April 21, 2014 | 979 users online

Top/Base Coats - Maybelline - Colorama - Frosty Pink (topcoat)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by synthetic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably my most used nail polish. I occasionally use it as a top coat to add a little oomph to my polish, but most often I wear it on its own. It's basically clear with extremely tiny hot pink sparkles. I love it on its own because it doesn't so much chip as just fades away, so it lasts a long time. Very subtle, pretty, and low-maintenance. Not to mention super cheap!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by willozza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my first nail polishes. I haven't tried the other big brands like OPI, China Glaze, Essie etc.

I like the colour of this top coat. When applied over an opaque colour, it gives out these little red shimmers. It makes an otherwise normal nail colour more interesting. But the shimmers doesn't stand out like the new holo top coats stuff other companies are making.

I got this because it was cheap (AUD$2) compared to the other drugstore brands like Revlon, Maybelline, Rimmel. But I don't think I'll buy again because I have found this wholesaler that stocks the big brands like OPI, China Glaze, Essie, Orly at cheaper than retail prices. I think I will start experimenting with the colours from these big brands instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

again - me and my glitter top coats. got to love them! this one is nice for a very subtle shimmer. it is a peachy/pink ultra-fine glitter. it mixes well with lots of colors - pinks, muaves, reds, peaches, black, purples ect. this one is not a noticable as many of the others, just adds a bit of shine rather then heavy glitter. goes on smooth, dries pretty fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2006 12:44:00 AM More reviews by ron_jane_mail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My fav topcoat all the time. It's easy to apply and lasts for about a week.
I'd wait till it goes on sale and stock up on Maybeline's topcoat & base coat ranges.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2005 10:26:00 PM More reviews by RedNailPolish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this. Brightens up any color. It's basically a clear polish with teensy tiny pink glitter, so it doesn't look like glitter, but like "oh, your nails are pretty!" I always use this topcoat, and sometimes I just use it by itself. Lasts an ok amount of time, a little less than a week, but I'm wicked hard on my hands so it's to be expected. I've already repurchased this, and will continue to do so. I find it's a quite good alternative to my beloved (yet, alas, discountinued) OPI Sheer Enchantment. Try it over black nail polish, too. Rocks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2005 10:52:00 PM More reviews by ladykestryl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this topcoat because it is fun. I can use a plain topcoat on the Colorama nail polish. I have used this to create 'fun' with some of my more boring colors. I am not sure I will repurchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 11:17:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in love!! I definitely plan on buying more of these topcoats. Its a translucent pink with irridesent glitter. VERY pretty and has a lot of shine!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2004 11:32:00 AM More reviews by krochon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this top coat! I plan to buy a few more of these! Adds nice pink/peach shimmer to any polish: great for summer! Like other reviewers said, the base is clear with microshimmers. I also use it alone when I'm in a hurry and want just a little colour: something only interested people would notice. You know, MUAers who notice what others have on their nails or eyes or cheeks!
Will definitely buy more of these! (Probably today!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 4:13:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Dirty cheap and great quality!! This is a sheer, or clear, with little red/coral/hot pink mirco-shimmers. When you look at the bottle, it looks like a sheer pink with microshimmer, but you really don't see any pink in the base as you apply it.These are fabulous polishes that last for just about ever with no chipping at all. I especially love this top coat and like to wear it alone. I mostly wear sheer polishes due to some medical considerations and I need to have my nail beds visible. This is a "basic but with interest" type of look for me. Also, Chanel Bengel nail polish has the SAME color micro shimmer in it, so this would be a good match to wear them together. continued >>