August 1, 2014 | 1237 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Parthena - Daisy Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2005 4:58:00 PM More reviews by dachua

The co-owner of Parthena now has his own company called Skinn, and the daisy gel is repackaged as 'orchid gel'. It will ball up if you don't use a makeup sponge--in fact, he always uses one in demos. I find that it mattifys beautifully, but the effects only last an hour or two, then you are more oily than when you started. Try it over makeup, applied on nose and cheeks and forehead only.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2005 8:07:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I got a sample from a sweet MUA-er in a swap. I'm combo-oily and very oily now that it's hot and humid here. This is a really unique product--it's a blubbery purple gel (more solid and dry than wet and goopy) that you apply as a primer before m/u. It's supposed to mattify and can be used in the place of powder, but I didn't trust it, so I did my usual powder routine after applying tinted moisturizer over this. The gel itself feels powdery--that's the only way I can describe it. When I rubbed it into my face, I could feel the powder on my fingertips. Kinda fun, actually. However, the gel didn't absorb all that well and kinda balled up on me. I had to use a powder brush to dust off the residue.

Face was nice and smooth and matte afterwards, though this didn't really lessen the amount of oiliness. But then, I haven't yet found anything that actually controls oil (a lot of mattifiers tend to just make me look slightly less shiny, though I have just as much oil on my face). Light, inoffensive fragrance. Worth trying a sample just for novelty value. This might work better if you're less oily than I am and during the cooler months (although I need one that works now, damnit!)

Slightly O/T: I think I'm going to go crazy tomorrow morning and layer every mattifier I own (about 4) onto my face! Ack, I can't wait for the autumn.

ETA: I think this made me break out :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2004 6:47:00 PM More reviews by carolyn8756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is supposed to matify, but it made me very shiny. Would probably work well as a foundation primer instead. Mainly silicone.