November 23, 2014 | 1905 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2014 3:15:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

The only thing that seems to work on a stubborn patch of eczema on the back of my hand. I dislike the smell and the feeling when I get this one my face by accident. Also it's pricey, but I'm willing to fork over the money as long as it continues to work.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:07:00 AM More reviews by SaberH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hands dry out very badly in cold weather. When I was a kid, they actually used to crack and bleed in winter! Nowadays they just get very dry but this hand salve works really well at keeping them soft and smooth. It's quite expensive for the amount you get, but it's something that actually works so I don't mind the cost.

The packaging is the worst aspect of this salve, which is very rich and when you try to get the last little bit out it's pretty much impossible. You'll have to cut it open and keep it in a ziploc bag so it doesn't dry out to get the most out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by xxchinadoll

This is the only product that will keep my hands moisturized for a long period of time during the winter. It forms a 'glove-like' barrier around your hands which doesn't feel heavy. I'm not too keen on the scent but I will keep repurchasing this product since it's the only thing that works!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Tit4Tat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG status for the mere fact that VERY little goes a long way, it absorbs quickly, leaving a nice powdery finish some MUAers cleverly refer to as a "veil". Perfect description. The cream is of nice thick consistency, I believe they changed the formula because the tube my bestie has is filled with yellowish cream with thicker consistency and the one I picked up today is white and not as thick. The finish feels the same and those of you with a touch screen phone will appreciate this salve for how quickly it absorbs into your skin. The price is obnoxious, $18 CAD for 75 ml ($0.24/ml) and $28 for 150 ml ($0.18/ml) so if anyone knows of a salve that moisturizes as thoroughly and has the same finish as Kiehl's, let me know, although I am more than happy paying $30 for something I know works well. Even the 75 ml tube will last you for quite some time because this salve keeps your hands moisturized even after you wash them so it's ideal for those in healthcare and food industry. If you constantly lose your gloves, this salve will save your hands even during worst Canadian winters. It practically eliminated the need to cut my cuticles and if I absentmindedly touch my face, it doesn't cause break outs. Works wonders on rough elbow and knee areas as well as cracked heels. Apply, put on a pair of socks and wake up to way better feet than the night before. Originally, I took a lippie off for the price tag, however this cream eliminates the need for $12 paraffin treatments so technically it deserves 5/5.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by strangelove_addiction

Am I the only one who didn't like this? I work a desk job and don't have particularly dry hands, but the eucalyptus/menthol (or whatever ingredient that gives it the medicinal smell) made me feel like my hands were on fire. This made my skin burn and itch like crazy. I had to wash it off right away, so can't comment on whether it's moisturizing. Would not recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

The #1 reason why I like this hand cream is because it's unscented. It sounds weird, but if you work in an office with smell-sensitive male colleagues than this is the best! They won't frown upon you, or sneeze, no matter how liberally or frequently you apply this hand salve. It's non-greasy and I do feel that it creates a veil of protection like its description suggests. The down side of this "veil" is that I don't feel that it sinks in or moisturizes as well as others. It does a decent job, but not the best. I prefer Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardner's Therapy - even though it has a very strong scent, it sinks in like a dream and this is what I prefer in a hand cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Flurby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My HG hand cream. I have very dry hands, and as I hang out at hospitals a lot, I wash my hands a lot, which doesn't really help with the dryness. Normal hand creams are just not enough, but this changed the texture of my skin over night. Unfortunately I cannot find it in any store here (Norway), nor online from a trusted seller, so I very rarely get to buy it . And it is crazy expensive for so little product, which is why I would continue my search for an equally good cream even if I could find this in a store nearby. But if you are okay with the price and you find no other hand cream is moisturizing enough for you, I would definitely recommend this. Oh, and I love that it doesn't have a strong scent, which means I feel comfortable using it when I am flying, which is when I need it the most, really.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by eyesarahclops

this stuff works

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by michele71976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

works well so far

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I quite like this hand cream. It does a great job on dry hands and little amount goes a long way. I don't mind the scent, it's different from my usual rose/ lavender scent hand cream.

It's easily absorb with no greasy film. I always keep a travel size (30ml) in my handbag.