August 21, 2014 | 978 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nature's Gate - Neroli Orange & Chocolate Mint Body Lotion with Ester-C

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by lorenlo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Been using this for about a week, so far I have no gripes because 1) it works reasonably well and 2) it's "organic", at least one of the best that I can find given my budget and 3) I can actually afford to continue using this. I'm actually not to keen on the smell but it's bearable and others actually think it smells nice, so fine by me. It absorbs well but if I apply too much then I'm left with some residue lying on top of my skin. After absorbing, my skin is noticeably softer and less dry (actually I spotted alcohol in the ingredients list, it doesn't make sense why it's there... I hope in the long run it doesn't have adverse effects on my skin). For me, I have been trying to find a cream which worked as well for me as Dove Intense Moisture, that worked like a dream, unfortunately it wasn't organic and I kind of ditched it because of that. Out of all the creams I've tried, this Neroli Orange and Chocolate Mint comes in second after Dove in terms of moisturising my skin and making it baby soft. I will continue using this because I can see that it works, a tad slowly, but surely and I'm done with searching for another lotion for now. A little gripe: my skin may be a tad sensitive to it, as I sometimes itch, but only in one or two small spots, after applying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I fell in love with this lotion at the first sniff. It reminds me to the Kona Caffee After Sun lotion of Alba Botanica I used in Hawaii, so that for me this smells like summer, sunshine, blue ocean. But, other than the Alba Botanica lotion, this one is far more moisturizing. It soaks into the skin and makes it wet, moist, soft and plump. For the colder season I mix a bit of pure wheat germ oil in it in order to make it even more nourishing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 6:11:00 PM More reviews by MerelyGod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found this lotion on clearance at the grocery store (of all places), for under $4. I grabbed a bottle because I needed lotion, liked the scent and the ingredients looked decent. After using it for a few days, my skin was so soft and smooth that I went back and bought the rest of the bottles.

I also have to comment on the scent, because I like that as much as I like the effect the lotion has on my skin. It's such a unique scent. It is definitely not foodie, as others have noted, but just a nice subtle refreshing scent. I don't find that the scent competes with my perfume, which I like, but at the same time, I wish it was a little stronger because I wouldn't mind just smelling like this all the time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2006 8:55:00 PM More reviews by superguard247

I just bought this product and I'm already in love- I can't stop smelling my skin! The orange and chocolate mint scents are not overpowering at all- pretty and subtle (but still so good!), which makes it hard to label this as a fruity or food-like kind of smell (I'm not a fan of those cookie/cake smells). It's not too heavy or greasy which I'm happy about since I can use this everyday. I am a lotion junky but this one is quickly becoming one of my top picks. I would definitely buy this again and again, plus more nature's gate products as I am pretty impressed by their scents.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2006 7:11:00 PM More reviews by bettythepug

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not crazy about the scent; I seem to be in the minority. I don't hate it. The scent is light so it won't interfere with perfume. I picked it up for $6.39 (USD) at the local grocery store. It's a great buy. It leaves my skin soft but not greasy. It sinks in immediately so you can get dressed right away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Ash50

This is one of my very favorite body lotions. It smells fresh and light with definite notes of chocolate and orange. It is very reasonably priced and a great light moisturizer that blends well into the body. I will always have this around.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rbrewer

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing scent - the orange, chocolate and mint meld into a lovely, light, refreshing blend that's not too foody or sweet and surprisingly complex. It sinks right in with no greasiness or residue at all and leaves my skin soft and satiny. Great price, too ($8) - I will definitely pick this up again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2004 9:58:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE the light scent! The formula is nice and moisturizing while being light. I also love the Lemongrass & Clary Sage Body Lotion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2004 8:31:00 PM More reviews by thursday

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Creamy but not sticky, this lotion moisturizes well without leaving a greasy film. The fragrance is delicious and layers well with vanilla or almond scents. A good standby, and quite affordable. Nature's Gate Organics is a good body and hair care line - I've used products from them on and off over the past 3 years, and have never had an allergic reaction, and have always had pleasant results.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2004 9:05:00 PM More reviews by amy813

My HG body moisturizer! Smells yummy, moisturizes exceptionally, and contains vitamin C, which brightens up my skintone. My only gripe is that the last 15% of the product gets stuck in the bottom, as this is a pump container. But the lotion is so wonderful, I continue to use it anyway, and pound that last aount of product onto my palm for intense moisturization!