April 17, 2014 | 1851 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Paula's Choice - Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 20

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG tinted moisturizer. I'm on my second tube, have another standing by, and have got my friends hooked on it, too. Perfect for combination skin. If you're pale and having trouble finding a TM that doesn't turn orange, definitely try the lightest shade. Goes on beautifully with just your fingers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice enough tinted moisturizer, but if you are perennially shiny like me, you will still be shiny and need powder after using this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a good TM or light foundation. Warning - like most TM and BB creams it is LIGHT coverage. Don't expect this to be like foundation. It is a matte but not flat look - some that like super matte may not find this matte enough. It doesn't last all day like my PC All Bases Covered foundation but that is too be expected. Easy to touch up with a little powder or I can add more of the product without it looking cakey. I would suggest ordering sample for color help. Since it is sheer/light coverage, you have some wiggle room with color.

I love that this has PHYSCIAL SPF in it. It seems like most BB/TM have chemical s/s which irritate my skin.

UPDATE: I took a lippie off. I am NC20 and the Level 2 is just waaaaay too yellow. I seriously don't see how any caucasian could wear this much yellow. I would try the Level 1 (which looks to light) but they have been out of samples forever! Besides the color (even if the Level 1 matches) the wear time on this product is just too short.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by FGunsmoke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great option if you want light (more than sheer) coverage with SPF 30. I have usually have oily skin, but sometimes my Diferin makes it a little dry in places; this TM works very nicely.
I bought this in Level 1, and my coloring is Loreal True Match N1 or W2.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this TM, so im basing the price on a full-size.
I got the sample in the lightest shade. I'm a cool-toned, fair-skinned gal (NW 15-20) and the product was much too yellow for me. It gave more coverage than I'd expect from a TM. It also emphasized my fine lines and wrinkles.
A Plus are that it has good sun-protection.
I would not recommend this for cool-toned, fair-skinned people. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 5:35:00 AM More reviews by ziggymama

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for the last few years, so through the change in formulation. I find that the new designations are more straightforward. I can use either Level 1 or Level 2, but the latter is better for summertime. I am quite fair (cool/neutral) but darkening a bit as I get older. I still need a bit of extra coverage on certain spots, but it's great that this product is natural looking, unscented/nonirritating, and neither greasy nor dry (though you may need powder if you want absolutely no shine). It also mixes well with other foundations (i.e., Paula's All Bases Covered) if you want adjustable coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I purchased samples of the fair 01 and the light 02 and in the container the two colors look very similar. When first applied I noticed that the fair was very slightly too pale whereas the light was a good match for my NC10-15 skin. I applied the fair to one side of my face and the light to the other side, on bare skin, no sunscreen or primer underneath. A couple of minutes later the fair had darkened to the perfect color while the light had gone a bit orangey. So while the fair was a good color match, nothing else about this product was this good. This is by no means a matte foundation. This was very shiny when applied initially and only got shinier as time passed. This was so greasy looking that I was embarrassed to wear it. It is very sheer so the four shades available can be worn by a wide range of skin tones. This gave hardly any coverage, but then I didn't expect it to when it is marketed at being sheer. I was looking forward to this being a great product to even out my skin a little and give a matte finish, but it was a huge disappointment. It does have SPF in it which is better than some foundations. Won't be buying the full size of this and wouldn't recommend it unless you have very dry skin which has no blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Margaret1975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm completely hooked on this product.

During the warmer months, I like to reapply sunscreen at least once during the day (more often if I'm spending a lot of time outside). This left me having to completely redo my makeup. This product streamlines the whole sunscreen/makeup process. It moisturizes and protects my skin with a mineral based sunscreen. After a couple of minutes, it sinks in and leaves a natural finish that provides moderate but still natural looking coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 4:26:00 PM More reviews by Twiga

I'm loving this TM. The version I have is SPF 30, which is excellent. I find it provides a fair amount of coverage, and it leaves a nice soft finish.

Edit: I have switched to Paula's Choice RESIST Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 - which leaves a true matte finish compared to the tinted moisturizer for summer, but I still like the tinted moisturizer for winter!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Walko

I'm finding this TM excellent! I'm reviewing the new spf 30, can't comment on spf 20 as never used it.This has the coverage you would expect from a TM.It's quite thick when it comes out the tube,but glides on effortlessly. I would describe it as "barely there" It's not for covering flaws etc..I do use powder and concealer with this and also use a sunscreen underneath although this is not really necessary. But if you do use this alone it must be applied liberally. It's better than some foundations I've used. Looks very natural on. Never cakey and does not settle into lines around eyes.Excellent sun protection, physical only sunscreen which is a godsend for me as I can't tolerate chemical sunscreen around eyes.No alcohol or fragrance.Feels light on, as if I'm not wearing anything. I ordered samples of light/medium and medium, and could use either on my nw 15-20 complexion.I was looking for a lighter make up for summer and this is everything I was looking for. This will be my summer make up for as long as it's available.I was going to try a BB cream and now we have CC creams. But really, they are just tinted moisturisers.So happy to have found this.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No