July 31, 2014 | 1281 users online

Shampoo - Avalon Organics Botanicals - Avalon Organics Awapuhi Mango Moisturizing Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by lilium8

I actually love this shampoo. The smell can be a bit overwhelming at first, but I find that it doesn't linger too much and after showering just turns into a nice, subtle sweet smell.

It leaves my hair soft, shiny and voluminous. I was surprised at all the negative comments on here, as it is not my experience with the product at all and have used about two bottles of the stuff over the passed three years (alternating with avalon rosemary shampoo and lavera shampoo, whichever I can get my hands on).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by fitfreak

This has got to be the worse shampoo I've ever tried. I always use natural products and I've had success with aveda and phyto. My hair is natural, healthy and soft. However after using this, it made my hair dry and dull. I even bought the matching conditioner and for some reason, the more I use these products, the drier my hair gets and more dull.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/1/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by celialw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not like this shampoo... The first time I tried it I thought it was okay, although I did not like the smell that much, it made my hair clean. I have now used the shampoo for a while, and I am absolutly sure that this is the worst shampoo I have ever tried. As mentioned, at first it worked okay, but the second time I used it I felt like my hair become so much more dry than before... And the more I use it, the more dry my hair gets. I've used the Avalon Moisturizing Conditioner afterwards, and that made my hair a little softer. But I think this shampoo is crap.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by lolitadee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

so yeah i tried the product for the 1st time today and...i must say i like it! it lathered up nicely did its cleaning job well. i do agree the smell is a tad...different, but not like toxic die. my hair right now is looking awesome. no fly aways, shinny, nd it has a somewhat citrus scent to it. so i like nd will keep using.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by SZQueue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst shampoo I've ever tried. Bought a bottle of this and the biotin version at Whole Foods. It almost didn't feel like shampoo but a failed high school lab experiment (okay fine, Organic Chem saponification failure). It was so awful I didn't even try the other bottle and considered giving it away but my conscience finally had me throwing them both out.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2008 6:59:00 AM More reviews by OlgaI

Disappointing stuff. I was searching for a non-SLS/SLES shampoo since my HG Shiseido FT finished and I couldn't find it anywhere. So I decided this was a decent substitute. No way! It leaves my hair dry and twisted like any harsh shampoo. I kinda liked the smell of ilang, though.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2007 2:50:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This shampoo left my hair feeling tangly and dry. The smell was okay but not my favorite. I perfer Alba Plumeria Hair Wash to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2006 5:52:00 PM More reviews by h2odogmomma

I'm in the minority here but I love the way this smells. Sorta tropical. I have been trying to find a non-sulfate/non-cone shampoo to replace Pureology Hydrate. I loved Pureology at first because it made my mid-back, processed (highlighted) hair soft and silky. However, with continued use it really dried it out. It's sulfate-free but the cones eventually coated my hair. Even with use of a clarifier. Anyway, after trying everything under the sun (salon and natural products) I stumbled on this. Yayy! I have moisturized, soft hair again. I use this diluted in a squirt bottle, directing the nozzle to my scalp. Slowly massage onto scalp and then squeeze shampoo through the length. This method gets my scalp clean without leaving my hair over-stripped. I use this with the matching conditioner alternating with Biolage Conditioning Balm. Hair looks and feels great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2006 11:30:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an overall good shampoo but I don't think I'll buy it again. My hair feels clean afterwards, but this product is not moisturizing enough. Although it's gentle and doesn't contain harsh ingredients, it's not an HG. Would probably be more suitable with normal hair rather than dry hair.

Yes, it has a strange smell but I kinda like it. A bit chemical but citrus-y and also has a faint candy scent... Hard to describe.

Bottom line: good product but definitely not the best on the market! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by glorylight4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an awful product. I hoped that the gentle ingredients would help me restore my very long hair (it's past my hips), the bottom half of which is in serious trouble. However, the first thing that put me off of this shampoo was the smell. It REEKS. It does not, by any means smell like mango. It smells artificial...it's hard to describe...maybe like plastic urine mixed with exhaust fumes? And the smell doesn't fade afterwards either. Many hours later, when my boyfriend leaned in to kiss my cheek, he pulled back and made a face as he inquired what concoction I had put into my hair.
Moreover, nasty smell aside, this shampoo did not live up to its promise of moisturizing hair. I felt no difference washing with this than I did with shampoos that cost less than half as much (a bottle of this stuff will run you around 10 USD). I honestly saw similar or better results with Herbal Essences (which is not organic and has some harsher detergents in it) or even Dove, which has even harsher ingredients.
Overall, this shampoo and the companion conditioner are a complete and utter waste of money, and I am left with dry, smelly hair, and a lighter wallet. continued >>