October 24, 2014 | 1733 users online

Moisturizers - Guinot - Hydrazone Moisturizing Cream - All Skin Types

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Although Guinot's Longue Vie Cellulaire is probably my HG for a moisturizer, Hydrazone is terrible. I think each time I use it, whether a sample tube, or the full jar, I have gotten clogged pores the next day. I forget this often, and do come back to it sometimes at night, mistaking it for LVC, since the packaging is the same.... And always the same result. As someone else mentioned, it is much too expensive for a no-frills cream anyway. I have normal to dry skin. I need a good hydrating cream. The spa lady praised Hydrazone as a good moisturizer for 'young skin'--honestly, I can't do the same. Longue vie cellulaire is much better, or creme blancheur (sp?) if you want some brightening.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by SiljeEmilienne

This gave me major brakeouts, which is ashame because I really likes the smell and the consistancy.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2011 5:46:00 PM More reviews by macbao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't buy it again, it's too heavy even for the evening as my skin fails to absorb it. It causes breakouts from my skin the next morning. The hydrating effect is not great. However, the scent is nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2010 9:11:00 PM More reviews by celticat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only product by Guinot that I don't like at all. I wanted it to be light, sheer, tender and not very oily. But it was heavy, not oily, but waxy, so-so moisturizing and very bad for my skin. I stopped to use it and gave it away after it made me breakout and clogged my pores. It contains lots of sylicones, I suppose.
Will not buy again and don't recommend to people with acne-prone skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 4:25:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i think this moisturizer is really good for my oily skin, because it is water based. it balances out my face by giving it the moisture it needs without giving it too much moisture, and making it even more oily. that being said, it's not a mattifier. it doesn't make my skin completely oil free. perfect for winter.
the only problem is that this stuff is ridiculously expensive, and that i wish it came in a bottle and not a jar. otherwise, it's pretty good.
edit: it doesn't work too well in the summer because my face is already oily enough, so it's a good winter cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2010 6:46:00 AM More reviews by kokomacola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from feelunique.com, I have to say that I didn't look at the ingredients first, that's because they sell this brand on dermotologist (or how it spell, haha), people who work with skin and really are serious about ingredients. But I have to say that I'm totally dispointed on this product. It breaks me out, and I though that was because of other product, but it wasn't. It give me good moist thou, but "alochol denat" isn't good for your skin.... And it's almost the 1. on the ingredients list.

Not recomended ATALL, and expectually not if you're an acne-prone skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Amandee

this is my HG moisturiser! I've been through so many brands of moisturisers and they either didnt work for me or broke me out. I have oily/combination skin but somewhat dehydrated beneath, sensitive, prone to acne and live in a hot/humid climate. It is very pricey for a moisturiser but its definitely worth it (better than spending so much on several cheaper moisturisers that dont work)

This moisturiser helped calm down my pimples and I always find myself coming back to this. recently i tried the Clarins Hydraquench Cooling Gel for Hot/humid climates but it broke me out like crazy. I ended up reaching for this yet again. It definitely helped calm down all the little pimples (some jelly ones even) and now my skin is back to its original, pimple-free-with the occasional 1 or 2 little ones on my chin state.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2009 8:48:00 AM More reviews by pinktyke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I had just replied to a board discussion re: the Guinot hydradermie facial, and it reminded me to write a review on the hydrazone moisturizing cream for all skin types. I was a loyal user of Dermalogica's products, specifically the smoothing cream, for about 1 - 2 years. Unfortunately, the smoothing cream was becoming less effective, and I needed to try something different.

I started going to this new day spa for facials, which uses Guinot products for their treatments. My beautician gave me a few samples of Guinot's products to try, one of which is the hydrazone moisturizing cream. It turned out to be suitable for my dehydrated and sensitive skin. It is moisturizing enough, yet it does not cause any irritation or breakouts (although I still get a few pimples / red spots once in a while).

I have been using this cream twice a day for about 3 months or so. It has been great, and I will continue with it until I find something more effective.

I personally think that Guinot makes quality products, and I would recommend those with delicate and sensitive skin to give their products a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

This is a great summer moisturizer even if you have t-zone. It's perfect the way a good creme should be. I love the Nutrizone Nourishing Creme too, both are worth the money. I saw a radiance within a day or two. I'd give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2008 9:01:00 AM More reviews by sabrunka

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh how I love this cream!! It's just wonderful!! I have normal skin and this just goes on perfectly.. Makes my skin feel like velvet and I get no breakouts!! You should definitely try it if you're thinking about purchasing.