October 21, 2014 | 1414 users online

Pressed Powders - Aloette - Translucent Veil

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by hamiltonchicky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this as a freebie on the Shopping channel.

Came in a compact with mirror, little brush and magnetic pan to change out if needed.

I keep in my purse for oily spot touch up during the day. Not a bad product, nice to have but not a must have for powders. Would use if given as freebie again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2005 12:25:00 PM More reviews by walljoy

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful powder. I am not typically a 'powder user' but I bought this as part of a kit through Shop at Home. I was aware of the nourishing anti-oxidant and other anti-aging ingredients in this and thought, depending upon the actual color, I could use this for light touch ups over my blush. I like the way this was presented on TV as the hostess made it seem so elegant. I also love the name of this stuff...it provides a unique appeal and peaks my interest a bit. It turns out that this powder is a wonderful color for me (sort of a fair, natural tone) and I use it to sort of stabilize or protect my blush artistry job a bit after applying to my cheeks. I lightly sweep this on and use so very little but I notice it does a nice job of toning down and evening out my blush job. I do not use this as an 'all-over' for the face as I do not want to clog my pores in sensitive areas as I am so highly acne-prone. I do not wear foundation either and strive to keep my skin at a level where I do not have to resort to using it...I found, through lots of experience in my younger years, that foundation is always obvious (regardless of how sheer it claims to be) and it really chews my face up. This transluscent veil is a lovely powder and is compacted in a nice, decent size pan and sweeps up readily for application. I use my own brushes for application so I can't comment on the brush that comes in the compact. Overall, nice product and it coming from Aloette I trust its user-friendly ingredients!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 7:39:00 AM More reviews by eposton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a HG for me. I have found that if I use my Flawless serum, I just swipe this powder over and there is no need for foundation A++++++

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2004 6:16:00 PM More reviews by carolyn8756

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is not translucent, but rather very orangy. Paula says it had formaldehyde in it, which turned me off immediately. It's also fairly shiny. Not good in a powder.