July 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Mascara - La Prairie - new curling mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2005 5:05:00 PM More reviews by CantMAKEUPmyMlND

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try LP's mascara because I've been nothing but happy with all of the other LP products that I own.

The mascara retails for $40US. I applied it to bare lashes (which, I admit are long & pretty full already) and the curl action seemed to actually work a bit. I honestly noticed a difference in the lift factor compared to regular mascara without use of a eyelash curler. The brush was wonderful, full and plush. I could even apply a few coats without getting the spider-lash look.

Then I discovered it flakes. Badly. At first I thought it was because of my "how many coats could I get on before looking scary" (a lot!) test but I applied it the next day, one coat, and the same thing happened! Flakes all over the bottom of my eye! Not what I expected from a $40 mascara!

Overall, the mascara is great in it's application and look. The only downside is the flakes! If the flakes came under control, this would definetly be a 5 lipstick product! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2004 10:34:00 PM More reviews by susrcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the newest mascara from La Prairie. Don't bother!!!!!! Do not waste your $40.00!!!!!!! Trust me it is NOT worth it!