October 25, 2014 | 1608 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Avon Anew Ultimate Creme

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by shopgirl77

I use this everyday. Just makes my skin glow! Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 3:01:00 PM More reviews by JVO86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased Avon's Anew Ultimate Day Cream (SPF 25), along with the line's Gold Emulsion Night Cream, at the end of this summer. Three solid months of sun, salt, and late night partying took their toll and I once again found my skin in the weathered state it always reaches by late August. Rather than wait for my skin to slowly improve back to its normal condition, I decided to try a "better cream" than my usual $5 drugstore moisturizer.

The product is marketed as an "age repair cream." I'm only twenty-two and don't fret about wrinkles, age spots, etc. yet, but I'd read very positive reviews about this and figured it wouldn't hurt to try something that may go "above and beyond" what my skincare regiment requires at this age... and I'm SO happy I did. It's been over two months since I began using the moisturizer and I'd estimate I still have about a month's supply left. During this time, my skin's appearance has returned to it's pre-summer abuse state and then some. My pores have shrunk, my coloring is more uniform, and my skin feels smooth, plump, and hydrated. *Beware though- a little bit goes a LONG way. I'm used to applying facial moisturizer very generously because I'm prone to dry skin, but slathering on too much of this made my skin greasy and shiny. Put a thin layer on shortly after washing your face and behold the velvety magic that ensues. I'd also recommend allowing a little bit of time to elapse before applying blush, bronzer or any other powdery substances; the makeup can mix with the cream's residue and create cakey-ness.

I've been told that a young girl using an anti-wrinkle formula is comparable to a healthy person taking medicine for a sickness they don't have, but I disagree with that after my experience with this cream. Perhaps I don't NEED to use an aging cream yet, but my skin is undoubtedly the best it's ever been. As I said at the beginning of this review, I also bought this product's nighttime counterpart. I'd assume using it conjunction with the Gold Emulsion Night Cream only further benefited me. I don't know how effective this cream would work on skin more mature than mine, but for gals in their teens, twenties, and thirties- don't underestimate the power of wrinkle creams on wrinkle-less skin. Those extra ingredients really improve upon an already good thing.

I'm curious to try other anti-aging products to see if I can find anything better. After hearing rave reviews, I plan on purchasing a few items from the Olay Regenerist line after I use this up. If they don't work as well as this did, I'll definitely return to Anew Ultimate. I'll post my findings in a couple of months.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I always come back to this product. I try other products after falling for advertising claims, but this is the one that works for me. I'm 50 yrs old with no wrinkles and this product moisturizes and most of all lifts and firms my face. No sickening smell either. Love it!!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by facemaker

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a pretty damned good product. Over the years,I have used La Mer, Dior,Clarins, as well as many others with varying price tags. It is reminiscent of La Mer's texture, which I like. Recently I purchased sample packs of the eye cream instead of the jar for ease of use and to help extend the life of the product. Best thing I ever did. Will be repeating this idea with the other products as well: minimal wastage and less packaging in landfill.
I use all of the Ultimate range and am extremely happy with it.
As a make-up artist, I am asked quite often about skincare products and people are often quite startled when I mention this Avon product!
I believe we all have to be realistic about skincare products' capabilities and this product performs quite admirably.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2004 1:31:00 AM More reviews by cjenn

Not sure if they discontinued this or not, but a really good product. I love the Anew packaging and the unique ingredients of this like copper, magnesium, and gold. I think all the Anew products are awesome and for the money you can beat it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No