October 22, 2014 | 1587 users online

Hair Treatments - Alberto Vo5 - Moisturizing Hot Oil Treatment w/vitamin E

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by StilettoGlamourBarbie24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have used this on and off for several years. Decent hot oil treatment in a pinch. Contains biotin, so that's a plus. Just be careful to avoid using this with protein treatments as this has protein as an ingredient as well and may cause your hair to become brittle and straw like

-StilettoGlamourBarbie24 <3

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by sarahek

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as my hair has turned to straw recently :( Must be due to all the colouring its been through. I do and don't like this.
I find this works as a quick fix, but the results don't last. It says to use weekly but i find i need to use it more. Afterwards my hair is softer, shinier and less dry, but not dramatically so. Plus 1-2 days later my hair is back to it's straw like texture. I find it does weigh my fine hair down slightly.
So i think i'll keep these for special occassions when i want my hair to look better or before using heating tools.Oh and i love how it removes lots of chlorine and build up, which is a must for my blonde hair. But atm it is a tad expensive for me for the amount you get.
I do like the packaging tho, and i like heating it up and using it as it makes me feel pampered :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 4:51:00 PM More reviews by skiba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this as a pre-shampoo treatment for my dry/damaged coarse curly hair. So simple to use, one minute to heat up and one minute in the hair? Done and done! Right after rinsing it out my hair feels softer and isn't tangled. I follow up with my regular moisturizing shampoo and deep condition and my hair feels and looks much better.. much softer.. and is really easy to flat iron. Love it, will continue to use every time I wash my hair.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Shannonjc1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My mom used to use this on all of us as kids and it seemed to do a good job then. I decided to try it in Decmeber because my hair was becoming drier. I didnt feel like it did much for my hair. It kinda felt weighed down and I didnt notice anything different from before.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2009 3:43:00 AM More reviews by germaican88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

I didn't feel like it did anything dramatic to my hair. It felt nice in the shower and it felt a little softer than usual but it's not enough to make me repurchase. I'll use the other tube but I'm going to keep looking for a better product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Katybensted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Brilliant moistursing treatment. I use it before shampooing and then finish off with a conditioner and it leaves my hair sleek, satiny and tangle free. It reduces any heat damage from my straighteners, and makes the whole process somehow easier, with a much straighter sharper finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ostamos

in 1999 I had shoulder length hair and was getting a hair cut and the stylist asked me what kind of shampoo I use. I told her I was using a volumizing shampoo. She advised I should be using a moisterizing shampoo conditioner as I have dry hair. Then don't use conditioner often because that also has drying effects and use a hot oil treatment once a week. I found that the Vo5 treatment is easy to use and it is not very expensive.Sometimes you can find buy 1 get 1 free. It does work for me I did one this morning. I don't know how it works in one minute but my hair is no longer crunchy. Best if done once a week or twice a month for those with dry hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by its4kix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I treat my hair to this every couple of weeks or so. Makes my hair super soft and manageable. Can't go wrong with this - it's easy to use and inexpensive. Will continue to repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2006 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Canadian_Bacon

This was an OK product. It didnt do much for my hair, it actually made it limp. I guess it provided some moisture, but thats all. I'll finish the box, but will not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2005 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ham1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff makes my hair more manageble as well as silky/shiny.