MAC Hyper Real - Violet FX

on 8/11/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I just found a bottle of this under my sink!! I packed a bag of makeup and put this in it and forgot???? Well, I'm in love all over again. The smallest amount really in the most subtle of area's is truly a big bang for your buck. The perfect highlight to my olive NC30 skin.

I've tried many of the MAC's foundations and was looking for something to give me a subtle glow. It definitely does give you a glow but a tad much for myself. My skin is on the combination side so I found this to be a tad too shiny. This could be ideal for someone with drier skin.

on 8/12/2006 12:54:00 AM

I got this onsale at CCO so I paid even less for it. I like it over my blush and on the bridge of my nose and chin. It looks really pretty. Don't apply over power. You can apply a translucent powder afterwards without diminishing the effect. But don't apply over powder, looks funny. Would definitely buy again, but I have a feeling it will be harder and harder to find.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful gorgeous product that truly is like anything else on the market. I love to put this as a wash on my chest in the summer. I bought 2 bottles of this since it's LE, but I don't think I'll ever use that much...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Violet FX is very beautiful, and very unique. I really like to highlight with this straight out of the bottle, though it is very pretty when mixed with moisturizer for a subtle glow. Unlike the All Over Glosses, this is not sticky, tacky and glue-y, and it dries to a velvet finish. It applies as a luminous, incandescent rose with a lavender sheen. It's gorgeous and like nothing I've seen :) [Olive NC30]