November 23, 2014 | 1565 users online

Blush - Bobbi Brown - Powder Blush - Desert Rose

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 4:17:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well, I called BB and talked with a sales rep. I have brown hair, hazel eyes, fair skin with neutral undertones, do not wear foundation (only a bit of concealer) and prefer a very natural look.

DESERT ROSE was THE answer, and I have to say the sales gal was spot on. She told me to blend down my face (us older gals typically don't do this), and I also use it like a bronzer moving up and around my face. It looks subtle, and blends the redness in my skin and makes a natural glow without feeling like a heavy powder.

This is a "go to" product as it allows my redness in my face to stay as is, I use concealer under eyes and around my nose, and then blend with this gorgeous blush / bronzer. I add a touch of a brighter color to pop on my lids. I will also use this color as an accent on my eyes, to blend with a bland eye shadow

Its a customer fav, so WHY IS IT DISCONTINUED ?

Good for me, I have several stacked up in my make up area, and I don't wear make up daily so it will last a few years until I find a substitute

With so many that LOVE the desert rose color, why is it discontinued ?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am NC20, Fair, warm skinned chinese girl. I have an obsession with blushes because I like making my face look healthy and more colored. I used to try to like shimmery blushes like the much talked about NARS Orgasm, but after years I realized that it gives me too much radiance to my already radiant (or, oily) skin. I started lusting after matte blushes that wasn't red or pink (I am prone to have redness on my face) If I were to choose blush, I would choose a peachy-pink instead or something else.

I LOVE my Shiseido Petal, which is pinky-peach, but then I was looking for a more sophisticated, natural, but warm blush that would make me look very healthy. Desert Rose is it. The SA in BB tried this on me and I fell in love, it's SO flattering on warm skintones and it doesn't look like you are wearing makeup, the blush MELTS into skin (blending well) instead of sitting on top like the MAC blushes I own. (No more MAC blushes for me!!!)

Bottom line: If you are oily and warm fair-skinned and love matte blushes, you need this, and shiseido petal.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by aprilg23

This is my all time favourite blush, for reference I'm nc25-nc30. The blush is quite small and extremely expensive in NZ ($79) but it lasts and lasts. The colour is a gorgeous matte and very natural mauvey pink which goes with everything. Desert Rose manages to brighten my face up and give me a pretty flush and I think it would look lovely on paler skin too. I also think it would compliment berry or purple based lipsticks like MAC Plumful and Rebel very well. Pigmentation is good, packaging is sturdy and this does not break me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 6:33:00 AM More reviews by LondonKazza

This is a lovely blush. I have a very pale complexion and find that this is a perfect blush for everyday use. I tend to wear a more peach coloured blush at the weekends but I love this one for the weekdays. Its a very pretty colour. I have taken one point off as it doesn't last the whole day but then I am lazy and should reapply!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by princessplumjade

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For reference, I wear BB "Warm Ivory" foundation, am Latina, and have very fair "lukewarm" olive complexion. I also have some redness from rosacea. My coloring is the type where I usually need a warm-toned yellow foundation but cool-toned cosmetics (red, pink, mauve, plum cool beige or taupe) to look healthy and attractive.

Extremely dissatisfied with this product and with poor customer service. I went to the BB counter looking for a nice matte pink blush. The SA got all "professional" with me, insisting I'd look better in Tawny "to help neutralize the redness" in my cheeks.

Tawny looked horrible, very bronze and unnatural. Again, I requested a cooler, rosier blush. The SA held up the Desert Rose against the Tawny and insisted I shouldn't go any cooler than that. Compared to Tawny, Desert Rose looks pink so I bought it.

Desert Rose makes me look worse than sunburnt. Instead it looks like FAKE BRUSHED-ON SUNBURN! More a brownish-pinky-peach than anything else. It appears to be good quality with a nice matte finish, but the lovely natural matte effect is ruined by the obvious unnatural color. The only way to make it suitable is to layer a cooler pink or plum blush on top of it to "cool" the color down. I dislike layering products and I feel strongly I didn't get my $'s worth. BB cosmetics are too expensive to waste $ on unflattering, unwearable colors.

At home, I contacted the on-line MUA at bobbibrowncosmetics.com and explained the problem. Instead of offering me any type of assistance to exchange the product for a true pink blush, the MUA suggested I purchase bronzer -- and GLITTERY BRONZER at that -- "to help warm up" my complexion to better suit the blush. I am in my forties, I don't like bronzer, and have no intention of buying/wearing bronzer. I explained to the MUA multiple times I was uninterested in a makeup look featuring bronzed skin with sunburned blush and I wanted a true pink blush. The MUA insisted the bronzer was the way to go.

Q: Why do I pay more $ for expensive, department store cosmetics?

A: I'm paying for service and assistance. No department store makeup line has any products meriting their inflated costs. What justifies the expense is access to expertise and assistance. If the SA's are determined to disregard my specific requests for particular colors of makeup and insist on selling me things I dislike, I may as well not shop there.

BB has lost all my interest at this point. Following this unpleasant experience, I visited the NYX cosmetics website and purchased several lovely blushes in beautiful, rosy pink and mauve. In future I will be sampling the Laura Mercier foundation line.

The Desert Rose blush is a great choice for people with distinctly warm coloring. If the blush gives you a sallow (yellowy) appearance, or looks like a burn or a rash, it's not right for you.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by bellaw13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

THis is a really great colour complements skin tone and is nice and light not too over the top. I wear it for a subtle rosy hint of colour. Really lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by phxgirl

I love Desert Rose! I wear it daily. It's just the perfect blush on my fair skin, doesn't turn orange or brown. I can apply it lightly or layer for more color. I will gladly pay the price because it lasts FOREVER. It's matte but blends beautifully. LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

My favourite! The colour is just right. Lasts all day. The best blush in the world for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Vittoriak

It is my favourite favourite favourite blush! Personally, I prefer matte blushes but sometimes they are just not pigmented enough (especially Bourjois!). But this one is extremely pigmented, comparable to NARS. The colour gives me (NC20/25) the most natural blush and makes me look healthy. I always reach for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by tempalina

This is one of my all-time favorite blushes. Everytime I wear it, I always get compliments about how good my skin looks. It meshes well with my skin tone (NC35) and blends in perfectly. All I wish is that it comes in a bigger container. Def repurchase =)