April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by JessicaMary21

Amazing. I will never buy another foundation again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by ReplaceAfterUse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation, it is the best I have ever used.
The color is a perfect match for my skin. It doesn't have a horrible over powering smell to it. I love that it has a pump, it makes it much easier to use. My skin has never reacted badly since I started using it. The foundation lasts all day. It doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin feel oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by AtomicLeda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Really surprised. One of the best foundations I've used. I have normal to dry skin, prefer to use this foundation with revlon color stay aqua translucent setting powder. I used it for photo shooting and was surprised when it looked as I just applied it after 7 hours. Also it doesn't crease when it's hot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by bambiemeow25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This product is great for several reasons. It stays all day, it feels light as if you're not even wearing makeup, and it has a lot of colours. I got Ivory because it is the lightest and I have fair skin. It also has pink undertones which I found pleasantly surprising, as my skin also has pink undertones so it matched perfectly! I've noticed that many people complain about the lack of a pump. It's an easy fix, all you have to do to get product is shake the bottle and get some from the inside of the cap rather then the bottle itself. One thing, though, is that it dries very quickly, so you have to work fast. I just apply it like moisturizer and it has great coverage. It smells kind of weird, as many foundations do, but nothing over-powering. All in all it feels great, lasts, matches, and is fairly reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it to friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I was very pleasantly surprised by this foundation. The Ivory shade matched my fair skin almost perfectly. It's the closest I've come with a drugstore makeup. It's very blendable and gives great coverage. It also doesn't dry out my skin during the day. A big, big plus. A great buy for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by KellynElise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I will probably never buy a different foundation after trying this one! I have pretty oily skin that, with other foundations, needs to be set with a powder, and often needs to be blotted for oil throughout the day. With this foundation, I don't really need to do either of those things! I don't like the tacky feeling of foundation so I usually set it with powder anyway, but ColorStay (in the combination/oily formula) really keeps my oil under control better than anything else I've tried. Also, it has amazing coverage--I scarcely need to use concealer! It dries to a semi-matte finish, is easily blended, and looks fairly natural on my skin. Granted, it's a tad bit pricey for the drugstore (I paid $12 for it), but it's so, so worth it. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by bettyeb

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a terrific foundation. I need foundations with a pink undertone, and Colorstay 110 Ivory is perfect for my fair complexion. It is the same shade as Prescriptives Real Camellia, but has a thicker consistency. I apply it with a damp sponge, and have no problem getting even coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by zoohousekey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation has good coverage, a matte finish, and it doesn't break me out. It's the best one I've tried so far, so I'll continue to buy until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 12:11:00 AM More reviews by mallorywouldgo

This is my HG foundation. I have been using this almost everyday for over 2 years and have yet to stray away. It has very full coverage and glides on fairly easily after I have let my moisturizer and primer soak in. It lasts 8+ hours and for the most part doesn't budge. I get a little oily after a few hours but I do also without foundation. It does NOT and has never broken me out which is a huge plus. If you're curious about a good DS foundation, would reccomend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by cessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

YouTube has a lot to answer for! I avoided this foundation for so long on the grounds that everyone and their sister on YouTube had deemed it impossible to work with. But that really REALLY isn't the case. I've used every application method I could think of with this foundation from my Real Techniques stippling brush to a good old fashioned damp sponge and it always blends wonderfully.
As far as colour goes, this is the closest to my skin tone and when applied with a stippling brush gives a really lovely (not quite airbrushed but close enough) effect.

The consistency IS thick but all you need to do is use a tiny amount or even add some moisturiser to it and you'll be fine. One of my favourite things about this product is whilst I do find myself needing a little powder later in the day, it doesn't oxidise and turn you into a human clementine which is my number one pet hate with foundations!!

Like everyone else, I wish Revlon would put a pump on the bottle as I've lost count of the numer of times I've knocked it over and lost half the contents on my bedroom floor but that aside, it's good packaging. One of the first drug store foundations I'd come across that was in a glass bottle as opposed to plastic which was a nice touch.

It's far from my HG foundation (I'm still working on that hehe) but it is a good buy. Take it from someone extremely picky, do NOT be put off by the bad reviews. This is one of the best drugstore/high street products out there and is really worth a try. :-)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No