July 30, 2014 | 1721 users online

Treatments (Eye) - MD Forte - skin rejuvenation eye cream

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2013 9:09:00 AM More reviews by misstv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The first few times I used this, I got the odd red spot under one eye. So I stopped using it every night, and scaled back to every second night. I do have fine expression lines, but I mainly use this for milia as it has several good exfoliating ingredients (Retinol & Glycolic Acid). My milia aren't large, but I have definitely noticed they are getting smaller and less noticeable as time goes on. My under-eye area is definitely smoother, though I notice that my creases look deeper in the morning if I use this treatment on it's own. The effect is only temporary, but enough to make me sigh and put on my HG morning eye gel (Guinot Anti Fatigue Eye Gel), and be grateful that it fixes the problem. MD Forte Rejuvenation does much better as nightly treatment (or in my case, every other night) with another eye cream layered lightly over the top. Right now, I'm trying it out with Shiseido Bio Performance Super Eye Contour Cream.

If you're reading this and are looking for something to help reduce your milia, I would definitely recommend you try MD Forte Rejuvenating Eye Cream. If it doesn't work the first time, or causes small red bumps, play around with the amount and how often you use it. If you do get red bumps like I do from time to time, Avene Soothing Eye Contour Cream helps the bumps heal in a day or two. Half a pump (for both eyes) of MD Forte every second night is the best amount in my experience. I would also recommend using Eminence Naseberry Eye Exfoliant ($70 AUD from StrawberryNET) every night before you apply your night time eye cream/serum/treatments. It's non-irritating, gentle and is great to use at night before applying the MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream + moisturising eye cream of your choice. It may seem like a pricey and complicated routine, but I feel confident enough to step out the door without a scrap of concealer, which says a lot as I get up at 3:30 am for work.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2012 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Setiva123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this due to the great reviews. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now and honestly I'm not sure what to think. I know my eyes do not look any worse! I have not seen any reduction in lines under my eyes or crows feet but I think my eyes have definitely been less puffy in the morning. This does not burn, sting or cause any redness, it did not dry my skin but I do put an eye moisturizer on over it. I'm going to use it until its gone and hope I see a difference. I would re-purchase as I think a glycolic eye cream is a staple for me being over 35, but if I can find one that really does help with the lines, this one is history!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:19:00 AM More reviews by brightestrella

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA. Let me just state that my family members have a tendency to age around the eyes area. This is severe enough that insurance companies have been willing to pay for eye surgery due to vision issues (upper lid dramatically sags). Also, we have a tendency to have very crepy under eyes.
Anyway, I was getting desperate and even using Tazorac underneath my eyes to try to diminish the crepiness. All I did was leave my under eye area extremely dry and peeling and looking worse...then I tried MD Forte Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream. IT IS AMAZING! I've been using it morning and night with a moisturizing eye cream on top AND SPF for eyes. After 2 weeks I looked in the mirror at work and was completely shocked at how good my undereyes looked. I can't wait to see what I look like in a few more weeks! It's definitely recommended and it's an Allergan product (maker of Botox and Latisse) so they know anti-aging!
Love it!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by uneekstuf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am really not sure how to rate. I have been using this for 3 weeks and haven't seen any results. I have sensitive skin but have not experienced any of the side effects others report. Has anyone had the same experience and still seen results after further weeks?

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by puxa

I was impressed by everyone's comments and believing this is the HG of eye creams I tried it out. I was very disappointed. Not only was there no visible impact on my lines, but I'd wake after three weeks of using I woke up to find my upper lid and bottom part of my eye covered in tiny red spots. I've since discontinued it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

I've been using this for about 3 months. I bought it based on the good reviews here. It's ok, and I haven't had any problems with redness, peeling etc, but neither has it made any difference whatsover to the fine lines around my eyes. It was very expensive and I was expecting a lot. Bit disappointed, really. I will use it up but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 11:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with everyone else's comments, I've used this cream for two years now and some friends were miffed that I haven't aged like they have - no wrinkles under my eyes - and this is why. And that's despite the fact I have fine, pale skin and used to sunbathe all summer. Holy grail indeed. In fact when I met my friends who I hadn't seen in years, I was shocked that they were so wrinkly under the eyes, I didn't know this is normal for our age group, because of this cream, it makes me look and therefore feel much younger then I am. By the way I smoke too, heavily, I should look like a turtle, pleased to say quite the contrary.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by phan22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE, my HG eye cream! I've been using this for years, and even though it's on the more medium expensive side (i get it online for around $40-something, but at least it's not $90+ like some brands!), I have to have it because it's the only eye cream that helps with my milia! Since it has glycolic acid and vitamin A, it's very exfoliating which prevents and helps get rid of milia. Obviously, people have different issues that are their priority when it comes to eye skin, but for me, milia is a big issue (I also have syringoma, which are flesh-colored little bumps, while the milia are white bumps, lucky me!) so rather than wrinkle-fighting or whatever else, I really care about if an eye cream does not cause milia. This eye cream helps prevent milia and it has made my undereye a lot smoother overall. I'm still young so I don't have crows feet or anything, but it seems to be preventing wrinkles and "rejuvenating" my undereye area like it says! I have recommended it to my sister already, and I plan on continuing to purchase/use it as long as it's available (please please don't discontinue!). FYI, I only use a SMALL amount since using too much of anything could clog pores. Also, I have sensitive skin, but using this once nightly as directed has not caused any skin irritation or eye watering. My sister has just started using it, and not being used to acids and vitamin a, it caused some flakiness so she reduced use to once every other night. I think there's a short adjustment period at the beginning while your skin adapts, but after that, I've had no issues!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 12:47:00 AM More reviews by violetsrblu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

As I neared age 50, wrinkles and cross-hatching fine lines appeared around my eyes. I tried numerous antiaging eye creams that seem to do little more than provide moderate moisture. This eye cream got a lot of positive reviews here at MUA, so I decided to try it. As many reviewers have experienced, the skin around my eyes looked awful at first. The lines were more pronounced and my skin was bright red, sore and appeared dehydrated. I took the advice to ride it out for a few days and layer a hydrating eye cream over it. Well, after a week of applying it every night, I saw no improvement, so I stopped the treatment. 24 hours later, the redness, soreness and dryness went away, and I was elated to see that my wrinkles were about 50% improved and the cross-hatching fine lines were very faint or disappeared in some areas. I guess my undereye skin is very sensitive, cos after using this eye cream for 9 mos, I still can't apply it daily w/o experiencing the aforementioned skin problems. However, I can apply it every other night w/o adverse effects and still maintain my good results.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjason

I can't believe that I haven't written a review for this yet. It is my HG of eye treatments. Absolutely amazing. I have been using for almost 3 years now. It helped a lot with undereye circles and fine lines/crows feet. It did make my lines worse in the beginning, but after a few months my eyes looked so much better than ever. I use it pretty much nightly. The bottle lasts for about 5 months for me, so it really is inexpensive all things considered (after all you only use a few drops around the eye area).