Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser

3.7

Water Purified, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Cetyl Ricinoleate(Chamomile (chamomilla recutita) extract), Isohexadecane, TEA Cocoyl Glutamate, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Bisabolol(anti-irritant and anti-inflammatory), Chamomile Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate(vitamin E), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate(licorice root extract), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Triethanolamine, BHT, Geranium, Dipropylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben 5/29/09

on 2/24/2015 9:20:00 AM

I have been looking for a cleanser to replace my favorite discontinued st. Ives cleanser. This is not it! I have never had more issues with my skin! Buying something else tonight, and I can't wait to toss this in the trash.

on 2/7/2015 1:29:00 AM

This cleanser to me feels very similar to Cetapils cleanser. It's the milky lotion type of cleanser thats more suitable for dry sensitive skin. In the winter my combination skin becomes drier and more sensitive so would require a more gentle fash wash, and this cleaner comes higly recommended. I am curently using retin a for acne and would also recommend this cleanser if you are also undergoing some kind of acne treatment, because the harsh products we use for acne should be balanced with a more gentle cleanser to prevent further irritation. I personally dont wear much makeup but for those who do, it would be a good idea to completely remove your makeup before using this cleanser. In addition to using this in the morning and night, I also exfoliate my skin once or twice a week using the Olay pro cleanser along with the brush system to remove dead skin and to help it better absorb serum, cream, etc.

on 1/16/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this today and have only used it once. I was a bit skeptical to buy it because of the mixed reviews here on MakeupAlley but decided to go for it. I used it just before getting out of the shower- it lathered up nicely and smelled clean and fresh, but not strong or overwhelming at all. My face felt clean. I have pretty oily skin on my face (but very dry everywhere else) and this cleanser was not greasy or oily at all. I also have pretty sensitive skin and I dread trying new products for fear of breaking out in a rash or breakout, but neither things happened. Overall, very impressed!

on 1/15/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

The name is true to its word, it is indeed extra gentle, it does not foam and it has the texture of a moisturiser and feels like you are applying a moisturiser on your face. It makes me feel like I am not getting a real good clean but that's why I rub it in real good to make sure it does. It rinses off very well so it doesn't leave a residue. After I cleanse i generally choose whether or not I want to moisturise, I can actually go without because this cleanser doesn't leave my skin feeling stiff/dry like most cleansers, instead it makes my skin feel supple and soft. 3/5 :)

on 12/17/2014 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have super sensitive, combination skin and this made me break out. I also had a ton of those tiny bumps under the skin. It's cheap and it seems to work for others, but unfortunately, it's going straight in the trash.

on 9/26/2014 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This dried out my skin and made it itchy, red and flakey. I think I am sensitive to the Chamomile in it as I have reacted to a Weleda product with Chamomile before. Contains parabens.

on 7/10/2014 3:29:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this product! It's so cheap and brilliant, and cleanses my skin super well! It makes my face feel 10 times cleaner than any other 'drugstore' cleanser I've used, and in conjunction with the Nutrogena Oil-Free Moisture for Combination skin it works wonders!
I have an oily nose and it doesn't help that at all, so I don't put it on my nose but other than that it's perfect! It removes medium/light coverage makeup and impurities, and doesn't cause breakouts! Would 110% recommend.

on 6/30/2014 11:00:00 PM

I use this in the mornings before applying my make up. I use all Neutrogena products and find that they are the only brand that doesn't upset my skin both pimple wise and irritation. Will purchase again. I don't use at night because it doesn't remove my make up. I use deep clean at night.

on 6/28/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This cleanser is the most gentle I ever found. I use it in the mornings only as it will not remove makeup and sunscreen so I used something else at night.

I love the way it makes my skin feel after using it and it does remove the little bit of oil that is on my face in the morning.

on 6/18/2014 9:11:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Oooh now this is nice for a cheap cleanser!!! Perfect for dry/sensitive skin, does exactly what it says on the bottle.