Pantene Relaxed & Natural

3.4

on 3/22/2013 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am white with hair that is a mix of straight/fine and coarse/wavy/curly hairs that stick up all over my head. I have lived in a really dry climate for the past 5 years (West Texas) and was looking at pictures from when I lived in the Pac Northwest. I was shocked to see how dull and dry my hair had become over time from the bad water we have here. Apple Cider doesn't help. Even if it removes the Ca++ and Mg++ it is still so drying. I have tried everything. Not shampooing but 2x a week, the Loreal Conditioner Creme Shampoo/EverSulfate, nothing works. Then I remembered this line from using the conditioner in DC and thought the shampoo might have some oils in it that helped put some moisture back in my hair.

Now, I can't stop touching my hair! After one use it became soft and shiny again, not coarse and dry and flyaway. It actually shines again. I noticed this shampoo has a 72-hour moisture time, which I hope is true because I try to wash my hair every 3 days. I lathered it on and shaved my legs to let the oils and creams absorb and then rinsed and conditioned like normal. I didn't even add any product to my hair after chamois towel-drying. I may not use this every time I shampoo, but I will use it for 1 of my 2 weekly shampoos for sure. Wonderful!

But yes if you don't have extremely dry hair, it is probably too much for you.

on 2/7/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I have purchased this shampoo and conditioner on three occasions. I have been disappointed with the results every time. I made the mistake of thinking that when pantene reformulated their products that they would have improved the relaxed and natural line too. I was wrong about that. This line always leaves my hair very greasy, limp, and tangled. I'm am african american and I have fine dry hair. This line is just too heavy for my hair. It also doesn't detangle at all leaves my hair a mess. I do however Like the relaxed & natural daily oil cream it's actually pretty light and it gives my hair a nice shine.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this shampoo. I no longer use it because I have the BKT in my hair and that requires use of a sodium-free shampoo that wont strip the keratin protein from my hair. If I ever stop doing the BKT, which I highly doubt, I will continue to buy this. Overall, I think this is the perfect shampoo for curly, unruly, frizzy, hair!

on 3/30/2010 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

After the birth of my son, my hair looked like I had been electrocuted. After trying pretty much everything, I came across this product and I decided to give it a try.

Let's just say that it makes my hair look like I haven't washed it in a week. It feels greasy and not clean. I took a look at the ingredients and the second one is petrolatum! While that ingredient may be good on your skin, it does NOTHING to nourish your hair. I had to wash my hair 4 times to get rid of that nasty residue and make it look clean again. This is probably THE WORST SHAMPOO EVER.

on 1/23/2010 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Best shampoo ever. I love this product, I even use it on my girls hair. It makes your hair so soft and shiny. It just feels healthy after washing it.
They even kicked for the african american girls I love it. I love products like this and they even started lower the prices to make it more affordable. Way to to go Pantene.

on 10/27/2009 8:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have just started using this product again, only this time i bought the shampoo and conditioner together. I am african american, and have very thick hair that is prone to breakage, mainly after washing my hair. I have found that i have significant less breakage, even after the first use. As far as other reviewers saying that it's TOO moisturizing, i don't agree. I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for hair types other than relaxed and natural as the conditioner maybe too thick or heavy. While it didn't leave my hair super soft, it wasn't unmanageable or dry either, satisfactory for sure though. I only gave it 3 lippies because it remains to be seen whether or not this will be my go to s/c combo, and the smell isn't pleasant at all. I'm looking to grow my hair out at least 2 or 3 inches more so we'll see.

on 1/8/2009 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I used to swear by this when it first came out. I was so happy to see a drugstore brand catering to relaxed hair folks. But the more I used it the more I developed a dry & itchy scalp. Not to mention that it really smells funny. I never realized that this made my hair greasy until one day after I finished washing my hair, I passed my hand through it and my fingers were really greasy. My hair became harder and dryer looking. Didn't know this stuff contained petroleum. I definitely dumped this crap after that and switched to Mizani and Keracare products.

on 12/16/2008 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I tried this shampoo a long time ago. I have relaxed hair and was happy to see pantene come out with a line specifically geared toward relaxed and natural hair. When I first tried the shampoo I could feel how smooth my hair became while still washing it. I used both the shampoo and conditioner on my hair. When my hair dried it felt very soft but I noticed a waxy substance on my fingertips each time I touched my hair.

After work that day I went home to read the ingredients on the bottle only to discover that Petrolatum (I think I spelled that correctly) is one of the main ingredients. I cannot for the life of me understand why Pantene feels the need to add petroleum to shampoo...I have never seen this done before in any other "ethnic" shampoos. To my knowledge, petroleum is used mainly as a barrier..it has no moisturizing properties whatsoever.

For the ladies who have posted success with the product..I am happy for you. Just be careful becasue this ingedient in the shampoo does not add any moisture to the hair but only serves to keep moisure from getting in...something ladies with relaxed hair definately cannot afford to go without.

on 11/11/2008 10:45:00 PM

Overall, this is a good shampoo. It cleansed and moisturized my hair well. I didn't notice anything amazing about it though. I haven't used this in a while, but this has to be the best drugstore line out there for your money. The only reason I stopped using this line is because my stylist introduced me to Mizani and Keracare products.

on 7/16/2008 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Made some of my hair fall out!!! no only that alot of my mothers fell out, she originally thought it was her age until my aunt called her crying about her use of the shampoo making ALOT of her hair fall out, thus NONE OF US use this product anymore and looking around on the net, it actually has products that can be really harsh to fragile african american type of hair, i DO NOT recommend this to anyone i now use a brand that's not listed on the website

Popular Shampoos