April 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Moisturizers - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Aqua Moist Balancing SPF Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by clobbergirl

this was to greasy for my face at least in the summer, but I think any moisturizer (that i can afford) that has SPF in it will be to greasy, I've tried many natural and drugstore...i give up and will have to trust my makeups SPF claim at least for now.
I'm oily/combo in the summer and spot prone. i use this as an everyday sunscreen for my chest and back because most sunscreens make me breakout there too. This one doesn't. I've been using it since last august (only used it for my chest in the winter) and still have a good amount left.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not bad, didn't make me break out, but took too long to dry/sink in and in the morning when I am in a hurry to put my MU, that is a drawback. I am using the remainder as a neck/chest sunscreen or for my hands.

Also, this has parabens. So much for all natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2007 2:21:00 PM More reviews by chachigirl

I really like this moisturizer and i think it' s great for oily/combo skin. it doesn't leave a residue, has a nice light scent, and blends with skin well.

My only gripe however is when you peel off the sticker on the back to reveal the ingredients, it isn't "all natural" as it is advertised on the front of the bottle - it has parabens in it which are synthetic preservatives. I prefer paraben free products. I'd probably buy again if i really needed something immediately, otherwise my search continues for the perfect truly natural product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2007 5:15:00 PM More reviews by circusnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For oily/troubled skin, this is about the best moisturizer with a sunscreen out there, in my opinion. In the past, I've shunned moisturizer, for fear of a new breakout and added, unwanted shine factor, but I've come to realize that even the greasiest of us need a healthy skin drink now and again (or more frequently). This is the first one I've been able to use during the daytime that suits me. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any trails behind, and it doesn't smell too much of sunscreen. I'm always skeptical about exclusive, exotic natural additives (clays, algaes, sacred water, etc.) but this "biologically active blue green algae" seems to do its purported job. Only complaint is the twist-off cap and having to squeeze it out. A pump would be preferred.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Jason Natural Cosmetics "Aqua Moist Balancing Lotion" is for oily skin, and is supposed to have blue-green algae in it to control exess oil. Well, it did not control any excess oil on my skin and actually made me break out. It also made my pores noticably larger. Day after day I used it, and each day my pores looked larger than the day before. Finally I suspected it might be this moisturizer, so I inspected the ingredients carefully, and found that it has wax in it. The wax must have been getting down into my pores and staying there (even though I wash and exfoliate everyday). I stopped using this moisturizer and went back to my old moisturizer and my pores began to slowly return to normal. My break-outs stopped too after I stopped using this product. Jason Natural's Balancing Cleanser and Toner both work really well and I like them both, but this Balancing Moisturizer did not work well with my skin. It obviously works well with other people skin, because I see that many people have written good reviews of it ..... but personally, for me, it did not work well on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2005 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Half_Blood

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product works really great in my opinion! I'm a fanatic for all natural products and I believe they are healthy for EVERYONE.
The consistency of this product is slightly thicker than most but thats not to say that this product is too moisturising. In fact, I think its perfect. The cornflower in it really helps to minimize shine while giving really good moisture that works everywhere.
Oen thing to look out for (and its the one reason I'm going to test out other products befor I buy this one again) is this:

This report shows a high safety concern for this product. ( note that the ingredients listed as "Unassessed Chemicals" are all the organic ingredients and are pretty harmless in themselves). However, the moisturiser itself works VERY well. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows that there ARE health concerns with ingredients in this product (as there are with most others, you can look them all up at the link given above)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2004 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HiBrinn

Let me preface my review by sharing that my skin is combination/oily. I have adult acne. Now in my mid 30's, my skin has started to get drier. Plus the acne is back. Thank you hormones...NOT!
In the last year or so, I've switched to mineral makeup and all-natural skincare products which has made my skin so much healthier! This moisturizing lotion is white, almost absent of fragrance and, as another reviewer mentioned, it's thick in consistency. I need only a tiny bit for each use so the 4 oz. bottle will last forever. Personally, I prefer to thin it down a bit by spritzing toner or some aloe juice in my palm. I blend, then apply. So far I have been VERY impressed with the Jason products I've tried. Their Cooling Toner is a HG for me!! Aqua Moist gives me just enough moisture w/o any greasiness. The titanium dioxide is soothing and an effective, physical sunblock (SPF12). Just be sure you're not one of the few who are sensitive to that ingredient. I recommend this lotion to you if you have oily/combo skin. Take a look at their whole product line. Excellent quality at reasonable prices. BTW, Jason makes all of their own products and their facilities are organically certified. http://www.jason-natural.com/ continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2004 12:46:00 PM More reviews by daltontk

This product felt heavy on and made my skin itch and breakout. After a few days of use I noticed that my skin would feel very tight and dry at the end of the day after I used this. In all fairness I have to say that my skin does not really like sunscreen and this is probably what caused the itching and rash.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by pidgling

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

it's hard finding a good moisturizer for oily skin, but this one does the job perfectly. it passes my test by being completely absorbed and leaving my face grease-free after 10 minutes from application time. like another reviewer noted, my skin does not become grease-free at day's end - i'm not sure i'll ever be free of that problem - but my face is significantly less shiny than it used to be, and i don't have more breakouts than usual. the SPF 15 is a bonus. this one's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by bernie06

I found this walking through a health food store. I bought it because of my combination skin that needed moisturizing but at the same time get rid of my shinies. I really like this product. It is a creamy consistancy with a light almost unnoticable scent. It has SPF 15 and algea extracts with other ingrediants that control shine. I put this on and a few minutes later, my makeup. It's a great base. By the end of the day, I am still shiny but not as much as usual. I have not broken out, in fact-my skin is actually looking less blotchy. I would definately buy again, but the bottle is pretty big and a little goes a long way-so it won't be anytime soon.