September 22, 2014 | 1895 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Biolage - Detangling Solution

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 5:08:00 AM More reviews by heavenlyxox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product works quite well with my fine hair. Doesn't detangle very well for me, despite the name, but gives adequate moisture and alot of shine and no greasy residue!
When I first used this I hated it TIP: works best for me applied to soaking wet hair (not squeezed out)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Matrix Biolage Detangling Solution used to be HG for me (& I consider very few products truly HG) and then they changed the formula a few years ago. It's still a good product but if you used the original formulation, you'd know that it used to be a great product. My sentiments are not unique- go to the Matrix website & you'll see 100+ scathing reviews from other, longtime users of the old formulation, most of them begging Matrix to bring back the original, "blue bottle" version.

It still offers light conditioning that doesn't weigh down my hair but I find that it now has too much of a greasy, silicone feel. Worst part is the new formulation breaks me out (probably all of those silicones). I don't mean that it causes pimples on my face, but rather that I now have an acne issue on my neck, behind my ears and along my hairline. I've tried using the tiniest amount and rinsing for 2-3 minutes and after that, re-washing my face, neck, behind my ears & my back w/ soap to clean away whatever it is that is breaking me out but I still find that I have pimples popping up.

I have been unable to find anything that compares to the original formula. If anyone knows of a similar product that performs as well as the original, "blue bottle" Detangler, please let me know!!!

Glad to see that the new formula is working for some though. I'm a big Matrix Biolage fan and continue to use many of their other products but, sadly, my days of using an HG version of the Detangling Solution are over...unless...Matrix decides to re-re-formulate it & bring back the original. Are you listening Matrix?

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really like this. I bought after reading the reviews here. I deliberated when I read that it was a light conditioner as I always believed my frizzy hair needed deeper conditioning. But I also don't like my hair to get limp from too heavy conditioners. This does the job perfectly. My hair still has body and I wouldn't say no frizz, but definitely a whole lot less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm very happy with this conditioner, and I think it's one of the best I've ever used. I've used it for a couple weeks to see whether it weighs down or gunks up my fine, long hair, but it's still doing a great job.

My hair is fine, but wavy/curly and halfway down my back, and it gets greasy easily if I use heavy shampoos or conditioners because I live in humid Texas. So it's hard to find something to tame frizz and roughness on my hair without gunking and flattening it.

This conditioner is concentrated, but not heavy. I use a pea-sized amount, and apply it to all my hair, even near my forehead. This small amount conditions all my hair, and it rinses cleanly and leaves my hair smooth. The soft smell and light blue color are nice, too.

I've been blowdrying my hair recently, and normally, I'd have some frizzy and uneven patches, flyaways, stray weird curliness, or my hair would get very limp and flat, depending on the products I'd used. Now, with volumizing shampoo (Nexxus), this conditioner, and Aveda Brilliant Damage Control Spray, my hair is soft, smooth, and light all day long. These results have been consistent for a couple weeks, despite the heat and humidity.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Elektro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because my hair is fairly long and tends to get tangled at the nape of my neck and throughout the day during work. Been using it for about 3 weeks. I love the feel of this conditioner in the shower, it makes my hair have that slippery/soft feeling. When I get out of the shower and brush my hair, it is almost as tangled as with regular conditioner. I'm on the fence about this product, it doesn't seem that much different than a good conditioner like Redken All Soft, but it does seem to keep my hair from knotting as badly througout the day. I would consider repurchasing, maybe.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by teaggybear

Let me just say, I created an account just to review this product. I have long, medium-thick hair that gets ridiculously dry. Literally every shampoo and conditioner I have bought have either dried out my hair or just did nothing for it. But I recently bought the Matrix Biolage ULTRA hydrating shampoo and the Detangling solution (obviously) and wow, my hair has never been so soft! The thing that I love about this product is that a little goes a long way. I try to focus on my ends and work up (because sometimes if I put to much near my scalp it can make my hair greasy) and it detangles my hair, makes it soft and my hair feels really healthy!
I Highly recommend this if you struggle with dry hair!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 4:39:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this conditioner! I have super fine, thin and oily hair and I have tried several conditioners and shampoos. This one is definitely the best one.
I use this conditioner daily with either AG Toning Shampoo or Matrix Biolage Normalizing Shampoo.

Pros:
- Conditions extremely well - I can run my fingers through my usually tangly hair after I wash it!
- Doesn't leave hair feeling like there is product left in it
- Doesn't weigh down my thin, fine hair
- Doesn't leave my hair looking greasy

Cons:
- I go through this quickly so I am always looking for larger bottles
- Can be difficult to find and I usually have to go to the salon supply store to get larger bottles of this

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

Hair: fine, shoulder length, letting color grow out.
This conditioner is awesome! It's super light weight so it doesn't leave hair heavy. My hair is bouncy and light with no frizzies! I use a quarter size amount on my ends and work my way up to the roots. I leave on for 1 min then rinse in cool water. I can run a comb through my hair while wet with very little tangles. And even though I apply it to my roots it doesnt leave my scalp greasy! I think it gives the perfect amount of moisture to my hair but if I notice the ends getting a little dry I'll use Pureology hydrating conditioner mixed with this stuff. The one bad thing I notices was at the end of the day the ends of my hair look a little dull and not so shiny. I pair this conditioner with biolage color care shampoo and a couple pumps of matrix exquisit oil before I blow dry. My hair looks amazing!!!! The combination of all 3 products gives my hair a natural shine and a nice tone to the color. My hair looks soft and bouncy all day!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by ybabe

This is amazing stuff! I have fine, curly hair prone to frizziness. I use a fair bit of product to help reduce the frizz and enhance the curls and my hair gets very tangled, especially after two or three days. This is hands down the best detangler I have ever used, the tangles almost fall out by themselves! Doesn't weigh my hair down like some other conditioners either. Total rave from me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by cutelildeadbear

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This review is for the new formula Hydrathérapie Detangling Solution. It is amazing. I have course, dry and frizzy hair though so I was really surprised that this worked for me at all. I didn't think that it would but I bought it on a whim. It works better than the Ultra Hydrating Balm, which makes no sense to me, but it does. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all and it leaves it silky smooth. I will continue to buy this product. It isn't quite HG for me, but it is a close second. I like that it is pretty light for when I don't want a heavy conditioner. But I would suggest people with dry hair to give it a shot too, because my hair is dry and color-treated and it still works for me. My HG is Pureology Hydrate if that gives you and idea of what I typically use.