choice for people with very dry skin who aren't prone to acne, but for me, it just didn't work. Also, the price is just not reasonable for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2015 10:17:00 PM More reviews by nq24

For the past year I've been using raw honey as my cleanser and moisturizer but I decided to try the Celestial moisturizer. LUSH markets itself as providing "natural" and "organic" ingredients, which is what drew me into the store. Upon using the moisturizer, my face felt so moisturized and was just glowing! I was so impressed. But it turned out to be too good to be true. I was so disappointed to find methylparaben, propylparaben (sp?) and triethanolamine in their "natural" ingredients. All of which are toxins. "According to OrganicConsumers.org, Triethanolamine can cause allergic reactions including eye problems, dryness of hair and skin, and could be toxic if absorbed into the body over a long period of time." This wouldn't have irked me so much if LUSH didn't promote their product as being natural and organic, it's deceiving.

PROS: Left face looking and feeling fresh, moisturized and glowing.
CONS: Parabens and toxins

Overall- The latest beauty trend now is all about organic and all natural ingredients. LUSH uses this trend and markets their products as being natural and organic, however this is just a facade. Despite my skin looking great upon using, I treat my skin like gold and will only use good and all natural ingredients. That said, I will not by this or any moisturizer from LUSH again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2015 4:45:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the most balancing moisturizer I've ever used. I was acne prone, combination, and sensitive. First month or two I started with a tiny fingerprint dab to get used to it, but now my face drinks up the moisture. Its as though my skin "trusts" me now, when before it would freak out with ANY moisturizer. I really think its the depency of nasty chemicals of mainstream products that caused my skin to mistrust anything good and natural. Celestial is the most basic recipe so its worth trying this for a month. Just the smallest amount!! Now that my skin is balanced, I can tollerate more masks and treatments.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/6/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by Leslie29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me start with the positives. Yes, this does moisturize and leaves your skin feeling soft. It does have an oily sheen, but that didn't bother me, as I only used it at night. It looks like a small bar of soap. The heat of your hands "melts" the serum, which you apply to your skin. I just kept mine in a small Tupperware container.

But holy smoke.... do not get this stuff in your eye. It burns like the devil. I had to leave a wide circle around my eyes, and wash my hands so I didn't accidentally rub my eye with it. That's a deal breaker for me. I want to use a moisturizing serum under my eyes, and on the back of my hands.

Sorry Lush... I wanted to love you.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Mamasilverside

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Early in the testing phase, but I may have found my HG moisturiser! It's fab as a primer too, my foundation has never went on so smoothly before - worth it for that reason alone, although it's far from the only reason I'm enjoying it so. Lovely scent, not too heavy and a tiny bit goes a long way. Only downside is packaging, and I see I'm not the only one to complain about that. Lush, give Celestial the pump bottle it deserves!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by dyjaee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good lord.. I REALLY love Lush products but this just broke me out SO badly everywhere. I never get cystic acne but this is giving me cystic acne... The associate said this would go great under makeup but just NO... I looked like a grease ball all day...
Just a big No for me.. However, I do love the gorgeous moisturizer so still loving Lush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by loraborealis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first received Lush's Celestial for my birthday about a month ago, I was surprised at how my container looked half empty and used because all the product was stuck all around the edges of the container. Lush, please do something about this container. It's just not a good design... Especially if anyone were to tote this moisturizer around in their handbag, gym bag, or on a trip. Those are just no-go's if you want to save every bit of product and not have it creeping out of the edges of the container.

Disastrous packaging aside, I am in love love love with this moisturizer!! At first I was using it in the morning but found my skin much too shiny for my liking. Started incorporating it into my nightly routine instead and oh it's so luxurious! It IS a tad on the greasy side for me (given I normally just use Cerave lotion), but a little patting it in with the palms helps the skin soak it right up. I personally really like the smell- adds to the fanchy-ness :)

Am totally planning on repurchasing when I run out. Love. It!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I was on the hunt for a new night moisturizer as my HG has now been discontinued. I love LUSH cleansers so thought I would give their moisturizers a go as well. I had tried Skin Drink as a sample but I just wasn't impressed enough to buy a full size. Went for Celestial instead as I was thinking I could maybe use it for a day cream as well when my day cream (also discontinued from same company) runs out. I really do like it as a night cream, it smells amazing, vanilla and cheesecakey, and I only need a small amount for my whole face. It takes about 10 minutes to sink in and it makes my skin nice and soft. It's a bit oily/creamy for day use but if I blot it before applying my makeup to take off any excess oil it's fine. But it is a good cream! Bit expensive for such a small pot, but as said up there, I only need a small amount. This along with the Ultrabland cleanser has made my skin look the best it ever has!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff was so awful and definitely NOT good for my sensitive skin. I used this for quite a few months before realizing that this product was not good for my skin. It never felt like it properly moisturized my skin, and I remember my skin would turn red upon application. Would never re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Slcatlow

Only thing that let's this down is the packaging. Wasting cream that constantly gets stuck around the lid. But the cream is luckily the best face cream I have used. It's gentle on my skin and doesn't break me out. Helps with combination skin and it makes it really smooth. Yes it's very rich and some people would prefer it just as a night cream..but using a small amount in the morning is great for me. Might not be the best if you want a matte look but I prefer a dewy glow.