July 22, 2014 | 1102 users online

Loose Powders - Rimmel - Silky Loose Face Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by IzzyB95

I brought this product in the translucent shade, I am very disappointed as this is not like other tanslucent powders that I have used in the past. It has a slightly dark pigament to it that changes the colour of my face which is not what I wanted. I would not buy this product again. The packaging however is nice for the price and it smell pleasant and if it didn thave the colouration does leave a nice finish on the skin not dulling the foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by chadias

Pros: - good price - sets any product - long lasting - oil controlling Cons: - reflects in flash photography - hard to use packaging - not suitable for brush application (use puff included) I used to absolutely hate powders because of their finish, and now I changed my mind completely. It gives a perfect matte finish and sets even my weakest face products, making them last. When applied with a brush it will make your pores obvious! Best way to apply is to take the puff, pour a bit of product in the center, bend the puff in half to distribute the product, and use it in soft pressing motions. The 001 Transparent shade is good on my light-medium olive toned skin, it's very brightening because of the ever so slight pinkish tone.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by BSlytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love love love this powder. It really is translucent. It goes on sooo nicely and it doesn't make me look powdery or anything. It seals my foundation so nicely. If I ever run out, which I will, I will definitely be buying it again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Emmabeautyxoxo96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this on sale for $4 at Safeway, This was amazing on my skin and lasted all day and gave my skin a nice silky soft finish. This was so good that I brought a backup for this product for when I do run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kiwachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I quite like this product, but somehow I don't. The packaging is fine, the price is fine, but the product itself doesn't really work for me. It makes me look cakey, and it doesn't keep me matte all day, which is a must for me. I will use this one up, but my skin is simply too shiny for this!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

My shade: 001 Transparent

Pros:
Great for very pale people.
Good amount of product for low price.
Applies amazingly with a fluffy brush.
Doesn't set in fine lines.

Cons: Sometimes difficult to get all the product from the tub.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by riacloud

I really love this powder! You can't tell when I'm wearing it. When I had oily skin, it took off ALL my shine, making my skin look flawless. It doesn't settle into fine lines, and it really does leave the skin looking silky. However, since I've been using Clinique's 3-step system, my skin is no longer oily, so I don't need this powder as much.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/17/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by frkparadis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I may be the only one, but I don't really like this product. I have used it on and off for about three months now, and I everytime I use it, I regret it. I think I keep going back to it because I sooo want this product to work. The problem is that it sits funny on my skin. I don't know how to explain it, but my skin looks "grainy" and uneven. It kind of ruins the work of my foundation. Also, it doesn't make my foundation last any longer on my skin.
So I am still on the search for a finishing powder that sets the foundation but still lets the foundation "shine through". If anybody can recommend a powder, please let me know :)

Oh I almost forgot - and for what it's worth - I really like the packaging of this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

This is a really good Loose face powder, I've already bought a backup of this! This controls your oil and leaves a semi matte/dewy finish. It is absolutely amazing. I used the ELFs HD Powder from the Studio line and the Rimmel Londons one is way better. I find that the Elf one doesn't really do that of a good job of controlling my oily T-zone. My HG face powder and wont use anything else =) LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Yamada70

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product! I wasn't expecting much but this product delivered! The powder is quite finely milled, transparent, non-glittery & looks very natural. Non-drying, didn't break me out or make me look greasy. Keeps my foundation on longer, doesn't crease or settle into fine lines. Feels sooo smooth, not chalky at all. Like other reviewers, I don't use the puff that came with it, it's pretty useless. I use a large powder brush. Will definitely re-purchase.