August 21, 2014 | 1489 users online

Eye Primer - Lumene - Beauty Base Eye Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:20:00 AM More reviews by alinva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

A bit difficult to take the last bit out, but keeps shadows from running to the crease, at the end of the day it still as freshly applied as in the morning. Also, it brightens an eyelid a bit, like covered with some brightener.
Lasts very long, love it. Will definitely buy again and advice for others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a rather dry eye shadow primer, more of a concealer/cream texture than it is a lotion. This means that it is a bit more difficult to blend than the famous UDPP and TFSI without pulling on the lid and especially if you use too much. The trick to it is to just take a pinprick on your little finger (my ring finger is too big for the task) and then dot the small amount on before patting it on rather than using strokes.

I have rather oily, hooded eye lids so I really need a primer that does its job well, and not only stops creasing but simply make sure the eye shadow doesn't budge at all. This does the trick more than well. I've worn it for whole days, out and about, during hot and sweaty summer days that make my whole face oily, but my eye shadow stays put.

This is my new HG eye shadow primer. The simple reason? It is all that a staple should be. Good packaging and a reliable product for a fair price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2012 7:59:00 AM More reviews by dashcrabtree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'd never had luck with eyeshadows or kohl liners because even though my skin overall is flaky, itchy, crypt-dry, my eyelids are oily even a few minutes after washing my face. The Lumene base is the first of their products that I've ever tried (it was just the cheapest primer in the store, to be honest) but I'm pretty happy with it. I have to be careful to put only the tiniest little amount on each eyelid (it's seriously a weirdly small amount -- like a pinprick) or it gets really dry and built up and it's hard to get the next product on. If I put it on correctly, my eye makeup stays basically all day (about 7 hours) and never becomes quite the disaster it used to even then. I will definitely keep buying this!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by nettaOY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I think this primer is ok, makes the shadows quite vibrant and I like the packaging. I have oily lids, so I really need something good to prime my lids. This makes the eye makeup last around 3 h before it starts creasing. After like 8 hours of wear, my eyeshadow has creased totally.
I find the Urban Decay Primer Potion much better than this one.
I think this would be good for people with normal to dry skin, but not for people with oily skin like me.
Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by phitius

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was once a huge fan of UDPP until I discovered how much product was left inside the tube.

This base is just as good, costs less and is less of a hassle to deal with when it comes to getting all the product out of the tube.

This creamy product is a little thicker than UDPP, but spreads easily with fingertips. A little goes a long way.

I've been using this for so long now I should probably consider it an HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by divinei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this shadow primer. Unfortunately, I found it just after it was discontinued at CVS, so I had to resort to buying it on Ebayor Amazon. *sigh* Target does carry some Lumene products, but not this one.

This is a slightly thicker consistency than UDPP, but I like the texture and the packaging very much. After I put it on I give it a few minutes to dry while applying other makeup and then put on my shadow.

I will be very sad when I can no longer locate this online. Its such a great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up at CVS and was hoping it would be a cheaper alternative to TFSI or Lorac, which I love. While the easy availability and price and packaging are nice, this unfortunately creases on me after about 7-8 hours. It's nice for evening out the skin on the eyelid because its a light flesh tone, I just need something that still looks fresh by the end of day. I have oily lids, so this might work well for someone with more dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by babycakezamaze

im in love with this base...i got mines online for like $1.49 each. i know they cost more those for about $10 or so. it is long lasting and does crease but after a whole day which is excellent! you wont need is all 24 hours. but yea i would buy this product again if i ever find it for that price. better than all the primers i tried

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my absolutely favorite eye shadow base after UDPP and before Shadow Insurance. I would have continued buying Lumene, but itís difficult to find, even online. Lumene is soft and blends right into my skin. It grabs the eye shadows and holds on to them all day long. This product lasted a long time. Packacking is nice, I like bases in tubes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Saga17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It was hard to decide if I should give this a 3 or a 4.. But I decided in 4 because I feel it does what it's supposed to do. HOWEVER, my eyeshadow does crease with this product at the end of a workday. This is actually the first eye shadow primer I've tried so it's hard to judge. This tube has lasted me for almost 2 years now with everyday use, and still has half left! That's like amazing! Overall, I will use for as long as I don't have anything better.