October 24, 2014 | 934 users online

Blush - NARS - Mata Hari

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by hberlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is gorgeous. It looks crazy bright in the pan, and it actually is. Apply with a light hand! For lighter skin you would have to be quite careful. For this reason though, it lasts forever.

Pigmented, good lasting power and it really brightens up your face. It does irritate my skin if I wear it daily, so I use it on days when I'm looking extra tired.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This blush is really pigmented and comes in a pretty unique color. I have to say I like angelika and orgasm a bit better, but this one is nice as well. Too much and it can look a bit clown ish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Close call between this and orgasm. This is a bit more pigmented, I love it just as much!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2014 2:26:00 AM More reviews by coffeeprincess709

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am about nc25-30 and this blush looks amazing. I usually don't like wearing blushes but this one looks really natural. I use just a little bit to give myself a flush and it looks perfect and brightens up my face. I would recommend to any light to medium skin color gals.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have about NC20 skin for reference. I really like this blush, I think it's a great colour for me and has one of the best staying powers of any blush I own (chanel cream blush, mac powder blushes, drugstore blushes) I worked from 11 am to 10:30 pm (waitressing) and I could still see the colour (albeit slightly faded around the edges) by the time I went to shower. It's also so pigmented which I love. I just tap my brush in pan then tap onto my face. Swirling would use too much product. I think if this colour looks good on you it's definitely worth the investment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This color surprised me in more than one way-good and bad. I am MAC NW20, winter, almost black hair, brown eyes w/natural pinkiness to my cheeks. Mata Hari is a deep, bright intense raspberry in the pan. But when applied properly drops down to a soft pink flush. I also think this shade would be great on darker skin tones. And even though many shades turn ruddy or orange on me, this was still pink/flushed looking. So why only 3 lippies? Here are my reasons:
1) Once this shade settled on my face, it just kind of sat t here and didn't do much for my look. Even the sales rep was like, "the color is pretty, but it just isn't "wow"...it's just not making you pop like a good blush should." And while it wasn't ruddy, it did give me a bit of slapped cheek look.

2) My skin has a tendency to pull the warm out of any color. By time it got done with Mata Hari, it came off as a warm pink. I had the same issues with shades like Pink Swoon (yellow pink) where as I can wear cooler pinks like MAC Well Dressed.

3) It went on patchy and was a bit hard to blend. As Temptalia said, it does take some work to blend well. And on me, it would get stuck on certain part of my cheek and take quit a bit of work to blend it right.

4) It clashed with just about every lipstick I owned. That ties in with the not sitting well on my skin thing.

5) And finally, it looked best with no other make up on and bare lips because no matter how soft it applied, it just ended up looking a bit splotchy & rosacea looking. My husband even asked if I was ok.

So I don't hate this color, but I don't like it on me and my skin. (Hence the the 3 lippies.) I think on warmer, darker & more even skin tones this would be lovely. Especially if you have the patience to blend. But it bascially just complicated my routine instead of harmoninzing it like a good blush should.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by zygotica16

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Incredibly intimidating in the pan, and demanding of a light hand, but Mata Hari, not Orgasm, duplicates the natural high flush of my very pale, cool/neutral skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Nars blushes! I recently got Mata Hari to add to my collection of Nars blushes. It is a matte, rosy pink color. It's a little darker than Desire, Gaiety, and Angelika, but really pretty none the less. It blends easy, is really pigmented, and stays on all day. You don't need very much product, so it will last you a really long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I was scared by this nars blush at first, but I'm so glad I bought it. It's the perfect pink/ plum colour for the winter time :) it goes on smoothly, without any shimmer or glitter.
I have to be a little but light handed with this colour or else it goes on too dark.
If you have to buy one plum coloured nars blush, this would be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by xxjinxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I first saw this blush in the pan, I thought the color would be way too intense and bright for me, as I usually gravitate towards more peachy/pale pink/coral blushes. However, when applied with a light hand, this color is awesome! It gives just the right amount of flush, yet it's buildable if you want something a little more dramatic. A little goes a long way -- this blush is extremely pigmented so you want to be careful not to overdo it....or you could risk looking like a clown. The staying power is crazy good too! I would definitely recommend!