October 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Paula's Choice - Barely There Sheer Matte Tint SPF 30

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by rsflutterby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail foundation. It provides SPF 30, very light hydration and sheer, naturally glowy coverage. Most women will use concealer. It has a semi-matte finish, so you may need a moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by tanyab2007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My oily skin feels dehydrated and extremely dry after applying this moisturizer.
I love other Paula's Choice products though.
Too bad this one didnt work for me...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by aemccall81

I've had this for forever and after first trying it I thought it was so sheer and didn't do much. I've been trying to go through my makeup collection and re visited this. It's boring but in the best possible way. Doesn't irritate my skin and while it's very light coverage, almost looks like I'm wearing nothing, it makes my skin look incredible and stays matte. I haven't noticed it wearing off and think it still looks great at the end of the day (I'm not the type who would ever touch up my makeup). It's also great to mix a tiny amount into sunscreen to get rid of white cast.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE BUT IT HAS LASTED QUITE A WHILE.
Barely there is medium coverage so you will be able to notice you have foundation on . In the beginning this is a foundation that goes on smoothly but over time it tends to oxidize. This does not shine so it won't draw unwanted extra attention to areas like acne and this stays put once you put it on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I totally love this TM for my summer routine. It can act as a reliable SPF if applied liberally and overall one's face. It melts in so nicely so I can hardly see it on the skin. At the same time it evens out the skin tone, tones down redness and stay put for a long time. I can't agree this is a matte finish product as the result look rather dewy and luminous but in a pleasant way. I have dry to combination skin in summer so I can say it is moisturizing enough for my skin's needs. PC team says it can be applied instead of a moisturizer. I don't do this. But I can imagine someone with an oilier skin skipping moisturizer underneath.
It has all the good ingredients in it and relies only on physical (mineral) sunscreen which is a true find among SPF products. I have occasional rosacea flares so this feature is crucial for me.
Overall impression is so good and I give this product 5 stars/lippies for all the benefits it has.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG tinted moisturizer. I'm on my second tube, have another standing by, and have got my friends hooked on it, too. Perfect for combination skin. If you're pale and having trouble finding a TM that doesn't turn orange, definitely try the lightest shade. Goes on beautifully with just your fingers.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 6:10:00 PM More reviews by callmecordelia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice enough tinted moisturizer, but if you are perennially shiny like me, you will still be shiny and need powder after using this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a good TM or light foundation. Warning - like most TM and BB creams it is LIGHT coverage. Don't expect this to be like foundation. It is a matte but not flat look - some that like super matte may not find this matte enough. It doesn't last all day like my PC All Bases Covered foundation but that is too be expected. Easy to touch up with a little powder or I can add more of the product without it looking cakey. I would suggest ordering sample for color help. Since it is sheer/light coverage, you have some wiggle room with color.

I love that this has PHYSCIAL SPF in it. It seems like most BB/TM have chemical s/s which irritate my skin.

UPDATE: I took a lippie off. I am NC20 (though leaning more neutral) and the Level 2 is just waaaaay too yellow. I would try the Level 1 (which looks to light) but they have been out of samples forever! Besides the color (even if the Level 1 matches) the wear time on this product is just too short.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by FGunsmoke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great option if you want light (more than sheer) coverage with SPF 30. I have usually have oily skin, but sometimes my Diferin makes it a little dry in places; this TM works very nicely.
I bought this in Level 1, and my coloring is Loreal True Match N1 or W2.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by chRowan73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this TM, so im basing the price on a full-size.
I got the sample in the lightest shade. I'm a cool-toned, fair-skinned gal (NW 15-20) and the product was much too yellow for me. It gave more coverage than I'd expect from a TM. It also emphasized my fine lines and wrinkles.
A Plus are that it has good sun-protection.
I would not recommend this for cool-toned, fair-skinned people. I will not repurchase.