I can understand why this product got negative reviews. This is a conditioner for very specific hair and scalp types. Also, this is not a daily conditioner (if you do wash your hair everyday, which I don't recommend!).
disclaimer: I have normal-oily, asian-straight and colored hair.
- I knew it when I bought this that this would be more of a treatment for my hair and scalp. I wash my hair every 2-3 days. When I use "normal-everyday" conditioners after 3 days of not washing my hair, I don't get the feeling of a completely clean scalp and hair strands. I can slightly feel the gunk still stuck.
- I use this once a week only, when my head and hair feel the most dirtiest.
- Since I don't wash my hair everyday, I get a bump here and there on my scalp from all the product build-up, which I now find normal. This conditioner really CLEANED my hair and cleansed my scalp. The tea tree really helps the scalp be rejuvenated and fresh.
- I didn't expect this conditioner to do wonders for my ends because with the ingredients, I knew it was going to be a bit drying. I did feel that this detangled my hair, but it didnt make my ends feel a lot softer.
- Although you will find that in the shower after you rinse this out, your ends dont feel silky soft, as long as you use a good leave-in conditioner and some type of oil, your hair will feel brand new once blow-dryed
most conditioners make my hair greasy or weigh it down, but this one makes it so light and soft! I love the smell, too. just wish it wasn't so darn expensive because I love the shampoo also...
Did not like this conditioner at all! It weighed my hair down and left the tangles hard and matted. Never use it again!
I tried this out for maybe 2 weeks and just couldn't use it any longer. My scalp is oily and sensitive, but my actual hair is dry, color-treated (hi-lights), and damaged. This conditioner provided absolutely no moisture at all, instead it made my hair even more dry and brittle. The individual hairs are fine, but I have a lot of hair. Most stylists say to me "Gosh, your hair is thick." Needless to say, I took this conditioner back and got something else that was better for my hair type. This may work for some people, but it definitely doesn't work for me. I hope this helped.
Strong medicine mint smell. Left my fine hair greasy and weighed down. Like I had alot of product in it. Returned it after 3 uses.
The matching shampoo for this conditioner is terrible & overly drying. However, I didn't find it as necessary to bash this conditioner because it wasn't nearly as bad as the shampoo. I still will not buy this shampoo & conditioner ever again. This conditioner has absoloutley no moisture in it whatsoever (which is kind of the point of using conditioner). I guess it wasn't meant to be. I love the smell though.
I use this after the shampoo and i find it really conditionning without making my hair greasy. Its my favorite conditionner of the moment the only thing i don't like about it and i know its gonna sound very weird is that it kinda smells horsey... i don't know if its just me but as a horseback rider i cant help but be reminded of a stable when i use it. thankfully the shampoo's smell is much stronger and when i sniff my hair after it will be minty. but really, you should try it
Though I love the Tea Tree shampoo, the conditioner is useless unless you have fine, oily hair. As I have the exact opposite, this gave me absolutely no moisture at all.
Perfect lightweight conditioner! My hair is fine and I can't use anything too heavy or it really weighs it down. This conditioner is super light, rectangles my hair, and leaves it soft and bouncy. I love it <3
I used this with the tea tree invigorating shampoo. This is definitely not the most conditioning conditioner i've used, however it helped fight my dandruff!
I had tried all sorts of dandruff shampoos, and the tea tree combo got rid of mine the best. My DH also uses this when his dandruff starts to get bad and he loves it.
the smell is strong, makes the whole house smell like mint, which i don't mind.... but i could see some minding.
I would buy it again