October 22, 2014 | 1931 users online

Treatments (Face) - Derma E - Ester-C Serum with E

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2011 12:51:00 PM More reviews by kissmeimacat

This serum seems to tighten and smooth my complexion somehow, but I can only use this as a mask or night time serum. It doesn't seem to blend into my skin that easily, but maybe I'm not rubbing it in.

I can actually feel it doing something as my skin tingles a little when I first put it on... and after using it for a few weeks now, my skin is overall softer seeming.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kalybeka

(Age bracket: 60's) I have used several products trying to find something that would remove or at least diminish the red places (more like little red spots) distributed across my decollete to no avail until I tried the Derma-E Ester-C Serum with Vitamin E Skin Recovery Complex. (I sunbathed alot in my teens with no sun protection because in those days sunscreen didn't exist, but I still have fairly nice skin for my age). I have to say I am quite impressed in that after only 5 times of applying this product to my decollete, I can already see visible improvement in that there is now almost no red places. I'm really impressed and it's not easy to impress me and this is only about the 3rd review on anything that I've ever submitted. Now I am applying it to my husband's arms as his skin quality has really diminished since he's in his 60's. Even my Caudalie $67 product hasn't come close to doing what this lower priced product has done for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by KikiMimiChan

this review is for the ester-c with e creme btw :)

-cream but is a bit watery in tub
-smells like oranges
-tub packaging is kinda annoying
-love that the ingredients look amazing for you (you can pronounce everything in it) & its not full of tonnes of harsh chemicals

UPDATE: things i didnt like about this product is that it seemed to take awhile to really sink in & sometimes resulted in my face looking a bit oily, also after switching moisturisers i noticed tht there is a bit of a sticky feel. to avoid this & shine i wld only use a very small amount of product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I picked this up discounted to $4.00 at Walmart. I have been wearing this exclusively at night under my other night creams. I like the idea of adding some vitamin C to my arsenal of lotions and potions and this item works well for me. My skin looks very healthy and supple upon awaking. I have not had any negative reactions or concerns by adding this to my night time routine (ie. rashes, break outs, sensitivities, clogged pores). The scent is lovely too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 8:47:00 AM More reviews by lchoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to try this natural line and I purchased this on iherb.com (very good website btw). Unfortunately, this product repulsed me. The only positive is that it is in a sanitary pump bottle.

I normally use vitamin C products in the higher price point ($45 - $95) so I was curious about this product. I found the texture of this product absolutely deplorable. It streaked on my face and when I put sunblock on top (normally my Sofina sunblock never disrupts my other skin products underneath), my face had white streaks and blobs of this vitamin C product. I had to cleanse it all off and start all over again (of course withOUT this product). I am shocked by the streaky, home brew texture of this product and the vitamin C smelled harsh.

Other vitamin C products I have tried: Jan Marini C-Esta (excellent but only lasted 2 months maximum), DHC Vitamin C Essence (lovely but just not as effective as this), Awake Vitamin C Essence (not as effective), Derma E's Ester-C Serum with E (horrific texture that streaked on the face). I finally broke down and tried and purchased the Perricone version of this cream (vitamin C with DMAE) as after the 2nd application, my face was improved dramatically (my skin looks smooth, firm, uplifted, airbrushed, bright with smaller pores). This Perricone price point ($95 for 2 oz) is drastically different than Derma E's however if you can swing it, the Perricone product is 20x more effective than Derma E's. I am sure that other fine drugstore brands like Olay, Neutrogena, L'oreal offer better, more sophisticated formulations for a vitamin C product.

I am Korean, 43 years old. I have combination skin (dry in winter, slightly oily in summer however very prone to plugged pores and occasional breakouts). I use: Natura Bisse, Perricone MD, Jurlique, Jan Marini, Cosmedicine, DHC Olive Oil Cleanser, and MD Forte Cleanser II & III.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by ReggieJackson

I tried to find the DMAE serum but when I asked my health food person to order it the company said this was it. Not sure if they have changed the formulation to be more like the DMAE serum? Anyway. I use this with a other treatments and totally love it! My skin looks so much clearer and it is plumped up as well. I re-vamped my entire skin care routine back in February and added this one in May. It is great and I would definitely recommend it. Serums are nice for oily skin as they are light and you can use them with other products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CecileCecile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Ester-C with E recovery cream. I received a sample packet of this about a year ago from a health food store and thought it was the nicest face cream I had used in a long time. It made my skin plump and velvety and glowy, plus I liked the orange scent. Best of all, it didn't contribute to break-outs! I stretched that sample out for as long as I could. I returned to the (private) health food store to purchase some and felt I could not afford the price they were asking for it. I found it recently in the health-foods section at my local Loblaws (not affil.) and was overjoyed to see it was only $16 there! I would recommend this product to anyone with tired skin that needs a boost. I will most definitely repurchase this cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by babygiggles

Makes your skin very tight and dry. I have oily skin and this product made my skin very uncomfortable. Definately not for sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by dumpling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a really good budget buy and the best serum I've found for under $35 , of course if you want a super potent Vit C serum you will be disappointed and will have to shell out loads more (Cellex C, Skinceuticals etc.,) but I like this as it doesn't irritate and in the summer I use it liberally as a moisturiser (only at night though as the texture is weird when it dries;somewhat flaky)) as it is so cheap and is light and doesn't clog. My skin always looks fresher , more even toned and scars faded somewhat. I was sceptical when I boughtv this as I was only used to high end stuff so I really thought it would be rubbish, and only recently started using this as I'd run out of my usual stuff, in fact I've had this for a year or two ,kicking around my skincare stockpile and was going to chuck it out. Glad I didn't , a great buy for $10.99, I'll e getting more when I head to the US .

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2007 2:33:00 PM More reviews by AnnP30

This did nothing for me. And the smell was overpowering and off-putting. I don't recommend and won't repurchase.