September 2, 2014 | 947 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Professional Mascara

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by FoodPants

I can't believe I love this mascara so much! I lost my coveted tube of Buxom one day and picked this up last minute on my way out (it was the ONLY mascara at the grocery store I stopped at). I needed something, and figured for $5, I'll survive one day with a cheap CG product. Now I'm on my third tube! I put it on this morning and by hour 16, still looked great! Never any flaking or irritation. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great results for $5! I donít like those thick huge rubber brushes which are in EVERY mascara now. They donít work for me and I prefer the old school regular mascara brush where you can get those little eyelashes and the bottom ones. I am a huge fan of the MF 2000 Calorie mascara which is long gone so I tried this one and itís very similar. The only difference is this lengthens more than it thickens but its still very effective. Although, I do prefer the CG Super Thick Lash (which IS the dupe for MF 2000 Calorie) to this one but it is still a great option. I canít understand why anyone would pay more than $5 to $10 for a mascara?

- Intense black color
- Great old school brush
- Affordable
- No smudges
- Lengthens
- Lashes stay soft

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by VerniePie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This really is an outstanding mascara! I remember using this mascara all the time when I was a teenager but then for some reason I started trying other brands and somewhere along the line I abandoned this one many years ago. I was feeling nostalgic the other day and decided to purchase this one and I have to say it's even better than I remembered!

The formula is not too wet but not overly dry and I prefer slightly drier formulas anyway especially for a more natural lash look. This mascara provides volume and length and is easily buildable for a more dramatic look so this mascara can easily go from daytime to evening simply by adding more coats. This mascara does not clump which is very important to me as I hate clumpy lashes. Another great thing about this mascara is that it holds a curl very well which is also very important to me in a mascara. This formula gives me beautiful fluttery lashes that are lengthened, separated, and defined. It may not be the most volumizing mascara in the world but it can definitely be built up for a slightly more dramatic look. I think this is a great everyday mascara and in my opinion out-performs most other mascaras out there both drug store and high end. I would definitely recommend it especially if you hate clumpy lashes that stick together and prefer a more defined look.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by jennarock11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a little hesitant to use this mascara at first, simply because I find other Cover Girl mascaras much too dry. But I must say, this is probably the best mascara I have ever used. The formula isn't too dry, it makes my lashes both thick and long (they're neither to begin with), and it stays on forevverrrrr! Literally. I was in a parade where I had to was out in the sun and 90 degree weather with no shade whatsoever, and this stuff didn't budge; I don't even wear any primers! I honestly can't even think of a downside to this mascara; it even holds a curl! I will most definitely buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 1:35:00 PM More reviews by leemitchell

This is my new mascara! I am in love with it. After years of searching for the perfect mascara from designer to discount brands, I have finally found the one. This makes my eyelashes very long, defined, and with lots of volume. It's everything I could ask for in a mascara.

I will add, however, that I am very fortunate to have long, thick eyelashes naturally. So, I'm not sure how much of it is the mascara and how much of it is my genetic jackpot in this area! That said, this has emphasized this trait of my face so that it looks like I'm wearing false lashes (in a good way).

For the price, it doesn't hurt to give it a try. It's not going to break the bank.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to give this a try after having used Super Thick Lash forever, and I prefer STL to this mascara, but it's still good.

This mascara isn't dramatic, but it does produce very feathery, separated, smooth lashes. It doesn't droop curled lashes, smudge, transfer to my upper lids, or leave a black mess around my eyes after I wash my face. It's not clumpy, spidery, or fibrous and tacky on the lashes.

The only reason I like Super Thick Lash better is that it's more dramatic, and it creates a thick, dramatic, dark lash quickly. You have to really take some time to build up your lashes with Professional (blue tube), and it still doesn't create huge, dramatic lashes.

However, if you want a soft, fluttery, natural lash, check into this mascara. Also, it does not seem to dry out as quickly as STL, so that may be a plus to consider.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2013 10:50:00 AM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After trying about 2 dozen mascaras from very high end to dirt cheap drugstore brands 2 summers ago, I have finally found THE ONE!

First let me tell you, I'm an awful mascara perfectionist, I look for very long, very separated, clump free lashes that are perfectly defined, I have shortish soft and thin lashes naturally and the most sensitive, watery and redness prone eyes. I get watery eyes almost everyday, may it be pollens, perfume, makeup or simply the wind blowing. So I bought this mascara in waterproof, first like I usually do, (but read on for washable) All mascaras non waterproof, and even some that are waterproof end up on my dark circles after an hour or two making them darker. But I fell in love with this one, very waterproof, completely and utterly beautiful lashes, and people always think I'm wearing falsies because my lashes suddenly look so long and separated. I always curl before applying, then apply 2-3 coats and this stays curled and never flakey all day everyday.

The downside for me is this isn't available where I live in Germany but thank gods for eBay I order it from US or the Netherlands. And one time I accidentally ordered the non-waterproof smudge free version, this is almost as good, and it is the first washable mascara I can use without looking like Alice Cooper within 2 hours, believe me I've tried over 50 mascaras in my 20 years of making up. So to all the girls out there who are still looking for their HG, I sincerely recommend this, give it a try, because it is inexpensive and you have nothing to lose when buying this, but everything to gain because it is absolutely divine, and I think you will agree :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by smsbell

I have been using this for a few years now. Mascara is my one make up product I cannot live without. If I have no time at all to put on my makeup, I can put on mascara and it wakes my whole face up. My eyelashes are already long and curved but tipped in blonde so they tend to disappear on my face. Mascara is an instant make over for me. That being said, I've tried them all, from the cheap to the uber expensive. I believe you get what you pay for with many things, but mascara isn't one of them. This stuff works just as good if not better than most of the expensive brands I've tried. It goes on thick without having to apply multiple layers, it doesn't clump, it doesn't flake off into my eyes during the day, and it doesn't seem to dry my lashes out and make them break or fall out. I get compliments on my eyes when I wear this. Mascara is one of those things that really seems to depend on the person and their lash type, but this is so cheap it is worth a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by xorebeccaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been suckered into buying almost every type of mascara, and I constantly find myself coming back to this one. I absolutely love this. I usually buy the one with the curved brush in black and it works WONDERS. At my local Walmart it is only $4 which is a steal. It adds crazy length and volume to my eyelashes. If I do a couple coats using this mascara it looks like I have falsies on. Tons of people comment me on my lashes when I use this mascara. The packaging isn't fancy, but I don't really care how it looks. It could have the prettiest packaging, but if it doesn't work then it isn't worth it. This mascara is absolutely incredible. I love this stuff and for the price it is definitely an amazing deal. I constantly repurchase this stuff and will continue to repurchase it until they stop making/selling it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by EternalMyrtle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried numerous mascaras in my life --both high end and low end--and this is as good as any and better than most. My honest opinion is that mascara is one cosmetic in which a solid drugstore product can truly compete with the higher-end products. You can pay $5 or $30 and your lashes will look essentially the same. That's $25 that could have been better spent. I am sure some would argue this but this has been my experience.

Anyway, back to the mascara...

It does not clump, applies evenly and can be layered. Somehow my lashes are still soft after use (instead of hard and sticky). It makes them nice and black, fuller, more separated and longer. It does not irritate my eyes. It does not goop up and end up in my eyeball. The wand is the perfect size.

I am going to try Maybelline Rocket Volume next but if I don't like it, I will be going back to this one.