October 23, 2014 | 1858 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by buytoomuchmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this foundation a while ago. Considering I'm pale and usually buy the palest shade available i bought it in Ivory and I have to say it's very very pale, so this might perfect for you if you are very pale and have trouble finding a shade that suits your skin. However it was too pale for me and when I put it on it looked like a mask, so i picked up another shade (150 Buff) and it's a perfect match for my NW15/20 skin. It feels a little sticky on the skin but stays on pretty well, if I wear it with primer and a setting powder it lasts me for a good 4 - 5 hours around my nose - tend to get very oily there - and up to 14 (!!) hours in my normal skin type areas.
It does a quite good job at controlling oil, still not what I'd wish for it to do but definitely better than every other foundation I've ever tried. I'd rather buy this than the double wear, think this one is way better.
It does have a slight smell which I don't really mind, it's not like you'll be able to smell it throughout the entire day.
All in all I consider this my HG foundation, I couldn't live without it.
Only con:
Comes without a pump which can be slightly annoying but if you don't mind, it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by tvparty

I love this foundation! I'm very pale and its still a tad dark but it blends great and has amazing coverage.i need no concealer when i have this on and the lasting power is amazing. however, it does make dry patches more visible and can sometimes look a bit cakey.
Now to the main issue, the packaging is shit.no pump,hard to get product out, and its a pain to get the exact amount of product you need.also, i can rarely find this shade on stands.

overall, this is one of the best drugstore foundations i've came across, already repurchased twice and will continue to buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really pale naturally and usually need the lightest shade of foundation. This was a pretty good match.

Coverage: this is important to me. I have pretty bad acne and have had for years. I have visible large pores on my nose and cheeks. I also have fine lines on my forehead.

Up to now I've used maybelline matte mousse, rimmel stay matte, another maybelline...

So firstly when I go to use it there's the packaging. It says 24 hour on it. Seriously? Dont believe you, plus who wants foundation on 24 hours anyway? Then online it's saying 16hours which is confusing.
Id read about difficulty getting it out as no pump. Seriously this should be sorted as I end up wasting some.
This wasn't as liquid as I expected it to be, not really watery. Good thing really. After a couple of days it was really hard to get it out the bottle. Took quite a long time.

It took longer to put on than the rimmel or maybelline mousse. I dont feel it covered my pores enough. I was quite pleased at first then a couple of minutes later I looked in the mirror and it was translucent. It settled in my fine lines a bit.
It didn't gather round large spots at first but after a while it did, same as maybelline. It wasn't quite as noticeable because of the formula or colour.

I ended up experimenting as I didn't feel it provided enough coverage so let it dry and put more on. It still didn't provide enough coverage.

Ive read people have had problems with it drying quickly. I haven't. I could probably leave it on my skin for up to a minute then still rub it on.
I have never experienced streaking with foundation before this.

When I put more foundation on it tended to come off easily. Also I could tell I had foundation on by the feel of it. I dont really want to set it with powder as this is caking my face in make up and will probably cling to the big spots and highlight lines on my forehead even more.

Glad I didn't pay full price for this.
I thought it was better than my other foundations at first. It did last well. It was very difficult to remove and took forever. I could see it had settled in my pores even after using cleanser and make up remover over my face twice.
DId not oxidise with me.

I have a lot of flaws on my face that I want to cover up like raised spots. If you don't then this is probably fine for you. But that is the reason I want to use foundation.

Maybe the best thing about it is the finish. Apart from a little obvious to me (but not others) around big spots, it was semi matte but not too unnaturally matte like maybelline matte mousse.
I don't want to spend forever putting foundation on. That extra amount of time trying to get it out of the bottle and putting another layer on then having to check when it has set is too much for me. Colour wise was good - but most people will need a darker shade unless you're very fair. I'm very fair but I also don't see sunlight due to a condition I have.
Ive seen some mentions of 'soft flex' regarding colorstay but there was no mention of that on this bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:37:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to foundation now since it's the only shade of foundation that matches me. However I found:

-Doesn't cover redness extremely well (acne and nose-redness), I would say medium coverage.
-Looks cakey on my chin and jawline, even though I have normal skin.
-Emphasizes facial fuzz
-If I wear this too long or not remove it properly, it does break me out
-Feels heavy on the skin! Not very pleasant

However, I like how long it stays on and the color is perfect for me. I think this foundation is alright, but not good enough for me. I'll keep looking for better.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 4:07:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While on a trip I found the "old" formula Colorstay on the shelf and HAD to try it because of all the great reviews. I thought I would never get a chance due to the reformulation!
It covers SO WELL. Its runny which I like because I use a sponge.
However, I think it made me break out. I also didn't find it kept any shine under control. It feels heavy. It looks great for a few hours, though.
I would probably wear it for a special event and I use it to cover my under-eye circles. The price is steep imo, so I wouldn't re-buy. I would recommend this for people who don't have sensitive skin and who have a lot to cover.
I will stick to my mineral powder for my foundation and not bother with liquids anymore.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by Hayree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Fantastic coverage and pretty decent staying power for my oily skin; however, 'Ivory' was too dark for me. For reference I can't even wear MAC nw10 because it's too pink..

It also broke me out as it has some nasty ingredients. I really wanted this to work because the price is great and like I already said, coverage is out of this world.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

Amazing. I will never buy another foundation again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ReplaceAfterUse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, it is the best I have ever used.
The color is a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't have a horrible over powering smell to it. I love that it has a pump, it makes it much easier to use. My skin has never reacted badly since I started using it. The foundation lasts all day. It doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin feel oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AtomicLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really surprised. One of the best foundations I've used. I have normal to dry skin, prefer to use this foundation with revlon color stay aqua translucent setting powder. I used it for photo shooting and was surprised when it looked as I just applied it after 7 hours. Also it doesn't crease when it's hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bambiemeow25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is great for several reasons. It stays all day, it feels light as if you're not even wearing makeup, and it has a lot of colours. I got Ivory because it is the lightest and I have fair skin. It also has pink undertones which I found pleasantly surprising, as my skin also has pink undertones so it matched perfectly! I've noticed that many people complain about the lack of a pump. It's an easy fix, all you have to do to get product is shake the bottle and get some from the inside of the cap rather then the bottle itself. One thing, though, is that it dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I just apply it like moisturizer and it has great coverage. It smells kind of weird, as many foundations do, but nothing over-powering. All in all it feels great, lasts, matches, and is fairly reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it to friends.