December 18, 2014 | 1782 users online

Liquid - Linda Cantello - Forget Foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2004 12:02:00 AM More reviews by divafx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As a makeup artist, I'd heard a lot about this line. This line is probably one of the most hyped lines out there. To be honest I don't understand what the hype is about. I hated this foundation. It's been a long time since I could say I hated a foundation but I hated this one! The color selection was poor and every single foundation had a freakishly orange or pink undertone. I've never seen anyone with tang orange skin and i've never seen anyone with pepto bismo pink skin but let me tell you that this stuff looks hideous in photos! The name is very appropriate, "forget foundation", I'd like to forget I ever wasted money on this product. The only good thing I can say about this foundation is that the ingredient list has no known pore cloggers. Okay that's it, that's the only nice thing I can say. It's overpriced and looks fake and masky on the skin. It does nothing it says it does and everything it says it doesn't. I'm horrified that people buy this! If i could give it a negative one I would! For a makeup artist line, Linda Cantello has definitely missed more than her share of color theory classes when she designed this line. What was she thinking??

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2004 5:46:00 PM More reviews by whyujin

Incredible foundation for a no-makeup natural finish. I love the light mousse-like texture of this. It looks abit dark in the jar (which I'd prefer as a pump ofcourse ugh~) but shade 2 just sinks right into my light Asian skin. The finish is a bit matte, and tends to be dryish...so make sure to moisturize well before application. This is better for summer since it is sooo light (I swear it must have sillicones or something...because though it is a bit thick to the touch...when I put in on, it's weightless and gives a sillicone-tic glowy finish) Will buy again, but I don't think it'll be any time soon...since I just use a very small amount.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Elyse

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a sucker for unique textures. This is a creme to powder foundation, whipped up into a jar. Very unique. Coverage is good, medium. But it does accentuate flakes, and there are not a lot of color choices. Also the smell is a bit off. It doesn't make me oily, though. Overall I am glad I got the chance to try this, but I am disappointed that I purchased it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 11:57:00 AM More reviews by lfulton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Some of the previous reviews are confusing....the Forget Foundation that I have is in a jar. I use a foundation brush to put it on and it is flawless. I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION! It dries down to a powder finish and the #1 is a perfect match for me....though I can see how there might not be enough color selection. I thought it was extremely inexpensive ($35) and a little goes a long way. I can't imagine that I will ever run out but when I do I will definately repurchase...although it is hard to find. *****UPDATE HAVE NOW PURCHASED THIS IN #2 B/C I'VE BEEN TANNING A LITTLE (I KNOW....BAD!) STILL LOVING THIS...THOUGH HAVE DECIDED IT WORKS BETTER WHEN APPLIED WITH A MAKEUP SPONGE RATHER THAN FOUNDATION BRUSH!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2003 9:56:00 AM More reviews by tokyorose

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's interesting to see how opinions are sharply divided on this product--I personally love this foundation, but I can see how it won't work for certain skin types. So let me start with the drawbacks: first of all, the color selection is quite limited, so if you don't fall within the fair end of the spectrum you will be out of luck. Second, this foundation really does not work for dry skin--it will accentuate every flake. If you have dry skin, I suggest you take a look at other lines (particularly Chantecaille's Future Skin). Finally, I don't think this foundation works well for "full face" coverage, if that makes any sense--it can seem a little heavy and
mask-like if you attempt to apply it thickly all over. Now for the positives: if you get the hang of the application and have the appropriate skin color/type to wear it, this product can really fake perfect skin. I am always amazed at how great I look when I use this foundation (and I don't have great skin to start with). I start with tinted moisturizer all over my face--I use the Linda Cantello one most of the time, which has slightly more coverage than most. I then go over any red spots, visible pores or acne scars with this foundation--when blended, it really covers everything while looking amazingly natural (it even looks great in stark daylight). The result is natural-looking coverage that lets the skin show through, while completely--and I mean completely--hiding any trouble spots. The texture is light and mousse-like and it just melts into the skin. I have normal/oily combo skin and I find that this foundation definitely works best on me in hot weather, when I get oilier. Finally, I just want to note that I have repurchased this foundation several times and it now comes in a pot (not a pump dispenser), which I think renders the criticisms of the packaging moot. Of course that makes it less sanitary...but that's another issue. The bottom line is that this is one of those products that you should probably try before you buy...and remember that less is more in the application.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2003 10:30:00 AM More reviews by Kurt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation sux. It sits on my pores and lines and makes my imperfections e.g. pores, whiteheads etc stood out even more in fact it literally emphasis and exaggerates every single flaw on my face. Its like wearing a mask painted with all the imperfection on ur face even applied with minimum amount. And its sooooooooo dry, and tends to turn dark within 2 hours after application. Man I've never came across such a NASTY, OVERATED foundation. Don't ever buy it, I regret sooooo much since its not cheap at all I've stick with it for 2 months since I don't want to waste it, but I had enough I just can't stand it anymore I've to hunt for a new foundation, I'm planning to buy Paul and Joe liquid foundation, its cheaper and I've heards tons of really good raves about it hope it'll work on me **fingers crossed**

For those who have oily or hardcore oily skin, this foundation might work on you, provided that you have good skin. Despite all the nasty stuffs it does have really good staying power doesn't streak or whatsoever. Blending is a challenge and is best with a sponge. And don't apply on lines or any dry patches/areas since it'll sit on them and dry them out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2002 1:28:00 PM More reviews by McFarmGirl

I am glad to discover that I am not the only person on the planet that thinks the Linda Cantello line is completely overrated. I hated this foundation, and am kicking myself for my more-extravagant-than-usual foolhardiness. I have to agree with every negative comment I have read here about it--it was too hard to find, too expensive, too hard to get out of the pump, and too hard to get the right coverage. I have an oily forehead (in the summer) and dry cheeks, and it didn't look right in either place. It accentuated every pore and flaw, no matter what method I tried to apply it. I will chalk this up to a lesson learned (again)--don't believe everything you hear.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2002 7:13:00 PM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the great review in Cosmetic Connection. I bought the brush as well, but found that it was easier to apply w/o the brush. At any rate, it seemed to exaggerate my dry skin and sort of sat on top of my skin rather than blend in. Also, it did not last throughout the day - it slid right off my skin. The pump was a waste of time - the tube attached to it only went down about half an inch, so when you use up a quarter of the bottle, the pump no longer works and you have to scoop it out. Very disappointed - won't buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2002 7:41:00 PM More reviews by blyss

This has to be my second favourite foundation. This is a demi-matte medium finish foundation. I personally love the colours and how it matches my yellow-based skin tone. I found that made my skin quite even and did not accentuate any pores. I also found that it was VERY quick to absorb (huge rave!) and so it was not greasy or cakey. I have combination oily skin and this was perfectly fine for this.
__________
I wanted to update this. I downgraded it to a 3 because I found it left a chalky feeling after 8 hours of wear. I usually don't do that but for a formal night, this just 'clumped' on my face and it felt heavy. Possibly with the oil on my face, it finally gave up for absorbing all that oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2002 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Jenny

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

PROS: lasted most of day, powdery finish, medium coverage but still looks natural, pump bottle keeps product fresh;
CONS: need to prep skin with moisturizer first, need to blend quickly, may emphasize dry skin flakes and large pores, only four shades;
COMMENTS: more creamlike than gel/liquid, contains silicone to provide slip