January 28, 2015 | 1857 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Extra Gentle Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2015 2:16:00 AM More reviews by breaghahm

I purchased this today and have only used it once. I was a bit skeptical to buy it because of the mixed reviews here on MakeupAlley but decided to go for it. I used it just before getting out of the shower- it lathered up nicely and smelled clean and fresh, but not strong or overwhelming at all. My face felt clean. I have pretty oily skin on my face (but very dry everywhere else) and this cleanser was not greasy or oily at all. I also have pretty sensitive skin and I dread trying new products for fear of breaking out in a rash or breakout, but neither things happened. Overall, very impressed!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2015 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Maple26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The name is true to its word, it is indeed extra gentle, it does not foam and it has the texture of a moisturiser and feels like you are applying a moisturiser on your face. It makes me feel like I am not getting a real good clean but that's why I rub it in real good to make sure it does. It rinses off very well so it doesn't leave a residue. After I cleanse i generally choose whether or not I want to moisturise, I can actually go without because this cleanser doesn't leave my skin feeling stiff/dry like most cleansers, instead it makes my skin feel supple and soft. 3/5 :)

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by startline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have super sensitive, combination skin and this made me break out. I also had a ton of those tiny bumps under the skin. It's cheap and it seems to work for others, but unfortunately, it's going straight in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This dried out my skin and made it itchy, red and flakey. I think I am sensitive to the Chamomile in it as I have reacted to a Weleda product with Chamomile before. Contains parabens.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:29:00 AM More reviews by groovygal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE this product! It's so cheap and brilliant, and cleanses my skin super well! It makes my face feel 10 times cleaner than any other 'drugstore' cleanser I've used, and in conjunction with the Nutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination skin it works wonders!
I have an oily nose and it doesn't help that at all, so I don't put it on my nose but other than that it's perfect! It removes medium/light coverage makeup and impurities, and doesn't cause breakouts! Would 110% recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Stolz69

I use this in the mornings before applying my make up. I use all Neutrogena products and find that they are the only brand that doesn't upset my skin both pimple wise and irritation. Will purchase again. I don't use at night because it doesn't remove my make up. I use deep clean at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by stolenangel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser is the most gentle I ever found. I use it in the mornings only as it will not remove makeup and sunscreen so I used something else at night.

I love the way it makes my skin feel after using it and it does remove the little bit of oil that is on my face in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oooh now this is nice for a cheap cleanser!!! Perfect for dry/sensitive skin, does exactly what it says on the bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fragrance free, non-foaming, lotion type cleanser. I usually use this as a pre-cleanse to remove sunscreen and blush, then I follow up with a foaming cleanser. On lazy-bare-faced-days, just this alone and IME, it cleans better than Cetaphil. I have not experienced irritation or stinging from it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Deenamar1e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So gentle that it did absolutely nothing but make my face itchy

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No