December 18, 2014 | 1245 users online

Mascara - Wet 'n' Wild - MegaWink mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2013 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kbrown91

i mostly bought this macara on a whim,just to see if it worked but it sucked the mascar was all over the applicator.And even if i wiped it off it went on unevenly.i wasn't impressed with this at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by gleekie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Never again...I thought maybe I'd find a new HG in this mascara because my current holy grail mascaras (almay intense I-color and NYX doll eye long lash) are sooo expensive for tightwad me ($6 and $9 respectively-the horror!)
I hoped this mascara would make up for its failures of relatives (megapump, megalength.) this is the EXACT same as megaplump! Different brush, cuter tube but wow. Still got the ant-look and plastic lashes. Looks like 3 tentacles on my lids. And when I dropped this container on the floor, it BROKE in HALF. that has never happened to me before and I've dropped a physicians formula jumbo lash down the hardwood stairs. Black liquid got on the hardwood, ugh. Just disgusting. Family reunion in my garbage can for these mascaras

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by elliesky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dear all the lovely people of MUA,

This is for all of my straight-lashed sisters who can't find a washable formula to hold a curl to save their lives.

I have at long last discovered the one washable mascara that holds the curl of my Asian lashes AND is dirt cheap! Oh good heavens, where have you been all this time my sweet?! I spent the last 7 years of my life using very effective waterproof formulas to hold my curl, yet the removal! Ugh...the removal makes me want to just ram my head into a wall repeatedly. Really, ripping out one's own lashes is more befitting of a medieval torture than a daily beauty routine. Now I am not saying I'm giving up my HGs (over my dead body): Heroine Make mascara and Majorca Majolica mascara , but it does mean I'm saving them for special occasions.

The thing is I use megawink in conjunction with my Majorca Majolica base. I think it holds my curls a bit better when I do that. The key point is to wipe the wand on a piece of napkin before using it so the excess won't weigh down the curl. Then you swipe it on after the base (the base should not weigh down the curl or else it's too wet...). The next key step is that I use my curler as my mascara guard, meaning I crimp the lashes and leave the curler there while I swipe the mascara through the lashes against the metal plate of the curler. That way, I turn my curler into a mascara guard WHILE fixing my curls at the same time. This way it reduces clumping, while defining and slightly volumizes the lashes without using a lash comb. Cool, huh?
Your eyes may water a bit at first but once you get used to it, there's really not much of a discomfort.
After that's done, you may want to curl again after it dries (bad habit I know but it's nearly a must with Asian lashes) and it dries quickly and thoroughly. This is the main reason why I chose Megawink as my staple over Jordana since Jordana takes much longer to dry due to its wetter formula, which makes that final curling step take forever...
But, the best thing is that once Megawink dries it will maintain the curl for at least a couple of hours (be realistic, a couple of hours is godsend for a washable already) and once it dries initially you can swipe another mascara on top for maximum length. I wipe down the Jordana and apply it over the tips of Megawink to give me extra oomph and length. Perfect combo for doll lashes.

The end result is a very natural effect, but now I've got my curls, length, and a bit of volume. I returned my Lancome Virtuouse after this baby, because even with the same technique Virtuouse kills the curls quicker than this mascara by 1.5 hours...which defeats the purpose completely. Boo $26 wasted!

Now, why did I take off a star after lauding this mascara for all of its wonders? The reason may get me in trouble with some people, nonetheless I believe I should share it in all fairness. On the body of the tube there lays the inscription: [Made in China]. Yes, that's the main reason why. Don't kill me. I won't go into the specific reasons, but I'm just letting people know so they understand what they're getting into, or not. For me, it's a risk I'm willing to take with my eyes if it means it's washable. Haha! So, I guess I'm supporting it? For now, so far so good. We'll see.

Sincerely,
Ellie sky

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by stephaniewu

I actually love this mascara and for it's price, I love it even more. It's like 4 bucks. Doesn't clump much and really makes my eyes pop :) Great for everyday-wear

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by melinda_

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this! It makes my eyelashes curled. The other mascaras I was using were making my eyelashes stick out straight even after I curled them. This gives me a curl even without the curler, not great but they don't stick straight out. With the curler, they are very curled.

I love the brush. It reminds me of the older wands that mimic the shape of your eye. I'm able to get into the innermost lashes with it and without titling the wand.

For reference, I have long eyelashes that need color (they're blonde). The curl is nice too.

Can't beat the price! I paid about $2.50!!

EDIT: 12/17 - I'm still wearing this and I love it even more. It doesn't smudge or flake on me and it's much better than what I was wearing before (Lash Stiletto which did flake and didn't curl my lashes). My only beef is that it's too black. I want to see if they have a brown/black.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by carefreedv

I got this in a BOGO while at CVS and for a buck fifty and change it performed quite well. I have longish Asian lashes and for it to hold my curl and add some volume it's pretty good.

Color/smell: Pretty black and had not horrible odor like Maybelline Colossal
Curl?; I held onto my curl and it did a bit of wilting but nothing so bad as the Mega Length. Probably because the formula was less wet.
Volume?: It actually gave some volume ... nothing crazy but still noticeable.
Length: It lengthens better than the Mega Length in my opinion. Pretty Good separation too.

Overall pretty surprised it performed so well. I reminded me of a little like Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes in the way it separated my lashes and Maybelline Stiletto Volume in the way it lengthened.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by zero131nh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This mascara is actually very good. It does what it claims. My lashes are quite curl-resistant, but this mascara really curls and defines them beautifully. It helps my eyes looking bigger and brighter. It does not smudge much. The smudging is very unnoticeable. That's why I am able to use it for the lower lashes. Many other mascaras and eyeliners smudge terribly on me. It stays quite well, and is easy to wash off. I love Wet n Wild. Their products are so cheap yet so usable. The tube looks no fancy or anything. It's just a simple black plastic tube, kind of simple and ugly if you ask me. But who cares anyway, as long as the product works. They have to cut off their spend on fancy packaging to bring us high quality products, so I don't want to complain too much. The wand is normal size. The bristles are a little short. You have to spend time a bit on each eyes to get the look you want. The formula is not too wet or too dry, and it gives me enough time to play with my lashes. For some reason my local Walgreens doesn't carry this anymore. I hope that they are not discontinuing it. I would buy it again when it's on sale. It's so cheap even with the normal price though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great basic mascara. I'm pleased with the curved wand, the formula, color, everything. I wear this to work and it looks professional, pretty but not OTT. This mascara doesn't flake or smudge. The lashes are easy to separate and you can get decent length and volume. There is nothing to lose with this. It is nothing super special but its better than many mascaras I've tried and it comes with such a small price tag, its definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 6:19:00 PM More reviews by malem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of my very first mascaras ever. I got it as a gift, looking at other reviews, I understand its pretty cheap.
I remember it as an OK mascara, nothing out of this world until the packaging broke and the mascara started drying out. This is of course my fault as I think I accidentally stepped on it with my heels on (and almost had a major accident because of it)!
I do have naturally long lashes and what this mascara did was alright, my lashes did stay nice and curled but they were rather stiff and sometimes a bit flaky. I can't say this was down to my own application but I'd prefer my lashes to look a bit and feel flexible and light (don't know if it makes sense). I did find the brush a bit on the small side so I did have to apply several times to cover all angles of my lashes.
Anyway, I can't see why I wouldn't buy it again. It's not under my must-have products as I think there are other, better mascaras out there.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2009 4:07:00 PM More reviews by ShareenaDean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

if there's one more option in "would you buy this product again?" I would put it as "probably" cause probably I would buy it again. It is not bad though it does not give you volume nor length. It just ordinary mascara. =)