August 21, 2014 | 1308 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really pale naturally and usually need the lightest shade of foundation. This was a pretty good match.

Coverage: this is important to me. I have pretty bad acne and have had for years. I have visible large pores on my nose and cheeks. I also have fine lines on my forehead.

Up to now I've used maybelline matte mousse, rimmel stay matte, another maybelline...

So firstly when I go to use it there's the packaging. It says 24 hour on it. Seriously? Dont believe you, plus who wants foundation on 24 hours anyway? Then online it's saying 16hours which is confusing.
Id read about difficulty getting it out as no pump. Seriously this should be sorted as I end up wasting some.
This wasn't as liquid as I expected it to be, not really watery. Good thing really. After a couple of days it was really hard to get it out the bottle. Took quite a long time.

It took longer to put on than the rimmel or maybelline mousse. I dont feel it covered my pores enough. I was quite pleased at first then a couple of minutes later I looked in the mirror and it was translucent. It settled in my fine lines a bit.
It didn't gather round large spots at first but after a while it did, same as maybelline. It wasn't quite as noticeable because of the formula or colour.

I ended up experimenting as I didn't feel it provided enough coverage so let it dry and put more on. It still didn't provide enough coverage.

Ive read people have had problems with it drying quickly. I haven't. I could probably leave it on my skin for up to a minute then still rub it on.
I have never experienced streaking with foundation before this.

When I put more foundation on it tended to come off easily. Also I could tell I had foundation on by the feel of it. I dont really want to set it with powder as this is caking my face in make up and will probably cling to the big spots and highlight lines on my forehead even more.

Glad I didn't pay full price for this.
I thought it was better than my other foundations at first. It did last well. It was very difficult to remove and took forever. I could see it had settled in my pores even after using cleanser and make up remover over my face twice.
DId not oxidise with me.

I have a lot of flaws on my face that I want to cover up like raised spots. If you don't then this is probably fine for you. But that is the reason I want to use foundation.

Maybe the best thing about it is the finish. Apart from a little obvious to me (but not others) around big spots, it was semi matte but not too unnaturally matte like maybelline matte mousse.
I don't want to spend forever putting foundation on. That extra amount of time trying to get it out of the bottle and putting another layer on then having to check when it has set is too much for me. Colour wise was good - but most people will need a darker shade unless you're very fair. I'm very fair but I also don't see sunlight due to a condition I have.
Ive seen some mentions of 'soft flex' regarding colorstay but there was no mention of that on this bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation now since it's the only shade of foundation that matches me. However I found:

-Doesn't cover redness extremely well (acne and nose-redness), I would say medium coverage.
-Looks a bit muddy and unnatural
-Looks cakey on my chin and jawline, even though I have normal skin.
-Emphasizes facial fuzz
-If I wear this too long or not remove it properly, it does break me out
-Feels heavy on the skin! Not very pleasant

However, I like how long it stays on and the color is perfect for me. I think this foundation is alright, but not good enough for me. I'll keep looking for better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While on a trip I found the "old" formula Colorstay on the shelf and HAD to try it because of all the great reviews. I thought I would never get a chance due to the reformulation!
It covers SO WELL. Its runny which I like because I use a sponge.
However, I think it made me break out. I also didn't find it kept any shine under control. It feels heavy. It looks great for a few hours, though.
I would probably wear it for a special event and I use it to cover my under-eye circles. The price is steep imo, so I wouldn't re-buy. I would recommend this for people who don't have sensitive skin and who have a lot to cover.
I will stick to my mineral powder for my foundation and not bother with liquids anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic coverage and pretty decent staying power for my oily skin; however, 'Ivory' was too dark for me. For reference I can't even wear MAC nw10 because it's too pink..

It also broke me out as it has some nasty ingredients. I really wanted this to work because the price is great and like I already said, coverage is out of this world.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

Amazing. I will never buy another foundation again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ReplaceAfterUse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, it is the best I have ever used.
The color is a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't have a horrible over powering smell to it. I love that it has a pump, it makes it much easier to use. My skin has never reacted badly since I started using it. The foundation lasts all day. It doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin feel oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AtomicLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really surprised. One of the best foundations I've used. I have normal to dry skin, prefer to use this foundation with revlon color stay aqua translucent setting powder. I used it for photo shooting and was surprised when it looked as I just applied it after 7 hours. Also it doesn't crease when it's hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bambiemeow25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is great for several reasons. It stays all day, it feels light as if you're not even wearing makeup, and it has a lot of colours. I got Ivory because it is the lightest and I have fair skin. It also has pink undertones which I found pleasantly surprising, as my skin also has pink undertones so it matched perfectly! I've noticed that many people complain about the lack of a pump. It's an easy fix, all you have to do to get product is shake the bottle and get some from the inside of the cap rather then the bottle itself. One thing, though, is that it dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I just apply it like moisturizer and it has great coverage. It smells kind of weird, as many foundations do, but nothing over-powering. All in all it feels great, lasts, matches, and is fairly reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it to friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. The Ivory shade matched my fair skin almost perfectly. It's the closest I've come with a drugstore makeup. It's very blendable and gives great coverage. It also doesn't dry out my skin during the day. A big, big plus. A great buy for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I will probably never buy a different foundation after trying this one! I have pretty oily skin that, with other foundations, needs to be set with a powder, and often needs to be blotted for oil throughout the day. With this foundation, I don't really need to do either of those things! I don't like the tacky feeling of foundation so I usually set it with powder anyway, but ColorStay (in the combination/oily formula) really keeps my oil under control better than anything else I've tried. Also, it has amazing coverage--I scarcely need to use concealer! It dries to a semi-matte finish, is easily blended, and looks fairly natural on my skin. Granted, it's a tad bit pricey for the drugstore (I paid $12 for it), but it's so, so worth it. I would definitely recommend this!