November 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Styling Products - Beyond The Zone - power lift

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by cpedroza619

I absolutely love this product, it works amazing on my hair!!!! I had my mom try it also and she liked it, her hair is thinning and baby fine. I have and will continue to repurchase this product, great stuff!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

In a word: awesome. This product does wonders for my baby-fine, stick straight, increasingly thinning, chin-length, blonde hair. I can't believe how well it performs! Usually, decent volume comes at the expense of softness and/or texture. Power Lift, however, gives my hair the perfect amount of body and superb strand separation -- no crunchiness, no residue, no dark roots, no stickiness. And the best part is that the effect lasts and lasts! I don't even have to tuck my hair behind my ears to keep it managable (that's nothing short of a miracle for me). It's also easy to apply and smells nice. I'm going back to Sally's to buy more because if they discontinue it, I will weep!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by mollymare

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really don't know how anyone can give this product a bad review. It is without a doubt the best lift styling product I have ever used and I have tried them all. My hair tends to be thick and heavy but I like having some lift at the crown. I have tried everything and even asked stylist for the best product. I wasted so much money trying products until I found this at Sally's. Because of this product I hardly need any hairspray and from the first day I used it, I got tons of compliments on my hair. Great product at a great price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think what makes this product special is the blast of concentrated substance that jets out of the sprayer like a rocket -- almost knocked me over, lol. It works amazing on my shoulder length, very curly, color-treated, very dry hair in bad need of volume.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Lmrought

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because it was on sale and had so many positive reviews from this site. I'm not in love with the product and I'd probably never repurchase for the "lift" but it does help with styling. What I do like about it is how easy it is to spray exactly where you want it, I spray it right on the root on the top of my head and I kind of tousle it in with my fingertips. Like i said it's not a huge lift but I do notice some body added. It doesn't make my hair greasy at all and doesn't have much of a scent. I will continue to use it.. Maybe I need to use more product? If anything changes I will update :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by amarock

I bought this product based on the positive reviews here but unfortunately, it just didn't work for me. I have fairly healthy shoulder length Chinese hair with a light wave that I put into hot rollers regularly. I like using some kind of root lift spray or volumizing mousse when my hair is wet and then blow dry my hair for volume before I put the hot rollers in. This product claims to give volume and lift at the roots - it worked ok, not really as well as other products I've used before. The main reason I dislike this product is that it leaves a flaky residue that turns white when my hair is dried. I tried to spray less but then there's not enough product applied to my hair to do anything. Also, the nozzle spray is really ineffective in depositing the product - it either sprays all over or too much onto one spot. I've also tried spraying the product onto my hands and then finger combing into my hair from the roots, but it still leaves a flaky residue (which I have to brush out). As others have mentioned, the bottle design is annoying too - why the need to be so tall so that it doesn't fit onto any standard sized shelves? I unfortunately got 2 bottles of this because there was a buy 1 get 1 free offer at Sally's. I gave this product 2 stars because it's not too expensive, doesn't leave my hair sticky, and it smells fine. I used up the first can just to give it a fair chance but I think I will toss the 2nd can instead of trying to make this work for me. I would not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by SAMixO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

im not sure im using this product right :( i've looked at the directions but it doesnt seem to get my super flat hair any volume! i want it to work, like the reviews have said. anyone know any tips?

will buy again once i figure out how to use it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this at Sally's about a year ago after reading great things about the Matrix amplify root booster, and wanted to save some money (This is the dupe for that product). However it did nothing for my hair. I ended up returning it. Luckily, I got to swap for the matrix spray a few weeks later, and what a difference! I find, getting dupes/fakes at Sally's is a hit and miss. Sometimes there products are amazingly great quality like the originals, and sometimes, they fall short. This one did that for me. But you should also pay attention to reviews of products by people with your same hair type. Maybe this works well on coarser hair types. My hair shaft is too skinny and gets weighed down easily by certain products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 7:41:00 PM More reviews by tusonpham

OMG I luv this product so much I went out two day later to get another can of this. Thank you sally for selling beyond the
zone power lift. Power lift does everything great volume , lift,
support, great texture. Sally is having a sale on this 2 for 10 with sally beauty club card. HG in my book. Must try!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2009 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Amykakes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty good product, but honestly I don't have anything to compare it to. I never used to use a root lifter or a blow dryer until a couple of years ago when I finally decided one day that I needed volume in my hair. So I went to Sally's and bought this and of course you have to use this with a blow dryer or it won't do anything (just like any other product). Well it definitely made a difference, I have a lot more volume now. But like I said, I am not sure how it compares to other brands since this is the only one I used, but so far I have no complaints :)