Cover Girl Professional Mascara

Price: $

Mascara

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

My favorite mascara! Has a very nice, light formula that's easy to build up with. It creates natural looking long lashes and is overall a great everyday mascara. It doesn't smudge or flake. The brush is fantastic, its curved very nicely and it makes it easy to get every lash.

on 4/15/2015 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought the new 3 in 1 so not sure if I'm in the exact right area, however, I think it may just be the newer version as there weren't any other of the older type tubes available at the Walmart or Targets I went to. This one is all circular (the top). Anyhow, this mascara was only about $5 & change & just fantastic! It thickens my lashes, keeps them curled, is light weight & packs on soooo much thickness, not sure about length as my lashes are already long (tho thin) so this is certainly what I need. One coat for a natural look, but 2coats & I get thickness. Only reason I take a lippie off is b/c of the toxic smell & fact that I know it will only last a few wks, maybe a month at most. Oh, & the "Very Black" is not that deep a black. I love the simple wand, packaging & fact it clicks to show it's truly shut. For only a few dollars @ Walmart (in Canada) it's worth a try.

on 3/20/2015 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Isn't this is a nice $5 surprise! I am loving CG mascaras at the moment, and on a whim tried this one, which was way down along the floorboards at the Rite-aid. There's nothing splashy about the blue tube or the packaging and I doubt you'll ever find it in a fancy cardboard display, but I really, really like this mascara! I would compare it to YSL's classic Faux Cils or Estee Lauder Sumptuous. It has a fairly large, full nylon brush and the formula is perfect in that it is not wet, not dry, so it goes on easily with really good separation and no clumping. It wears quite well with no flaking, which I particularly hate--so tacky! I am aiming for a natural look, so I like a mascara that achieves it with one coat but doesn't start to go Tammy Faye with a second one (i.e. big scary goopy lashes) when I want to turn up the volume. This really fits the bill. It has more oomph than Clinique Naturally Glossy, but is similarly user-friendly and it costs a whole lot less. The brown/black color definitely has enough brown in it for me, unlike some others which are basically muddy black. Check the bottom racks of your drugstore--there's a real gem of a mascara hiding down there!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I've been using the non-waterproof and straight brush version of this mascara since around May 2011. Prior to that, I never really found myself really happy with any of the mascaras I used. They were either too clumpy, gave me tarantula legs instead of lashes, did nothing, or made my eyes sting. I didn't expect this to be a very good mascara seeing how I wasn't a fan of the ever popular Lash Blast and this was at the bottom of the shelf and around $4-6.

I bought the non-waterproof, straight brush version in very black and it's EXCELLENT. Two coats define my lashes nicely and it stays on all day. Occasionally I'll also use two coats of the "super thick" version in the red tube or as the second coat to this one if I want a stronger look. I like to try try other mascaras and while they may be okay, or even nice, I like how this one looks and the price is more than reasonable.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was out of my Urban Decay mascara and couldnt afford to by another so I went to Walmart and for some reason grabbed this. I couldn't believe I would actually love this! It lengthened and created fullness the brush was nice and the formula was good. It worked better than my Urban Decay mascara! Im usually very picky but was very suprised!

on 11/22/2014 12:39:00 AM

This mascara is fabulous. Holds curl, applies easily, perfect consistency, and holds in place damn well. I have pretty long natural lashes, and this accentuates without making them look creepily spider-esque. I can't wait to start my second bottle!

on 9/6/2014 4:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

I have to add my voice to the chorus that loves this mascara. For some reason I have like 5 mascaras open at the moment (well, I have found myself away from home without mascara a LOT lately) and I keep reaching for this one.

It's more lengthening than thickening; thus, it's a more natural and less dramatic look. It comes in "very black" which makes me happy because that's the only color I buy. It just gives you a non-clumpy, non-spidery, non-messy "Professional" look. Looks especially good when you're wearing glasses. And it doesn't smudge or flake off. Cover Girl really does make good mascaras!

I bought this on clearance at CVS, so it was only about $3. Fantastic deal. (I doubt they're discontinuing it. I bet they're changing the packaging.)

on 8/6/2014 11:17:00 PM

I can't believe I love this mascara so much! I lost my coveted tube of Buxom one day and picked this up last minute on my way out (it was the ONLY mascara at the grocery store I stopped at). I needed something, and figured for $5, I'll survive one day with a cheap CG product. Now I'm on my third tube! I put it on this morning and by hour 16, still looked great! Never any flaking or irritation. Will repurchase!

on 6/13/2014 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Great results for $5! I donít like those thick huge rubber brushes which are in EVERY mascara now. They donít work for me and I prefer the old school regular mascara brush where you can get those little eyelashes and the bottom ones. I am a huge fan of the MF 2000 Calorie mascara which is long gone so I tried this one and itís very similar. The only difference is this lengthens more than it thickens but its still very effective. Although, I do prefer the CG Super Thick Lash (which IS the dupe for MF 2000 Calorie) to this one but it is still a great option. I canít understand why anyone would pay more than $5 to $10 for a mascara?

- Intense black color
- Great old school brush
- Affordable
- No smudges
- Lengthens
- Lashes stay soft

on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This really is an outstanding mascara! I remember using this mascara all the time when I was a teenager but then for some reason I started trying other brands and somewhere along the line I abandoned this one many years ago. I was feeling nostalgic the other day and decided to purchase this one and I have to say it's even better than I remembered!

The formula is not too wet but not overly dry and I prefer slightly drier formulas anyway especially for a more natural lash look. This mascara provides volume and length and is easily buildable for a more dramatic look so this mascara can easily go from daytime to evening simply by adding more coats. This mascara does not clump which is very important to me as I hate clumpy lashes. Another great thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl very well which is also very important to me in a mascara. This formula gives me beautiful fluttery lashes that are lengthened, separated, and defined. It may not be the most volumizing mascara in the world but it can definitely be built up for a slightly more dramatic look. I think this is a great everyday mascara and in my opinion out-performs most other mascaras out there both drug store and high end. I would definitely recommend it especially if you hate clumpy lashes that stick together and prefer a more defined look.