April 17, 2014 | 1698 users online

Conditioner - John Frieda - Brilliant Brunette Light Reflecting Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by jordankennedy33

I love this product!

I used to dye my hair a lot whenever I was bored, after something big in my life has happened, or if I just wanted to spice things up every so often. It was VERY damaging, of course, so lately I've just been going au natural so that my hair can heal and become strengthened again. That being said, I've become very restless by just keeping it the same for several months at a time, something I'm not used to, especially because I've noticed that it looks rather dull as of late.

I'm so happy that I've come across this conditioner. It brings out my high and low lights and gives my hair a little extra shine and bounce. I'll admit, it is a bit drying, but I find that if I mix it with another conditioner (i.e. Organix Moroccan oil conditioner, another one of my loves) and use a nice leave-in conditioner, then it's not a problem anymore!

Bottom line, I'll definitely keep buying this product. Totally worth the price, in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by sweetdream707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a really nice conditioner for dull brunette hair. I first tried this out when I saw that my hair had no brilliance to it. It was just a dark brown. This really helped my natural hair color shine! It's not all that hydrating, but not bad either, but for the purpose of brightening up your hair color, it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I used this I used it in conjunction with the shampoo from this line and loved them!!

The conditioner made my hair feel soft and it smelled so nice!!

Both products combined really brought out the highlights in my medium brown hair.

100% repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 6:34:00 AM More reviews by stephanievx

I absolutely love this product. I've used all kinds of shampoos and conditioners and this beats them all. It has crushed pearls and sweet almond oil which is so great for your hair.

I think the scent is lovely, not overpowering but a sweet, subtle scent. The conditioner doesn't lather up, but that's a good thing because research shows that lathering up too much product in your hair can strip it of natural oils that you NEED to have healthy hair. The conditioner is really creamy and it stays that way when you use it.

I just got out of the shower and used this conditioner and my hair feels baby soft. I've bleached and dyed my hair so many times, and after using this I can't even tell that I've done so much damage to my hair. It feels like my natural hair at it's best. So soft, shiny, and smells great.

I recommended this product to a coworker and she absolutely loves it as well. Definitely going to only use this all of the time!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by zanderae

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE the Brilliant Brunette shampoo, but as for the conditioner, well....let's just say I couldn't get a comb through my hair after using it. And it seems to me that's one of the things a conditioner is FOR - especially one that costs as much as this. On the plus side, the scent is pleasant (although not as good as the shampoo's, for whatever reason). Some of the V05 conditioners work light-years better than this, and they're a fraction of the cost. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by makeup2000

My husband has been commenting how much nicer my hair looks since I've been using this conditioner. The fact that my HUSBAND noticed my hair and complimented it was shocking. I've tried all types of conditioners (Suave to salon brands), and none of them has really helped my long brunette hair (which sadly is the baby-fine, sparse, and fly-away type). A lot of other conditioners have made my hair scraggly and frizzy (seemingly the opposite of what a conditioner should do), so I was happy that this conditioned my hair and actually improved its appearance.

Everybody's hair situation is different, but this one worked for me when many others did not.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by sandynd143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to trying this conditioner and matching shampoo combo, I was using Redken and before that I was using Matrix. And I have to say, I prefer the John Frieda line to both of those. I have a lot of hair, it's long (about halfway down my back), dark, wavy hair that tends to get dry. I found this conditioner/shampoo combo to work great, my hair feels glossy and soft and it's manageable. I do think my styling products help (I use Super Skinny by Paul Mitchell), also I only wash my hair about two or three times a week. All in all this combo has been my HG for some time now, I don't think I'll be switching to another product any time soon.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Glumbumble

I don't know what BlueWings is talking about with not putting the conditioner above your ears, women have short hair too you know! But personally I don't find that it leaves my hair oily, but at the same time I really have to rinse it out. It definitely doesn't wash out easily.

I have the same problem with this bottle as I do with the Liquid Shine Shampoo I bought on sale, the caps collect water when they're left in the shower and once you open the cap water pours out. A little annoyance, but I've never had a bottle do that before.

I like the smell, but that's about it. I have naturally dark auburn hair and it doesn't enhance my natural shine at all. My hair is a bit softer since using this, but I'm thinking that's more from using a conditioner than this product in particular.

I won't be buying this line of products again. I'm very glad I got them on sale so I could finally try them out and realize that it's all hype and does not work for my hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

There is nothing in the ingredient list that deposits color onto the hair so it is not specifically just for brunettes! I'm a natural honey blonde w/ lt. blonde highlights. A house guest left this so I decided to try it-- since I wouldn't be shipping it to Spain. I really liked this conditioner -- it's light. Makes my hair easy to comb through and very shiny. My hair is in good shape so I don't need anything heavy duty to weigh my hair down. I wash my hair twice a week--once w/ a vinegar rinse and conditioner the other time w/ shampoo & conditioner. I've been doing this for years based on the advice of a famous hair stylist in NYC who is more interested in happy, returning clients than selling his own products. When I asked his advice on drugstore products ( Gasp!) he said there are some really good ones and bad ones-- just like salon products. When I saw him last week I told him about this product and he said my hair looked great. I just wish it wasn't so heavily fragranced!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by BlueWings95

I've been using this product for three years now, and I still love it. I don't use it with the shampoo because I have dry scalp issues, so I don't know anything about the results when using both, but alone it's great! In the first month I used it, I noticed a variation of tone in my natural brown and loved it. As time has gone on, it continues to deepen my natural dark areas and add dimension to my hair. It's ok with moisture, but that's not what I use it for. As for the complaints about how it makes your hair oily, I think it's BS. Generally, when people have oily hair, it's near their scalp, where the oil is derived from. You shouldn't be putting your conditioner above your ears (Tyra's Rule) anyway, so it shouldn't have anything to do with your conditioner. Blame it on the shampoo. I get oily after not washing my hair 2 or 3 days too, that's normal. If you use a shampoo like Head and Shoulders like I do, your scalp replenishes the oil stripped away from the shampoo naturally, to balance out the dryness. When I go to summer camp, everyone always borrows my conditioner and adore it as well. If you really want to enhance your color using this shampoo but want more moisture (my position when I have split ends), I spray my ends down while it's still wet with Aussie's Hair Insurance (leave-in-conditioner spray). Solves the problem easy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No