October 1, 2014 | 1330 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - Blush brush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 5:35:00 PM More reviews by inbetweendays

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the negative reviews. I really love this brush for blush. I was talked into the MAC 187 by a MAC salesperson and it is just too big for blush, in my opinion. This brush, on the other hand, is the perfect size to place blush exactly where you want it to go. It is very soft and I haven't noticed any shedding with gentle washing/blotting it dry and letting it air dry. I agree that it does not pick up a lot of color but I am fine with that because I prefer to build up intensity gradually. A larger brush head makes it difficult to place color exactly where you want it. I am very happy with the size and quality of this brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Smallish blusher brush with crimped metallic brown ferrule and matte black wood handles. It doesnt say which hair on Shiseido's site but it's pretty soft and I'm gonna assume either all or partly squirrel hair. The hair is lightly packed and picks up pigment lightly.

It's a good looking brush and soft but my main problem with it is that it sheds and the hair breaks off. Unacceptable in a high end brush and I have paid even more for a blusher brush than this one. currently retails for $38 plus tax. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2011 12:56:00 PM More reviews by myohmy

I borrowed this brush from my cousin to apply benefit dandelion on top of blush. I had to buy it cause it looked really nice. The brush is the softest ever.. which means that it doesn't really pick up a lot of product. It is better to use a denser blush brush to apply color, then use this shiseido brush to buff color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bristles are unbelievably soft and have lasted through repeated washings. The main caveat is the price--though I hear it is being discontinued. Love how I can use this for anything--to apply blush, to contour, to highlight.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2006 10:02:00 PM More reviews by classic_229

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As for the below "biweekly washing" business, I think the excessive washing might have done it. I've had nothing but great results with this brush. It's soft as silk and applies my NARS powder blush with ease.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2005 7:01:00 PM More reviews by mers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I haven't experienced problems in it picking up the products, after a year of everyday use and biweekly washing, the hairs started falling out all over the place and just won't stop. To compound the problem, the brush has inexplicably "retracted" into the metal joining the head to the handle, and is now only 3/4 inch long! useless! I am switching to a highly recommended Trish McEvoy #37 brush --hopefully I'll do better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2004 11:10:00 PM More reviews by noseofblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush does not pick up any blush. It was expensive and it is useless.