NARS Mata Hari

4.5

on 5/16/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

It's a beautiful blush, the application is amazing, but like a few other reviewers, this color changes on me. I don't care for shimmer at all, so I tried this one since it's one of the few cool colors from Nars without shimmer. As I swiped it across my cheeks, I couldn't believe how translucent it looked and how easy it was to blend, but that's where it ended for me. It was not the pink that everyone describes, but an orange-y brown, and not attractive on my neutral skin tone. Pity...it's beautiful in the pan, but it appears that Nars and I are just not meant to be.

on 2/3/2015 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wear this blush almost every day. Even though my skin is so white it practically glows in the dark, and I work long shifts on my feet and often sweating, this blush goes on like a dream, looks completely natural, and stays put all day. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way, and I've barely made a dent in the pan I've had for almost a year. The packaging is great too--I carry my makeup with me in my purse, and while many makeup pans crack or break with all that wear and tear, I don't have to worry about NARS blush.

on 9/19/2014 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This blush is gorgeous. It looks crazy bright in the pan, and it actually is. Apply with a light hand! For lighter skin you would have to be quite careful. For this reason though, it lasts forever.

Pigmented, good lasting power and it really brightens up your face. It does irritate my skin if I wear it daily, so I use it on days when I'm looking extra tired.

on 7/25/2014 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

This blush is really pigmented and comes in a pretty unique color. I have to say I like angelika and orgasm a bit better, but this one is nice as well. Too much and it can look a bit clown ish.

Close call between this and orgasm. This is a bit more pigmented, I love it just as much!

I am about nc25-30 and this blush looks amazing. I usually don't like wearing blushes but this one looks really natural. I use just a little bit to give myself a flush and it looks perfect and brightens up my face. I would recommend to any light to medium skin color gals.

on 5/17/2014 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have about NC20 skin for reference. I really like this blush, I think it's a great colour for me and has one of the best staying powers of any blush I own (chanel cream blush, mac powder blushes, drugstore blushes) I worked from 11 am to 10:30 pm (waitressing) and I could still see the colour (albeit slightly faded around the edges) by the time I went to shower. It's also so pigmented which I love. I just tap my brush in pan then tap onto my face. Swirling would use too much product. I think if this colour looks good on you it's definitely worth the investment.

on 5/8/2014 7:18:00 AM

This color surprised me in more than one way-good and bad. I am MAC NW20, winter, almost black hair, brown eyes w/natural pinkiness to my cheeks. Mata Hari is a deep, bright intense raspberry in the pan. But when applied properly drops down to a soft pink flush. I also think this shade would be great on darker skin tones. And even though many shades turn ruddy or orange on me, this was still pink/flushed looking. So why only 3 lippies? Here are my reasons:
1) Once this shade settled on my face, it just kind of sat t here and didn't do much for my look. Even the sales rep was like, "the color is pretty, but it just isn't "wow"...it's just not making you pop like a good blush should." And while it wasn't ruddy, it did give me a bit of slapped cheek look.

2) My skin has a tendency to pull the warm out of any color. By time it got done with Mata Hari, it came off as a warm pink. I had the same issues with shades like Pink Swoon (yellow pink) where as I can wear cooler pinks like MAC Well Dressed.

3) It went on patchy and was a bit hard to blend. As Temptalia said, it does take some work to blend well. And on me, it would get stuck on certain part of my cheek and take quit a bit of work to blend it right.

4) It clashed with just about every lipstick I owned. That ties in with the not sitting well on my skin thing.

5) And finally, it looked best with no other make up on and bare lips because no matter how soft it applied, it just ended up looking a bit splotchy & rosacea looking. My husband even asked if I was ok.

So I don't hate this color, but I don't like it on me and my skin. (Hence the the 3 lippies.) I think on warmer, darker & more even skin tones this would be lovely. Especially if you have the patience to blend. But it bascially just complicated my routine instead of harmoninzing it like a good blush should.

on 2/19/2014 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Incredibly intimidating in the pan, and demanding of a light hand, but Mata Hari, not Orgasm, duplicates the natural high flush of my very pale, cool/neutral skin.

on 1/12/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love Nars blushes! I recently got Mata Hari to add to my collection of Nars blushes. It is a matte, rosy pink color. It's a little darker than Desire, Gaiety, and Angelika, but really pretty none the less. It blends easy, is really pigmented, and stays on all day. You don't need very much product, so it will last you a really long time.

Video Reviews & Tutorials